Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 08:45 PM

14 posts, read 16,925 times

Advertisements

So I mustve driven up and down University Blvd at 60 MPH, EVERY Saturday for church (Im Adventist) and a few times during the week for shopping over the course of 2 years and I have NEVER ever seen a speed camera or gotten a ticket. I have seen the photo enforced signs on the 40 and 45 mph posted signs but I see no camera and no ticket.

Someone explain. Are the Photo Enforced signs a ploy to get people to slow down?

Another funny thing is you can tell the out of towners from the locals. The locals are speeding by as if they have some unspoken understanding of the "fake camera signs" and yet all out of towners always slow down--EVERYWHERE along University blvd between adelphi and baltimore road.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 05:47 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassieme View Post
Someone explain. Are the Photo Enforced signs a ploy to get people to slow down?
It sounds like a good opportunity for the County to make some money. I lived in Montgomery County and got some nasty tickets, as the cameras there are real.

Actually, I am amazed that you managed to speed up to 60 on University Blvd as there are so many pedestrians and other cars. Why not just assume the cameras are there, and obey the speed limits?

Old 05-11-2014, 06:42 PM

3 posts, read 2,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassieme View Post
So I mustve driven up and down University Blvd at 60 MPH, EVERY Saturday for church (Im Adventist) and a few times during the week for shopping over the course of 2 years and I have NEVER ever seen a speed camera or gotten a ticket. I have seen the photo enforced signs on the 40 and 45 mph posted signs but I see no camera and no ticket.

Another funny thing is you can tell the out of towners from the locals. The locals are speeding by as if they have some unspoken understanding of the "fake camera signs" and yet all out of towners always slow down--EVERYWHERE along University blvd between adelphi and baltimore road.

Do you mean East-West Highway? I am not aware of the any part of University Blvd between Adelphi Rd and Baltimore Rd.
I am also not familiar with Baltimore Road. Do you mean Baltimore Ave (Rt. 1)???

Did you write your message while driving to church?

In any case -- slow down

Old 05-13-2014, 04:11 PM

142 posts, read 249,672 times
I think I know the signs that you are talking about. I really don't think that there are any speed cameras on 193 between this one https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9927...7ei_z988bQ!2e0 and this one https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9965...9-fGUFxF_g!2e0

The first one looks different now but it's still in the same location all sneaky beneath that sign.

I feel like Montgomery County moves their cameras around more than Prince George's does. I'm so attuned to them now that I know when the slightest thing is different. Perhaps they planned to put cameras at the location and they just never did or maybe they were there for a short time and then were moved.

By the way you wouldn't happen to go to RPC or Seabrook would you? Not too many Adventist churches on that road in that direction besides these two.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:38 AM

14 posts, read 16,925 times
Yes I do go to RPC!

We're actually having a concert next Friday! Join us!

Get'n it Right Friday
​Fri. August 26 | 7:30 PM | RPC Parking Lot
https://www.facebook.com/events/1563790990588969/

Old 08-18-2016, 10:13 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
There are speed cameras on RT. 193 University BLVD at the Metzerrott intersection at the West entrance to the UMD campus in College Park. They've been there for a few years now. They are pretty visible. Not sure how you missed them. But I'm betting that you probably had to slow down at that intersection for a light or behind others driving the speed limit. They could be out of operation. But I wouldn't chance it.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:07 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
There are speed cameras on RT. 193 University BLVD at the Metzerrott intersection at the West entrance to the UMD campus in College Park. They've been there for a few years now. They are pretty visible. Not sure how you missed them. But I'm betting that you probably had to slow down at that intersection for a light or behind others driving the speed limit. They could be out of operation. But I wouldn't chance it.
yah and they moved one to adelphi and riggs recently i just noticed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland