Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:42 PM

175 posts, read 651,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane2 View Post
Here is one prominent Asian from P.G. County Frank Cho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia His parents still live in Beltsville, according to a lengthy cover article in the "Washington Post Sunday Magazine" last year.
Actually, beltsville has a high asian population, i discovered that when me and my friends went to a true japanese restaurant,(nobdy speaked english) i forgot the name but it was in a predomintly asian community. I think some migrate to college park as well.

Youve got minority neighborhoods by the cp area, langley is pretty much latino so is riverdale, uni park is college students, beltsville is asian, adelphi i herd has a lot of blacks, i dont know about that though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 12:06 AM

449 posts, read 1,175,536 times
Quote:
My old neighborhood (Indian Queen) is a decent place to live
But, did you not hear about the dead body that was just found in Indian Queen, in the trunk of a car, on Kisconko Turn (street) ?

Read the story by clicking here The Washington Post: National, World & D.C. Area News and Headlines - washingtonpost.com and in the search box type "Kisconko".[/quote]

lol, the body was dumped in the neighborhood. The crime took place miles away.

They used my neighborhood to dump the body b/c it's quiet and rural

Old 03-21-2011, 06:13 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayayards View Post
Actually, beltsville has a high asian population, i discovered that when me and my friends went to a true japanese restaurant,(nobdy speaked english) i forgot the name but it was in a predomintly asian community. I think some migrate to college park as well.

Youve got minority neighborhoods by the cp area, langley is pretty much latino so is riverdale, uni park is college students, beltsville is asian, adelphi i herd has a lot of blacks, i dont know about that though...
Vansville?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:

But, did you not hear about the dead body that was just found in Indian Queen, in the trunk of a car, on Kisconko Turn (street) ?

Read the story by clicking here The Washington Post: National, World & D.C. Area News and Headlines - washingtonpost.com and in the search box type "Kisconko".
That neighborhood really isn't that bad. Just because of one incident, which is still a mystery, doesn't make it a bad place. Stuff rarely happens there. I used to go to Indian Queen and live right over there. Definitely not the place where stuff like that happens everyday. I mean I don't think people are calling Bethesda Row hood after the Lululemon murder...

Old 03-21-2011, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 4,022 times
I am not sure, if this is the correct area, I grew up in Hillcrest Heights, Washington DC 25 in the 1950s. My father was stationed a Bolling AFB. It was a great family friendly neighborhood.
I went to Green Valley Elementary School. And, the kids were 98 percent white.
All children of Millitary or Defense contract families. That was after the Korean War, so much has changed. But, my memory was of a wonderful funloving community.
If this is the same Area, I am saddened to hear the of the changes.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 PM

175 posts, read 651,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Vansville?
Yah that area has a high asian pop to, but the neighborhood and restaurant was in beltsville, i swear it was i live a stones throw away from college park, so i know.

Heres the restaurNt

http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid...Beltsville,+MD

Last edited by yayayards; 03-21-2011 at 05:21 PM..

Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 PM

165 posts, read 530,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak503 View Post
I am not sure, if this is the correct area, I grew up in Hillcrest Heights, Washington DC 25 in the 1950s. My father was stationed a Bolling AFB. It was a great family friendly neighborhood.
I went to Green Valley Elementary School. And, the kids were 98 percent white.
All children of Millitary or Defense contract families. That was after the Korean War, so much has changed. But, my memory was of a wonderful funloving community.
If this is the same Area, I am saddened to hear the of the changes.

There is actually a nostalgia website all about the Hillcrest Heights community. Click here http://marlowheights60sand70s.com

You might also like this Home Page Kidshow.dcmemories.com

Old 03-22-2011, 01:52 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times
Its funny this VA boy has met just as many if not more white folks from PG county than MoCo. Last summer had a temp job with a guy who grew up in College Park and his elderly parents still lived there. I've met few mixed gay couples from Upper Marlboro. Ghettoish (is that even a word haha) white boys from the inner ring cities like Seat Pleasant, Capitol Heights, etc are forever hitting on me. I just had drinks with a young white guy that works in Arlington who's moving him and the soon to be bride to a townhouse in Fort Washington that's bigger than a VA townhouse of the same price.

So really in my experience all kinds of folks white or black live in PG county. Some were dirt poor and some were doing it up in HUGE McMansions in Upper Marlboro. I don't know I seem to attract more PG county folks overall than MoCo but I don't exactly ask for the place of residence from everyone I meet.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
Vansville?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayayards View Post
Yah that area has a high asian pop to,
Vansville - high asian population as well?

Where is this place? I don't see it on any PG map anywhere.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Vansville - high asian population as well?

Where is this place? I don't see it on any PG map anywhere.
It's in Beltsville. East of Route 1, north of Powder Mill Road, and not sure how far up it goes, but check that general vicinity. It has a park and an elementary school with the same name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland