Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,565,160 times

Advertisements

Really interesting read definitely shows how people can press on in the face of great challenges.

As Rushern Baker leads Pr. George’s, his wife’s memory fades - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,981,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
Really interesting read definitely shows how people can press on in the face of great challenges.

As Rushern Baker leads Pr. George’s, his wife’s memory fades - The Washington Post
Yeah I read that story the other day. Really amazing. Hats off to him for handling this so well.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,434,145 times
There was much sympathy (and empathy) for him and their children in the comment section. I found his devotion and strength admirable. Dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's is no easy road, and that's an understatement. It's good that he was so open about it, because of his position and the fact that rumors were making the rounds.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 AM

671 posts, read 1,546,185 times
Good human subject story. Dementia is really tragic, especially in the latter stages. I had first-hand experience of this happening to a loved one of mine for several months prior to her death.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:22 AM

13,369 posts, read 27,026,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
There was much sympathy (and empathy) for him and their children in the comment section.
Yeah, I was impressed that people were being sympathetic. I was also shocked at how relatively young Christa Beverly is. At only 52 years old, one should have a lot of living left.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
There was much sympathy (and empathy) for him and their children in the comment section. I found his devotion and strength admirable. Dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's is no easy road, and that's an understatement. It's good that he was so open about it, because of his position and the fact that rumors were making the rounds.

Agreed and it was good to see that. Sometimes we get so caught up in the politics of politics that we don't see that public figures are still human and may be dealing with more than we know. Speaking from experience, it is definiltely difficult caring for a relative that has an incurable condition and having to balance the rest of your life. Hats off to him.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Yeah, I was impressed that people were being sympathetic. I was also shocked at how relatively young Christa Beverly is. At only 52 years old, one should have a lot of living left.
That was probably one of the saddest parts of the story. Based on the timeline it started in her mid-forties which is really young all things considered.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 PM

23 posts, read 23,765 times
Good luck; however u proceed.

Also, I' m not ultra conservative. My primary spectrum isn't left to right.

I simply believe government failure is often worse than the market failures they attempt to correct. I also recognize that from both left and right a lot of power can be created attempting to correct for whatever cause one advocates and corruption tends to run hand in hand on both side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland