Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM

575 posts, read 554,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnietspingal View Post
You KNOW nothing about real REPUBLICS (We're not a democracy as you already know) because we have representative government. You are ignorant of the whole USA capability as far as voting is concerned. Don't shout your ignorance.
Please, continue shouting your ignorance, it amuses me. If you don't like the style of government the USA has, then move to Australia or France which operates under a Parliamentary style of government. Trust me, if you think this is bad, it's worse over there. You get to vote for a President, but his/her powers are LIMITED and the real power rests in the hands of the PM, which is for the most part, the leader of the largest party in the legislature.

Now please, list some REAL republics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 03:22 PM

200 posts, read 293,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
Please, continue shouting your ignorance, it amuses me. If you don't like the style of government the USA has, then move to Australia or France which operates under a Parliamentary style of government. Trust me, if you think this is bad, it's worse over there. You get to vote for a President, but his/her powers are LIMITED and the real power rests in the hands of the PM, which is for the most part, the leader of the largest party in the legislature.

Lol! I almost spit on my monitor.

Quote:
You get to vote for a President, but his/her powers are LIMITED and the real power rests in the hands of the PM, which is for the most part, the leader of the largest party in the legislature.
Isn't this basically the intent of the US Constitution? The president has limited powers and real power lies with the legislature. Read it, it's there. Everything is SUPPOSED to be ratified by congress before it is law.
Sure we don't have a PM but there are lots of representatives/senators with fancy titles because they chair certain committees but their powers end there. Does Speaker of the House equate to PM? Maybe VPOTUS fits that bill.

The USA is a republic being slowly driven down a dirty back road to who knows where. No other country has a system of government with a groundwork laid out by something resembling our Constitution so there are no other republics.

Something I can't get past is total disregard of the 10th amendment.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoreater View Post
Lol! I almost spit on my monitor.

Isn't this basically the intent of the US Constitution? The president has limited powers and real power lies with the legislature. Read it, it's there. Everything is SUPPOSED to be ratified by congress before it is law.
Sure we don't have a PM but there are lots of representatives/senators with fancy titles because they chair certain committees but their powers end there. Does Speaker of the House equate to PM? Maybe VPOTUS fits that bill.

The USA is a republic being slowly driven down a dirty back road to who knows where. No other country has a system of government with a groundwork laid out by something resembling our Constitution so there are no other republics.

Something I can't get past is total disregard of the 10th amendment.
We have this thing called checks and balances. Each branch has equal power though it's commonly accepted that the judicial branch is the weakest of them all.

If you read the Constitution as much as you claim, then you'd know that.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:57 PM

102 posts, read 152,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifie View Post
Coming from MD and now in CA I agree with you....
woohoo! you got free

u lucky b3tch

Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XX View Post
woohoo! you got free

u lucky b3tch
I thought you had some place to be?

Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudson1942 View Post
I moved here in February from California. I thought California was a "cold shoulder state" until I moved here. Now I find myself among the most unfriendly people on the planet. The only folks who will even make eye contact with you are paid to do so: i.e. checkout folks in fast food or grocery stores. Even in a grocery store, you cannot get a smile returned or a greeting from ANYONE!! I am so depressed to find this the most unfriendly place I have ever lived in. Ready to go back to California! Maryland hospitality sucks!!
Most of those ppl in Laurel are poor. Lower middle class and trailer park. Especially the ones who live around the mall... they dont have a lot to smile about.. Just be glad they're not robbing you.

Most of the money in this state is in Columbia/Ellicott city and Montgomery co. People out there are probably more friendly, but they're annoying as h3ll also. I actually can't walk out the door without somebody bugging me about something. On the streets in the stores wherever. I swear I'll be in my car and they'll still try and bug me (if my tinted windows are down - thats why i keep them halfway up). But they're fake friendly. Found that out last year. Long story.... its in my other post.

When they come at me now I cut em off. I don't do fake.

Im with you - getting the eff outta this boring hole. I decided the only time I'm not gonna be an a$$hole is when I'm outta state. lol cant stand these people. Never really did like them because they're so corny. Just not my kind of people I hang with. Homely, country, shy, insecure, corny, slow witted nobodies going nowhere in life. But i just tolerate them and until last year was just numb to them. They nauseate me now. lol seriously. I vomit in my mouth a little around them.

Lets get the eff outta out of this hole seriously Im outta here soon. can't wait

Last edited by L3XX; 11-01-2012 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: had to put the a$$hole back in it :)~

Old 11-01-2012, 06:50 PM

yea imagine that I actually came back a whole 5 hours later

UHHHH ...HOW'D I DO THAT???

Lol you thickheaded losers need help thinking everything out dont cha.

boring.zzzz. i swear you people are like my corny little fans. on the street and off. and like any other star I don't even know who you are. lol

i ignore them offline too. whenever i'm stuck in-state somewhere. i only allow them to hand me my change at the store at check outs if i get stuck somewhere where I can't ring my own shzz up.

Lol. losers

Old 11-01-2012, 07:26 PM

(I'm just guessing) but if they think you're "old" then you can forget it. They're scared and intimated by people if they look like they're over 20. Not 60 like an actual older person. BUT TWENTY.

LOL. As pathetic as that is it's true. That might be your problem.

Like I said in my other post "WHY ARE MARYLANDERS soooo CORNY". That's what happened to me when I got some real bad facial scars last year. These fake nobodies totally changed up on me after kissing my butt every year before I got the scars with cheesey smiles and corny convo. As soon as I got the scars, they changed up, acted scared to speak and said nothing but "yes ma'am!" "no ma'am!" back to back (literally like a slave). Like you said no eye contact. Scared. It was the weirdest shzz. LOL I'm still in my 20's and don't look anything like a ma'am. I just had scars on my face. And these thickheaded fools thought I was their grand mama all of a sudden. I swear I pimpslapped a couple. Told them "you're corny quit calling me ma'am they're just scars" and laughed at the rest in their face. That scared them even more. I swear a couple pee'ed on themselves. One of them actually said "ok ma'am!" shook like a wimp and dropped my order on the floor. lol! looooooser. I laughed harder. Was on the phone with a friend when it happened and I put them on speaker phone and we both laughed at him. (lmao face) Was too funny.

Normal smart people with strong personalities dont do corny shzz like that. It only happened here never when I went out of state. I got treated like a normal person. (shrug) I'll say it again. They're a$$ backward losers down here. Going nowhere in life. Scared of old folks. lol

I'm telling you these are some weird loser mofos.

Now that my scars are gone they're back to kissing my a$$ again. FAKKKKKKE and weak. Not surprised though. They were weak before they showed me that.

So I'm guessing you're probably not in your 20's. They act like that if they think you're 30 and over. To them that's old. Nobody gves a shzz about somebodys age but a loser who's insecure about his own. I treat people like people. Dont care how old you are. If you're cool you're cool. If not eff u.

eff these losers ;O)

Last edited by L3XX; 11-01-2012 at 07:42 PM..

Old 11-02-2012, 01:17 AM

L3xx is one funny troll. I think (s)he suffers from Narcissistic personality disorder.

You know bro, if you seek help, the doctor will just give you pills for that. Sadly they don't do shock therapy anymore; it'd be the best way to cure you.

Ohh well....have a Derpy day!

Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 AM

377 posts, read 576,483 times
Quote:

Every USA State that has OPEN PRIMARIES!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland