Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:50 PM

27 posts, read 37,904 times

Advertisements

Okay I will tell you the truth about Eleanor Roosevelt, everyone thinks that if they move to greenbelt then they will go to ERHS and suceed............NOPE! ERHS's high rankings are because of the magnet students if you move to Greenbelt you will go to ERHS but you will be put into regular classes unless you make it into the magnet program. Trust me if they dropped the magnet program ERHS would be just as bad as DuVal or Suitland. So unless you have a very smart child I dont suggest expecting to go to ERHS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 03:54 PM

Honestly I would say Bowie is your best bet just look at the rankings

Old 05-27-2012, 02:44 PM

503 posts, read 807,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX_BRO View Post
Okay I will tell you the truth about Eleanor Roosevelt, everyone thinks that if they move to greenbelt then they will go to ERHS and suceed............NOPE! ERHS's high rankings are because of the magnet students if you move to Greenbelt you will go to ERHS but you will be put into regular classes unless you make it into the magnet program. Trust me if they dropped the magnet program ERHS would be just as bad as DuVal or Suitland. So unless you have a very smart child I dont suggest expecting to go to ERHS.
Nonsense.

Get back to us when you have some real numbers to back up your specious statements.

Consider very carefully before you respond lest you get the internet whipping of a lifetime.

Naturally, being an expert and all, you do know that the same teachers that teach the AP and Science/Tech classes also teach the comprehensive students, right? I mean...being an expert and all....

That is unlike the other two Science and Tech High Schools where all of the resources from the S/T program are designated solely for those in that program. How's that working out?

It appears that you are just one of the lazy few who failed to take advantage of the opportunities afforded to you there. Don't let that cloud what little judgement you have.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Honestly I would say Bowie is your best bet just look at the rankings
Oh really? And what would you use to back that up?

Again, think carefully before answering and don't let your personal biases cloud your judgement because the facts do not back up your statements.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
Outside of the Science and Tech program, Roosevelt is still a good school. The magnet program is just a small percentage of the overall student population. The discipline and school spirit is equally shared between all the students. The administration there is excellent and this reflects in the respect the students have for their school and the overall atmosphere seems less chaotic than other high schools in the area.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
Oh really? And what would you use to back that up?

Again, think carefully before answering and don't let your personal biases cloud your judgement because the facts do not back up your statements.
Sorry, I mean Bowie if you are choosing to live in P.G, Montgomery county(excluding Silver Spring, Takoma Park, & Langley Park) Preferably Olney which is only abut a 30 minute commute, or Crofton/Davidsonville.

I say Bowie for P.G county because It has the best schools in P.G K-8. Also Samuel Ogle Middle School is the Best non-magnet in PGCPS.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I mean Bowie if you are choosing to live in P.G, Montgomery county(excluding Silver Spring, Takoma Park, & Langley Park) Preferably Olney which is only abut a 30 minute commute, or Crofton/Davidsonville.

I say Bowie for P.G county because It has the best schools in P.G K-8. Also Samuel Ogle Middle School is the Best non-magnet in PGCPS.
I'll give you grades 7-8 since Greenbelt MS is such a wreck.

Now, are you asserting that Bowie is a better high school than Roosevelt?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 PM

304 posts, read 713,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
You said living in Bowie would give her better options for schools as opposed to Greenbelt.

Please tell me I misread that.
And what was the misunderstanding? Yes, living in Bowie would give her better schools. Collectively, there are far more higher performing schools in Bowie, than there are in Greenbelt. Her kids are not yet of high school age, so Roosevelt isn't even anything other than a long term consideration. Don't attempt to get into a battle of statistics with me. I follow many, many things in regards to PGCPS and performance, and always Bowie schools rank over most other areas as a whole.

The Greenbelt-Lanham-Seabrook area schools are: Greenbelt ES, Magnolia ES, James McHenry ES, Springhill Lake ES, Catherine T. Reed ES, Greenbelt MS, and Thomas Johnson MS.

The Bowie-area schools are: Heather Hills ES, High Bridge ES, Kenilworth ES, Pointer Ridge ES, Northview ES, Rockledge ES, Tulip Grove ES, Whitehall ES, Yorktown ES, Samuel Ogle MS, and Benjamin Tasker MS. Out of all of the schools in Bowie, the only one which does not exceed every school in the Greenbelt area, is High Bridge Elementary.

So, again, what was the confusion in what I stated???

Old 05-30-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
\So, again, what was the confusion in what I stated???
I read your statement as referring to high schools.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:17 AM

My friend told me that one of his cousins moved who went to Farmount Heights in 9th grade with a 2.0 GPA moved to Greenbelt to go to ERHS and still got a 2.0. This shows that it doesn't matter what school you go to that determines how well your GPA and Test scores are it is the choice of your child to try their hardest or not in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland