Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

I think they should build tons of affordable housing in Bethesda, let liberal Whites put their ideology to the test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 09:44 AM

795 posts, read 1,268,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think they should build tons of affordable housing in Bethesda, let liberal Whites put their ideology to the test.
Actually, it was already tried... if you had bothered to even research instead of saying spewing your... well, you know were I'm going.

Anyway, poor black people are no more violent than poor white people given the similar circumstances. Already proven.

I honestly wish people would dig a little deeper before pushing the race button.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:06 AM

530 posts, read 1,360,006 times
Quote:
Poor Blacks commit far more violent crime than poor Whites so controlling for income that leaves a racial component. Have a nice day.
I've seen quite a few of your posts and one thing that i've consistently noticed is that you appear to lack the ability to think for yourself. Most of what I have seen is the regurgitation of eurocentric myths (and what's even stranger is that you claim to be black). I can't understand how somebody could be so gullible! It's TOTALLY FINE if you dislike blacks: no craps given!..BUT at least do it within reason, competently and be able to back it up!

Anyways, you also have to control for LOCATION.

If you were to compare the crime rates of poor rural whites to poor rural blacks then it would be similar. Since the FBI and similar organizations take it upon themselves not to include socioeconomic backgrounds in their statistics, let's rationalize at the information that we currently have available to us:

FACT: Mississippi (60% white/37% black) has an almost identical violent crime rate to West Virginia (94% white/3% black); these states were chosen since they have extremely high rates of rural poverty.
Source: Violent Crime Rate (Rank) by State

Note that it's impossible to compare the crime rates of poor urban whites and poor urban blacks since poor urban white areas are extremely rare.

I can't understand how somebody could be so gullible! It's TOTALLY FINE if you dislike blacks: no craps given!..BUT at least do it rationally.

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 11-12-2013 at 06:51 AM..

Old 11-12-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
I've seen quite a few of your posts and one thing that i've consistently noticed is that you appear to lack the ability to think for yourself. Most of what I have seen is the regurgitation of eurocentric myths (and what's even stranger is that you claim to be black). I can't understand how somebody could be so gullible! It's TOTALLY FINE if you dislike blacks: no craps given!..BUT at least do it within reason, competently and be able to back it up!

Anyways, you also have to control for LOCATION.

If you were to compare the crime rates of poor rural whites to poor rural blacks then it would be similar. Since the FBI and similar organizations take it upon themselves not to include socioeconomic backgrounds in their statistics, let's rationalize at the information that we currently have available to us:

FACT: Mississippi (60% white/37% black) has an almost identical violent crime rate to West Virginia (94% white/3% black); these states were chosen since they have extremely high rates of rural poverty.
Source: Violent Crime Rate (Rank) by State

Note that it's impossible to compare the crime rates of poor urban whites and poor urban blacks since poor urban white areas are extremely rare.

I can't understand how somebody could be so gullible! It's TOTALLY FINE if you dislike blacks: no craps given!..BUT at least do it rationally.
West Virginia has a lower crime rate than Mississippi.

State Rankings--Statistical Abstract of the United States--Violent Crime Rate

What point are you trying to make?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
Actually, it was already tried... if you had bothered to even research instead of saying spewing your... well, you know were I'm going.

Anyway, poor black people are no more violent than poor white people given the similar circumstances. Already proven.

I honestly wish people would dig a little deeper before pushing the race button.
It hasn't been proven, show me any academic paper that posits that. I'll wait.

It doesn't even make sense intuitively since by sheer numbers poor Whites outnumber poor Blacks. Yet the violent crime rate of Blacks is at least 6 times that of Whites.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:41 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post

How is he even pushing the race button by adding affordable housing? These kinds of places with affordable housing isn't always great but it is ironic that the very people who vote for it don't want it nearby them.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 AM

530 posts, read 1,360,006 times
Quote:
West Virginia has a lower crime rate than Mississippi.

State Rankings--Statistical Abstract of the United States--Violent Crime Rate

What point are you trying to make?
If you read my post, I specifically said that both states have an "ALMOST IDENTICAL" violent crime rate.

Even if I were to quote your link, it says:
- Mississippi has a violent crime rate of 299/100,000
- W.Virginia has a violent crime rate of 280/100,000

^^ These are very close to each other, given that the range of the states on the link you posted ranged from 116/100,000 to 1,508/100,000.

Again, MY POINT IS THAT if poor rural blacks were so much more predisposed to crime than poor rural whites then the crime rate of Mississippi would be THROUGH THE ROOF- since it has a HUGE black percentage of it's population. Mississippi has the highest percentage of blacks out of any other state in the nation at almost 40%; W.Virginia has is 94% white; but their violent crime rates are near identical.

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 11-12-2013 at 10:15 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 04:56 AM

137 posts, read 268,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Just show us which post, prior to yours in #27, identified race as a component.

I believe you are just one of those persons in a minority group that sees racism in anything that does not go their way. I have worked along side of people like that, and although they were very competent in most of what they did, trouble seemed to follow them everywhere. Anything that happened in their life that they didn't agree with was due to racism. I finally came to the conclusion that these people were racist themselves, against any person outside of their own race.
Below is what he/she posted that triggered my response.

"You clearly have no idea how much crime occurs in poor black neighborhoods or just how much crime inner city black men commit. You probably cant name ten mass shootings committed in middle class white neighborhoods in the past ten years and in that span of time, tens of thousands of people have been murdered in inner city black neighborhoods.

This is not to mention the petty crime you have to constantly deal with or worry about, like your home being broken into, your car being broken into or stolen, being mugged or assaulted or raped, all things which occur at much higher rates in poor black communities than they do even in poor white communities. Poor black people raise crime, bring down school education quality with their disruptive behavior, and all without contributing a whole heck of a lot back to the community. In just about every state in the country, the areas with the most black people have the highest rates of crime and the worst schools. Hell even in Canada the places with the highest crime rates are the areas where the most black people are concentrated together
"

Was race not mentioned on it?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:38 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ1 View Post
Below is what he/she posted that triggered my response.

"You clearly have no idea how much crime occurs in poor black neighborhoods or just how much crime inner city black men commit. You probably cant name ten mass shootings committed in middle class white neighborhoods in the past ten years and in that span of time, tens of thousands of people have been murdered in inner city black neighborhoods.

This is not to mention the petty crime you have to constantly deal with or worry about, like your home being broken into, your car being broken into or stolen, being mugged or assaulted or raped, all things which occur at much higher rates in poor black communities than they do even in poor white communities. Poor black people raise crime, bring down school education quality with their disruptive behavior, and all without contributing a whole heck of a lot back to the community. In just about every state in the country, the areas with the most black people have the highest rates of crime and the worst schools. Hell even in Canada the places with the highest crime rates are the areas where the most black people are concentrated together"

Was race not mentioned on it?
That post was not found anywhere in this thread before your post in #27. I found it in post 31 as a response to your post in 27. You remain the first peron to bring racism into the discussion. Own it!

Old 11-16-2013, 01:59 PM

795 posts, read 1,268,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
How is he even pushing the race button by adding affordable housing? These kinds of places with affordable housing isn't always great but it is ironic that the very people who vote for it don't want it nearby them.
His post was race bating and immature.

That is the problem, NO ONE wants one near! Just because some people vote for it, does not mean an entire neighborhood votes that way... your posts seem to suggest everyone in Bethesda voted for it, but don't want it. But if you are going to have affordable housing, why put it in Bethesda? How much sense would that make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland