Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 PM

671 posts, read 1,545,976 times

Advertisements

Personally, I prefer to be around women that aren't so physically attractive. It is distracting in the workplace and it just creates socially-created liabilities. I guess for all you single fellas it's good, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Nah not even close. I find Latin women very beautiful, in my first post in this thread I pointed out the Latin women in this area are mostly ugly because they come from countries with busted girls like El Salvador and Guatemala instead of the countries/places with hot girls like Cuba, Puerto Rico, Colombia and Brazil. Compare it to Miami, which is majority Latino but is known for having some of the most beautiful women in America.

No one said that the area is a mecca for Hispanic women, but of course this area doesn't have a high number of Hispanic women compared to FL.

You both have spent too much time in this area, I once had standards as low as yours but I later lived in North Carolina and Florida (not South Florida) and the women there are way prettier. Hell, even go to the Power Plant in Baltimore and you'll see better looking women than anywhere in DC. I grew up in Moco and my 10 year hs reunion was last yr, only 10 yrs and out of the 60 or so women there, I'd had soberly done 3, the best looking woman there was probably a 6 in attractiveness.

I didn't see them say the women here are the hottest. And I don't deny that they do (I know a few from NC), but one of those states voted on a constitutional ban on gay marriage and the other is just 10x more humid and flat. I'm not going to deal with that sort of ignorance or that kind of boredom, but if you like it for the women, that's ok.

go to the DC forum and browse 5 or 6 pages and they all have threads relating to the low quality of DC women and I didn't start a single one of those threads! My standards aren't that high, I just like women beautiful enough to be TV or movie stars, not necessarily a Pamela Anderson or Cindy Crawford lookalike. This thread just happens to have the 3 people who think DC area girls are hot because they all for whatever reason live in MoCo, check these threads for further reading:

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...at-do-you.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...-about-dc.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...ite-women.html

SF has a thread of its own about it with a link:
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...nfriendly.html
I hate to generalize but if you are a white or black guy, I don't see why you would have trouble having dates regardless of place. This is coming from someone who grew up in a very collectivist society.

Last edited by rsh56; 08-15-2012 at 10:45 PM..

Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Quote:
Notice how no other city even has this discussion yet it seems to recur at least once a month for DC, go to the DC forum and browse 5 or 6 pages and they all have threads relating to the low quality of DC women and I didn't start a single one of those threads!

Maybe that doesn't meant what you think. Maybe it means there are more pervs here?

Old 08-16-2012, 02:22 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,296,702 times
If you like swarthy ethnic whites, Montgomery County is the place to be. I sure do, my wife was born there. Glad to know I am not alone

Old 08-16-2012, 02:26 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Nah not even close. I find Latin women very beautiful, in my first post in this thread I pointed out the Latin women in this area are mostly ugly because they come from countries with busted girls like El Salvador and Guatemala instead of the countries/places with hot girls like Cuba, Puerto Rico, Colombia and Brazil. Compare it to Miami, which is majority Latino but is known for having some of the most beautiful women in America.

You both have spent too much time in this area, I once had standards as low as yours but I later lived in North Carolina and Florida (not South Florida) and the women there are way prettier. Hell, even go to the Power Plant in Baltimore and you'll see better looking women than anywhere in DC. I grew up in Moco and my 10 year hs reunion was last yr, only 10 yrs and out of the 60 or so women there, I'd had soberly done 3, the best looking woman there was probably a 6 in attractiveness.

Notice how no other city even has this discussion yet it seems to recur at least once a month for DC, go to the DC forum and browse 5 or 6 pages and they all have threads relating to the low quality of DC women and I didn't start a single one of those threads! My standards aren't that high, I just like women beautiful enough to be TV or movie stars, not necessarily a Pamela Anderson or Cindy Crawford lookalike. This thread just happens to have the 3 people who think DC area girls are hot because they all for whatever reason live in MoCo, check these threads for further reading:

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...at-do-you.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...-about-dc.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...ite-women.html
Dude, I've lived in North Carolina and Florida. I never said that the DC area has the hottest women in America nor have I ever said that DC has mostly hot women. I have just said that the DC area has more than enough hot women here. But then again you seem to be leaving large sectors of hot women like Black, Asian, non-anglo white?, and according to you the wrong kind of hispanic. You can go anywhere and find hot women. I wasn't comparing the number of hot women in DC to places that have an inordinate amount of hot women. I said that there are plenty here. Now don't blame me if you have no luck here, I can't help you with your social skills. But I am mad that you brought up Power Plant as having better looking girls than anywhere else in the DC metro area. See when you make a statement like that, I know you are not being serious.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:59 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Dude, I've lived in North Carolina and Florida. I never said that the DC area has the hottest women in America nor have I ever said that DC has mostly hot women. I have just said that the DC area has more than enough hot women here. But then again you seem to be leaving large sectors of hot women like Black, Asian, non-anglo white?, and according to you the wrong kind of hispanic. You can go anywhere and find hot women. I wasn't comparing the number of hot women in DC to places that have an inordinate amount of hot women. I said that there are plenty here. Now don't blame me if you have no luck here, I can't help you with your social skills. But I am mad that you brought up Power Plant as having better looking girls than anywhere else in the DC metro area. See when you make a statement like that, I know you are not being serious.
I don't recall saying I couldn't find women, just that the women in DC are subpar. That's like saying because I complain that a supermarket sucks, I couldn't find bacon. Yea there are pretty girls in any large city but the point is that DC has FAR less. I understand it may have been quite some time since you've had some stank on the old trouser snake but that will skew your perspective as to what is attractive same way a starving man might kill and eat a rat. Please point out to me where you see hot white girls well made up in skimpy clothing like the Power Plant in DC, I'd love to be enlightened. You're slowly coming to agreement with me that DC has worse looking women than those places I mentioned, I really cant think of any major city in America that has worse looking women.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:23 PM

349 posts, read 990,221 times
Bethesda doesn't have a lot of attractive women.

PhenomenalAJ is right, it's mostly frumpy Anglos (the dumpy-Midwesterner type) or busted foreigners. Also, Bethesda isn't all that diverse, I estimate that 75% of the pop. are white Anglos. Unfortunately, this group doesn't dress up and prefers a casual/sporty look, which is why I find them almost without exception ugly.

Quote:
If you like swarthy ethnic whites, Montgomery County is the place to be
Huh? Totally false. The ethnic whites are in Baltimore. MoCo is blonde Anglos.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:05 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post

PhenomenalAJ is right, it's mostly frumpy Anglos (the dumpy-Midwesterner type) or busted foreigners. Also, Bethesda isn't all that diverse, I estimate that 75% of the pop. are white Anglos. Unfortunately, this group doesn't dress up and prefers a casual/sporty look, which is why I find them almost without exception ugly.
Weird, I've never met a Mid-Westerner when I lived in Bethesda. Most of the hottest women I knew there were from Europe, and most of them have either left for school in Europe or remained somewhere in the country/continent. I would not put Bethesda on a top 10 list but that doesn't mean hot women don't exist there. Bethesda is certainly not entirely diverse, its mostly white according to the CD statistics of this site, but every time I'm there, I hear more European languages, French and German (partly due to the int'l schools there) for the most part and maybe Italian. I don't know what your standards are but could you clarify what is wrong with a sporty/casual look on women?

Old 08-17-2012, 07:08 AM

6,999 posts, read 11,296,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post

Huh? Totally false. The ethnic whites are in Baltimore. MoCo is blonde Anglos.
Double Huh?

Montgomery County

In 2000, significant national ethnic groups included people of Irish (8.5%), German (8.1%), English (6.8%) and American (5.0%) ancestry according to Census 2000. The county also has a sizable Jewish population, and is home to an increasing number of affluent Iranian-Americans.

Baltimore County

18.4% were of German, 10.8% Irish, 7.3% English, 7.0% Italian, 6.1% US or American and 5.4% Polish ancestry according to Census 2000.

It also important to remember that Montgomery County has more 1st and 2nd generation immigrants, and are more likely to retain the culture of the old countries and less likely to have parents and grandparents that intermarried with Anglos.

At any rate, I found my swarthy ethnic girl from Montgomery County, that is all I need.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
man y'all have some wild standards. if they prefer casual/sporty looks you find 'em ugly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland