Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 02:26 PM

544 posts, read 1,047,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
Reiflame, he's just joking around. Don't take him too seriously.
I know, I just can't help myself sometimes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 PM

575 posts, read 554,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
I know, I just can't help myself sometimes!
I'm not joking around. WTF

Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 PM

318 posts, read 762,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You obviously have never smoked pot. If you had you would know that along with the high, there is also a slight feeling of paranoia, that makes a person slow down and be more aware of what is going on around him or her. Compare this to alchohol, which beside making a person "high" tends to make them more careless and less observant.

This paranoia, that according to you, apparently everyone gets while smoking MJ will make those that smoke and drive slow down and more aware of their surroundings? So you are suggesting smoking MJ and driving is a beneficial while driving? Let's rethink that statement.

Why are you comparing a MJ influence to an alcohol influence? No one here is arguing which is "worse". Both shouldn't occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Making drugs legal simply makes it easier for people who have problems w/ substance abuse to get help.
That made absolutely no sense.

Quote:
Our family doctor had committed to helping my ex get off of the prescription. Because the drug was legal, there is apparently a method for reducing the dosage gradually, and doctors are trained in managing the withdrawal.
Yes, this can be done, but not because the drug is legal, which leads to your next misguided comment.

Quote:
People addicted to heroin, cocaine etc should be able to access similar help.
They do. Google Methadone. There are plenty of other controlled substances out there to assist those wishing and willing to recover from a substance addiction. Are you familiar with the different FDA drug schedules? Do some research on the topic.

Quote:
The rest of your arguments are nonsensical. Why don't the majority of people drink themselves into a stupor every night, or smoke 3 packs daily? Not everyone requires government regulation to make healthy choices in life.
What does this have to do with anything I have said? I have never stated my personal opinion on MJ legalization or goverment regulation on these forums. I have simply given some things for people to think about and replying to those who have replied to my posts.

Quote:
Good, since driving under the influence is already illegal.
........Umm, yes....... as I have explained quite thoroughly to the other poster........

Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
Don't question my intelligence. You're a pothead and therefore, you are beneath me in all aspects of life.
Believe that if you want. Haven't even been around pot for over thirty years. Your being better than anyone in any aspect is only your opinion, and not too many people would agree. On that I will question your intelligence! I am allowed to here as much as you are. So There!

I suppose you would see movies or not see movies based on reviews by people who have never seen them? If you had owned up to having smoked pot in the past and were dead set against it, I would be the first to give you credit. But instead, you prefer to sermonize from ignorance.

Quote:

Instead of answering my question, you change the topic in order to attack me while deflecting attention from the fact you find nothing wrong with a person driving or operating machinery while high.
I answered that fallacy in post #121. You're still having reading comprehension issues, I see.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs_bg View Post
This paranoia, that according to you, apparently everyone gets while smoking MJ will make those that smoke and drive slow down and more aware of their surroundings? So you are suggesting smoking MJ and driving is a beneficial while driving? Let's rethink that statement.

Why are you comparing a MJ influence to an alcohol influence? No one here is arguing which is "worse". Both shouldn't occur.
Another one with poor reading comprehension. I wonder if smoking a joint would help them? In the meantime read post 121 again.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Believe that if you want. Haven't even been around pot for over thirty years. Your being better than anyone in any aspect is only your opinion, and not too many people would agree. On that I will question your intelligence! I am allowed to here as much as you are. So There!

I suppose you would see movies or not see movies based on reviews by people who have never seen them? If you had owned up to having smoked pot in the past and were dead set against it, I would be the first to give you credit. But instead, you prefer to sermonize from ignorance.

I answered that fallacy in post #121. You're still having reading comprehension issues, I see.
1. No because it costs to much to go to the movies anyway.

2. I don't have reading comprehension issues and pot doesn't help with that stuff. Education and going to school does. Maybe if you weren't slacking off in school and actually paid attention, you wouldn't have tried drugs when you were young.

3. I can make my own opinions w/o the help of others. I've looked at both sides and this is my opinion. Yes some of you may say it's "antiquated", but it's MY opinion and it seems like alot of you have a problem with that. You all need to get over yourselves and take a hard look at yourself while you're at it.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM

200 posts, read 293,139 times
This is quite possibly the wildest thread on here. I am taken aback by the numbers of people knowledgeable in terminology about the commerce of weed. It is actually less expensive when not sold in the medical shops and quality isn't that much better unless you know of growers who know the true science. Someone even mentioned a vaporizer

I love all of the opinions for and against legalization/decriminalization of weed.

The USA funds most of the global war on drugs. How many countries do we fund for some reason or another? How many of those countries are supposed to staff some modicum of their nation's version of the DEA?
If the war on drugs was so successful I wouldn't be able to get any drugs in the amount of places I could. I don't know of them off hand but I could have a running list in a week.
I know of too many people in every age group, working in various capacities at any level who smoke weed to really think the war is effective. I don't trust a politician under 70 who claims not to have have at least tried weed. Our sitting president said he did all the time in his youth. Just before he became a senator?

InvaderBryce....Damn, the president is a pothead!!

I have smoked weed with cops in uniform, people who are way up in the government, doctors, teachers...you name it. They all go to work everyday and earn a good living. You wouldn't believe how many people in the government smoke pot on a daily basis. Is it any different than going to a "Speakeasy" during prohibition? No. We all know what happened when the XXI amendment was ratified, correct?

Something I find hilarious are the words use and abuse. If I drink a beer am I using or abusing? I can't drink so one is abuse for me.
How about weed? It helps me with a seizure condition I endure. Am I using or abusing and who is the referee? My doc says it's OK.

Someone on here who is better than most claims his college roommate was toking up and an RA caught him while the two of them were in the room. If you even attempt to claim prior ignorance of the fact the roommate smoked you are no better than any of us. If you were in the room while he was toking up you were an accessory before, during and after the fact. You were, in fact, an accomplice and probably smoking yourself.

There are too many misconceptions about marijuana. It has been around longer than alcohol brewed or distilled specifically for human consumption and most certainly longer than most, but not all, substances derived from plant matter to treat maladies. Why? It is a naturally growing plant and really no different than herbs in your garden in that respect.

Anyone drink coffee, tea or any other caffeinated beverages? Take aspirin, advil, tylenol, or prescription meds? Smoke cigs? How about those energy drinks that are supposed to pep you up? If you do any of the above you are under the influence of something. Most of us know it and will admit it. Sugar is a stimulant.

I know for certain how to get rid of hiccups. Smoke some weed; it relaxes your diaphragm which stops hiccups. Yep, you read it here. Try it.

I don't believe I read the phrase " **** yourself with a bong" in this thread. That gem came from the one better than the rest of us.

It will be legalized within this decade. Ever hear of holistic medicine?

Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 PM

200 posts, read 293,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
I am against the legalization of pot. It's a drug and it serves no good in my opinion.

At the very least I'd accept it being legalized for medical usage, however, there'd need to be strict regulations on who gets to use it, how it's dispensed and how it's regulated. In CA, practically ANYONE can get a prescription to smoke. That isn't right at all; but to some of you hey, that's okay.

This is why this needs to be a STATE issue and not a federal one and the idiots who claim the federal government can somehow turn a profit from it's legalization have not done the math.

I await the potheads to bash me for my views with their generic insults/talking points.

Define "Pothead".

Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoreater View Post
This is quite possibly the wildest thread on here. I am taken aback by the numbers of people knowledgeable in terminology about the commerce of weed. It is actually less expensive when not sold in the medical shops and quality isn't that much better unless you know of growers who know the true science. Someone even mentioned a vaporizer

I love all of the opinions for and against legalization/decriminalization of weed.

The USA funds most of the global war on drugs. How many countries do we fund for some reason or another? How many of those countries are supposed to staff some modicum of their nation's version of the DEA?
If the war on drugs was so successful I wouldn't be able to get any drugs in the amount of places I could. I don't know of them off hand but I could have a running list in a week.
I know of too many people in every age group, working in various capacities at any level who smoke weed to really think the war is effective. I don't trust a politician under 70 who claims not to have have at least tried weed. Our sitting president said he did all the time in his youth. Just before he became a senator?

InvaderBryce....Damn, the president is a pothead!!

I have smoked weed with cops in uniform, people who are way up in the government, doctors, teachers...you name it. They all go to work everyday and earn a good living. You wouldn't believe how many people in the government smoke pot on a daily basis. Is it any different than going to a "Speakeasy" during prohibition? No. We all know what happened when the XXI amendment was ratified, correct?

Something I find hilarious are the words use and abuse. If I drink a beer am I using or abusing? I can't drink so one is abuse for me.
How about weed? It helps me with a seizure condition I endure. Am I using or abusing and who is the referee? My doc says it's OK.

Someone on here who is better than most claims his college roommate was toking up and an RA caught him while the two of them were in the room. If you even attempt to claim prior ignorance of the fact the roommate smoked you are no better than any of us. If you were in the room while he was toking up you were an accessory before, during and after the fact. You were, in fact, an accomplice and probably smoking yourself.

There are too many misconceptions about marijuana. It has been around longer than alcohol brewed or distilled specifically for human consumption and most certainly longer than most, but not all, substances derived from plant matter to treat maladies. Why? It is a naturally growing plant and really no different than herbs in your garden in that respect.

Anyone drink coffee, tea or any other caffeinated beverages? Take aspirin, advil, tylenol, or prescription meds? Smoke cigs? How about those energy drinks that are supposed to pep you up? If you do any of the above you are under the influence of something. Most of us know it and will admit it. Sugar is a stimulant.

I know for certain how to get rid of hiccups. Smoke some weed; it relaxes your diaphragm which stops hiccups. Yep, you read it here. Try it.

I don't believe I read the phrase " **** yourself with a bong" in this thread. That gem came from the one better than the rest of us.

It will be legalized within this decade. Ever hear of holistic medicine?
I wasn't smoking pot because unlike his ghetto, degenerate self, I was educated by the great folk at D.A.R.E. And if you must know, I was asleep during this whole fiasco. The police came and knocked on the damn door at 3 AM and woke me the hell up.

BTW, I don't buy your "everybody is doing it...." argument, well fallacy, I should say. I call BS, because smoking marijuana is a felony and against the law. Now, it may be legal over in Ultra PC World and Liberal Land on the Left Coast and mind you, they're blatantly going against the wishes of the Federal Government and so is anybody in those states wish chooses to smoke a joint, but here in the great state of Maryland, it's illegal and it will remain so for the foreseeble future.

Legalizing drugs offers no tangible benefits except for the criminals and illegals which you yourself seem to dispise with a passion. If you enjoy the drug cartels chopping off heads, then we should legalize pot, because the War on Drugs, is the ONLY thing that's keeping them from doing that here. Do you and your pot head friends honestly think that ending this war and legalizing it will reduce crime?

Are you folk that naive or have the years of smoking pot and shooting up crack made you dumber than you already are?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoreater View Post
Define "Pothead".
Anybody who smokes pot or supports it's legalization. That means 90 year old grandmothers and kids with Leukemia or some other disease who smoke it to "relieve the pain" are pot heads as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland