Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 15,120 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'll be moving to the Maryland/DC area in April to start a job in Hyattsville. I'm coming ahead of my fiance - so I'm looking for a place in a safe area where the commute to Hyattsville isn't too bad (near Prince George's Metro). I'd welcome any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:43 AM

70 posts, read 198,531 times
Hyattsville.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 AM

219 posts, read 594,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesgirl2006 View Post
Hello. I'll be moving to the Maryland/DC area in April to start a job in Hyattsville. I'm coming ahead of my fiance - so I'm looking for a place in a safe area where the commute to Hyattsville isn't too bad (near Prince George's Metro). I'd welcome any suggestions.
You may need to provide a little more detail of what your looking for such as your price range, if your looking for apt, condo or single family home, if you prefer to drive or take public transportation, etc...

I think Hyattsville would be a great place to live, particularly near the Arts district b/c that area seems pretty safe. You should also look into Silver Spring, College Park, Bowie (mainly if your looking for a nice single family home that is affordable), or Greenbelt. Each area offers different qualities so if you provide more info on what your looking for we can give better suggestions.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 15,120 times
I am willing to spend up to $2500 a month. I am open to either a condo, apartment or single family home. I would like the option to take the metro or drive to work. I have two dogs that are not coming with me initially but will come with my fiance - so the place would need to be flexible about accepting dogs.

Where is the Arts district? I've seen that mentioned on a few different posts on this forum.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,567,997 times
Quote:
I am willing to spend up to $2500 a month. I am open to either a condo, apartment or single family home. I would like the option to take the metro or drive to work. I have two dogs that are not coming with me initially but will come with my fiance - so the place would need to be flexible about accepting dogs.

Where is the Arts district? I've seen that mentioned on a few different posts on this forum.

You can find a nice home in Hyattsville for $2500/month. Even the new town homes in the Hyattsville Arts District are in the 300s. Hyattsville has two metro stations.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:05 PM

219 posts, read 594,991 times
Quote:

The Arts district in Hyattsville would be a good choice for you, there are some brand new large townhomes in the area in the mid $300s across from a shopping center with an big Organic grocery store (Whole Foods Market??), Chipotle, Elevation Burger, Busboys and Poets, and many other shops. Here is a link that provides more info for you: Arts District Hyattsville community in Hyattsville, Maryland 20781 by Pulte Homes

Downtown Silver Spring would also fit your price range as far as finding a condo or apt. Silver Spring may be the better choice if you want to be in walking distance to a lot of bars, theaters, shopping etc... otherwise you can drive or metro to Silver Spring from Hyattsville in no time.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,567,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGuy View Post
The Arts district in Hyattsville would be a good choice for you, there are some brand new large townhomes in the area in the mid $300s across from a shopping center with an big Organic grocery store (Whole Foods Market??), Chipotle, Elevation Burger, Busboys and Poets, and many other shops. Here is a link that provides more info for you: Arts District Hyattsville community in Hyattsville, Maryland 20781 by Pulte Homes

Downtown Silver Spring would also fit your price range as far as finding a condo or apt. Silver Spring may be the better choice if you want to be in walking distance to a lot of bars, theaters, shopping etc... otherwise you can drive or metro to Silver Spring from Hyattsville in no time.
It's a YES! Organic Market. Whole Foods is part of the Cafritz development yet to break ground.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:48 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
$2500 a month is a decent budget and with that I'd live in downtown Silver Spring because theres so much to do and it's near the Metro and pretty safe. Some of the nicer areas of College Park might be good too but its less safe and has a college town atmosphere. When I say it is less safe, I mean being out at night in the strip. Some areas of Greenbelt are nice too, its a so called model town and one of the oldest planned communities.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:26 AM

2,594 posts, read 4,655,643 times
Default Boredatwork

$2500 a month decent? That's damn good you could live in the finest residence and still save on gas if you actually lived around where your working. Forget a silverspring you"ll just be in traffic or traffic lights all day trying to get to Hyattsville

Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 AM

94 posts, read 193,209 times
Both Mosaic at Metro and Post Park are first rate places to live in your price range (I prefer Mosaic because you can walk to the metro) near shopping, movies & a so-so mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland