Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 01:58 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,807,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingRnd View Post
Well, I don't have no kids, don't care about schools. Crime theft, home invasions, auto-theft, assaults, sexual predators is what my concern is. How is that in Bowie? I am not looking for a house right now. Just a quiet, clean, condo to rent with a washer & dryer and someplace to park. And close to public trans and stores to buy groceries.
you would like bowie but public transit is not big there i think The Bus goes there tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 06:43 PM

631 posts, read 1,396,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingRnd View Post
Well, I don't have no kids, don't care about schools. Crime theft, home invasions, auto-theft, assaults, sexual predators is what my concern is. How is that in Bowie? I am not looking for a house right now. Just a quiet, clean, condo to rent with a washer & dryer and someplace to park. And close to public trans and stores to buy groceries.
Bowie has a low crime rate, and the crime is in certain pockets. In the city limits (zip code 20715 and 20716) most of the condos are located in South Bowie (20176) such as Convington, and behind Bowie Town Center. You can find some that are for rent. My co-worker rents one in Covington, however be careful as she has said seen a lot of section 8 and multiple tenants are residing in the condos which are having some police activity, but still not as bad. Plus Bowie City Police is located down the street on Excalibur Road.

Lake Arbor, which is in Mitchellville (but has a Bowie zipcode 20721) has more condos. Again do your research as that area has seen some increasing crime in the past few years, but not as bad. This areas is about a 10 min drive to the Largo Town Center Metro Station if you need Public Transport.

You can use Spot Crime if you want to check out the neighborhoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
you would like bowie but public transit is not big there i think The Bus goes there tho.
The Bus and MetroBus has several lines in Bowie up and down 197, 301, 450 and 214.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:16 AM

712 posts, read 1,092,636 times
Also in the 20715 zip code, you're only a few minutes away from the MARC station at Bowie State University.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland