Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:00 AM

544 posts, read 1,051,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattpad48 View Post
I like them and I.dont like them. It gets in the way when im rushing or late but makes other people who.are carelssly driving drive slower (:
"I don't like them when I need to drive fast, but I like them when they prevent other people from driving fast"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 06:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,106 times
Default Eliminate them

There is only one sure and final way to get rid of them. You get a binding referendum on the ballot to amend the city laws to require that speeding must be committed in the physical presence of a police officer, just like trespassing. It may take over a year to get it on the ballot and some organization on the part of the people of DC, but until you do, you'll have to live with the cameras.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 AM

7,086 posts, read 9,640,623 times
Court: Md. drivers can't get speed camera fines back

Has no one heard of a petition? Laws can be repealed. The people have to speak up and let the legislature know that they don't want speed cameras anymore. Virginia seems to be successful at it. We need the people from the 60s. They protested everything.

Quote:
"I'm disappointed," said Timothy Leahy, the plaintiffs' attorney. "This means citizens have no right to request their money back through any case."

Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 PM

544 posts, read 1,051,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Has no one heard of a petition? Laws can be repealed.
Lord, I wish. The people of this county are so busy trying to make themselves feel "safe" that they don't care what laws the county passes. They're as pathetic as the British.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,418,848 times
If the anti-Highway Clowns of the 60's put a roadblock againstbuilding a 12 Lane I-270 and I-95 from Montgomery/PG County into Downtown DC then there should be enough people to Force a Petition to BAN Speeding Cameras(and Now Stop Sign Cameras) in Montgomery/PG County.........

But then again the Salvages that Blocked I-270/95 from Maryland to DC were not from the State of Maryland............

Old 08-30-2012, 02:25 PM

169 posts, read 301,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
Lord, I wish. The people of this county are so busy trying to make themselves feel "safe" that they don't care what laws the county passes. They're as pathetic as the British.

I actually don't know what the majority of the citizens of this county want or would stand behind as far as bills, petitions or the like. We don't have the smartest politicians representing us on the state or federal level - look around and that is evident. Most people are wiped out after a 1-2 hr commute to/from work and don't care once they get home. How could anyone get enough people to sign a petition to move forward with actions to remove "robotic" policing from the county.
Take into account it is a huge source of revenue for the county and you are fighting an uphill battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland