Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:42 PM

19 posts, read 81,620 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to either NOVA or Maryland area next spring. I was wondering if anyone can tell me about Waldorf MD. I was looking at a subdivision called Autumn Hills on the Internet. How is the crime rate in Waldorf? What areas are more safer to live in? What areas are more safer to live in? Would we more better off living in Bowie or Upper Marlboro? Any info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 06:54 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,969 times
i live in Upper Marlboro and love it here. We donot have any malls in Upper Marlboro and thats what makes it quiet here. The area is very nice. Bowie is very develope with plenty of shopping so is Waldorf. Waldorf is cheaper then Bowie and Upper marlboro. I would choose Upper Marlboro over both areas.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 AM

311 posts, read 1,386,052 times
Where is Autumn Hills? Any street names? I'm pretty familiar with most of Waldorf, and Autumn Hills rings a bell but I just can't remember where it is. Waldorf is okay. Cheapest of them all that you mentioned. Some people can't take the traffic, most people learn the back roads (not for the faint at heart because of all the winding, twisting roads, and deer popping out unexpectedly). As for crime, there has been one murder in Waldorf for the year 2007, there were, I believe 3 last year. I can't recall a time when it's been over 5 per year.

You really can't be stupid, though, when it comes to crimes like robbery. Just watch your back, don't leave your doors open, shop at the strip malls where you can generally park up close (the strip malls are pretty much better than the St. Charles Mall anyway). If you're going to shop St. Charles, you should either get a close parking space or try to finish your shopping before dark.

Not too sure about the schools, though. They have nice facilities but I just don't know how good or bad they are.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

250 posts, read 1,377,859 times
Waldorf has seen a lot of popularity recently in the north point school district. The available facilities at North Point are excellent, although if you're considering Waldorf, I would also recommend looking at White Plains or La Plata. They're both very close to Waldorf, but the have a more rural, laid back feel to them. It's very easy to find a home with plenty of privacy in an area like White Plains without having to sacrifice commute time to D.C.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 PM

Yeah, I concur. White Plains or LaPlata. Probably White Plains would take less travel time.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:18 PM

19 posts, read 81,620 times
Thanks for all your info. Actually, I don't mine living in a suburb that has a little someone going on. I want to be a short driving distance to shopping, restaurants, entertainment. I'm from NY, but currently live in Fayetteville, NC and let me tell you there is nothing to do in Fayetteville. I've been bored with the shopping since about two weeks after arriving here. The next nearest town that has anything is Raleigh and that is about 70 miles away. The only thing that I will miss about NC is my church. But, I thank God he is everywhere.
Mom21, Autumn Hills is located on Sugarberry St and Sourwood Ave, which is located off of McDaniel Road.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,969 times
I live in Upper Marlboro and I do alot of my shopping in Waldorf because its only 10-15 minutes away. Waldorf do have a lot of shopping,restuarants then Upper Marlboro. I donot mind not having shopping in Upper Marlboro but we really donot need any shooping because its suburban,rural,city. Upper Marlboro is 10-15minutes from both Bowie and Waldorf. I do like Waldorf but I can never live their, the reason for that is because the crimes in Pg county are all moving to Waldorf and the traffic is the worst in Waldorf. I hate the traffic on 301 going towards Waldorf. Bowie property tax would hurt my family pocket. I do like living in Upper Marlboro because I am close to both Bowie and Waldorf. Bowie also have plenty of shopping, restaurants.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Trh:

Okay, now I know why it rings a bell! I've actually been in one of houses. I was picking something up for a relative who lives out of town from a former co-worker. LOVED the house. The person had been living there for a little over a year. I asked her how she liked the neighborhood and she said "I LOVE it". It's a fairly new development. I drove through the neighborhood after leaving her house. To me the lots are a tad small for the price, but like I said, I LOVED her house. Not too cookie-cutter on the inside, which is what I liked. I don't particularly care for some of the surrounding developments (Lancaster, Westlake Village), but I would guess you wouldn't have a problem with crime in Autumn Hills.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:28 PM

10 posts, read 43,751 times
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any input on a community in Waldorf called "Huntington" it is near "Wakefield" Snowbell Court to be exact. It seemed quiet the times we have been there.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:37 PM

250 posts, read 1,377,859 times
Huntington is an older community in Waldorf. The homes are small, but nice. There is an HOA there, I think it's around $30-$40/mo. If you're looking at snowbell ct, there are 2 single family homes available there right now. one is $318k, 3bed/2bath and well maintained. The other is $289.9k, 3bed/2.5bath, and is a foreclosure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland