Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 06:48 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,516,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
Furthermore, the Feds can definitely control weed.
How Big Is The Marijuana Market? - CNBC

If the feds could control it, why would there be a marketplace in the range of $100b for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 PM

575 posts, read 554,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
You continue to make this personal, and I don't understand why. If you can't hack it in the debate, duck out.

So how did your roommate get his weed? How do your classmates get theirs?

Ignorance of a problem does not make it go away.
1. I'm not making anything personal;that is everybody else (including you) in this thread who's attacked me personally. Furthermore, I don't duck out of debates as I'm not a *****. I know wth I'm talking about and I don't need the likes of YOU or anybody else questioning my knowledge.

2. They probably grew that **** or got if from some drug addict; either way I don't care. I just want these drug addicts/pot heads/idiots thrown in jail because they are putting drugs into the community and breaking FEDERAL LAW. And no matter what you say, state law doesn't trump FEDERAL LAW in a situation such as this; even if a state legalizes drugs.

3. The only ignorant people are the ones who support the legalization of pot and other drugs. They are part of the problem and they know not of what they speak. All they speak is regurgitated talking points they've found on some stoner forum.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
How Big Is The Marijuana Market? - CNBC

If the feds could control it, why would there be a marketplace in the range of $100b for it?
The feds can control it regardless of the grossly over hyped market place. BTW, just remember that no matter what you say, the government can tax that drug all it wants and it still wouldn't turn a profit from it.

But I'll let you guys continue to wallow in your own ignorance on the economics behind marijuana legalization.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
1. I'm not making anything personal;that is everybody else (including you) in this thread who's attacked me personally. Furthermore, I don't duck out of debates as I'm not a *****. I know wth I'm talking about and I don't need the likes of YOU or anybody else questioning my knowledge.

Your knowledge appears to be rooted in, "I believe it so it must be so," or "somebody told me." However in debate, you must prove it. Name calling (pothead, drug-user, etc, are ones you've winged at me - both untrue, BTW) is not proof. I haven't attacked you personally, and while I haven't studied every post, it appears that you started a thread with an opinion, backed it up with literally no evidence, and then got mad when people thought otherwise. I'm not questioning your knowledge, because you haven't presented any proof thereof.

2. They probably grew that **** or got if from some drug addict; either way I don't care. I just want these drug addicts/pot heads/idiots thrown in jail because they are putting drugs into the community and breaking FEDERAL LAW. And no matter what you say, state law doesn't trump FEDERAL LAW in a situation such as this; even if a state legalizes drugs.

OK, well I'm sorry for taking my original tone, because it's clear you are very naive about marijuana. Most people (I'd venture to say 97%) don't grow it themselves. It's not the sort of thing you can just grow in the garden (cops aren't keen on that really). It's not like a tomato plant where the fruit is ready-to-eat; its harvesting labor intensive. Most people buy it from someone else.

The point is that your "throw everyone in jail" idea has been tired for approximately 40 years and has been found to be largely ineffective at controlling either supply or demand. There are hundreds of studies that say the same; check it out for yourself sometime.

As far as the federal law trumping state law, we'll see how it plays in WA and CO. I think where the trouble will be is in the distribution and taxation; the feds really can't say anything about possession of small quantities, and don't in the dozen or so states that have decriminalized marijuana to the point of it being quasi-legal. I'm confident however the US gov is tired of pissing money away on this and will find a way to work with states.

3. The only ignorant people are the ones who support the legalization of pot and other drugs. They are part of the problem and they know not of what they speak. All they speak is regurgitated talking points they've found on some stoner forum.
How can you expect anyone to respect your position if you are calling people "ignorant" or other names? If you're playing baseball against another team, and you want to beat them, you've got to step up to the plate - not insult the pitcher's mother.

If legalization is such an extreme position to take, how come majorities in two occasionally red states voted to legalize?

I suggest you do your own research on this. I get the feeling you've been told something for very long by perhaps a well-intentioned family member and have not bothered to do your own research. You will find plenty of studies, news articles, etc from "stoner forums" such as the NY Times and top universities.

I thought you wanted a debate here, but it seems you just wanted to rant, then pout.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 PM

Speaking of facts, good summary of the important stats in today's Sun:
Election Day message: The nonsense of marijuana busts - baltimoresun.com

Old 11-10-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
How can you expect anyone to respect your position if you are calling people "ignorant" or other names? If you're playing baseball against another team, and you want to beat them, you've got to step up to the plate - not insult the pitcher's mother.

If legalization is such an extreme position to take, how come majorities in two occasionally red states voted to legalize?

I suggest you do your own research on this. I get the feeling you've been told something for very long by perhaps a well-intentioned family member and have not bothered to do your own research. You will find plenty of studies, news articles, etc from "stoner forums" such as the NY Times and top universities.

I thought you wanted a debate here, but it seems you just wanted to rant, then pout.
1. You really don't know what you're talking about. I presented facts and backed them up; facts which prove I'm right and you're not. I'm not naive and I don't appreciate you demeaning me or my intellectual capacity in order to get some personal shots in.

2. I took DARE and I know what the hell I'm talking about and it's obvious that you all don't; or you simply failed DARE. I for one got an A+ in it so that alone validates me as a person knowledgeable about the facts and all drugs.

3. Only one person has given a coherent albeit, weak argument for why we should legalize this drug. The rest of you simply are repeating talking points and sourcing information from biased websites.

4. I'm convinced that all of you supporting this drug believe in the stupid theory that the prison system is somehow racist or harder on drug offenders, which is not true.

5. If you don't support the War on Drugs then you're not a real American and you hate this country. If we stop then the Mexicans, Columbians and the other drug folk will take over our streets and the cartels will come over here and ruin us. You think this country sucks now, end the war on drugs and you'll see us turn into DC during the early 1990s; a haven for drugs, crime and poverty (I used the slippery-slope argument b/c it has merit in this situation).

Now, I suggest you all come correct with some facts and not biased opinions.

Last edited by InvaderBryce; 11-10-2012 at 08:21 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,883,823 times
Quote:
1. You really don't know what you're talking about. I presented facts and backed them up; facts which prove I'm right and you're not. I'm not naive and I don't appreciate you demeaning me or my intellectual capacity in order to get some personal shots in.

2. I took DARE and I know what the hell I'm talking about and it's obvious that you all don't; or you simply failed DARE. I for one got an A+ in it so that alone validates me as a person knowledgeable about the facts and all drugs.

3. Only one person has given a coherent albeit, weak argument for why we should legalize this drug. The rest of you simply are repeating talking points and sourcing information from biased websites.

4. I'm convinced that all of you supporting this drug believe in the stupid theory that the prison system is somehow racist or harder on drug offenders, which is not true.

5. If you don't support the War on Drugs then you're not a real American and you hate this country. If we stop then the Mexicans, Columbians and the other drug folk will take over our streets and the cartels will come over here and ruin us. You think this country sucks now, end the war on drugs and you'll see us turn into DC during the early 1990s; a haven for drugs, crime and poverty (I used the slippery-slope argument b/c it has merit in this situation).

Now, I suggest you all come correct with some facts and not biased opinions.
I can't stop laughing.

I love InvaderBryce, he's the gift that keeps on giving. Trying so hard to be serious in his posts. Please keep it up, you're making my night.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
I'm not bothering to go through 4 pages of this BS so I'll just ask: what is your position on medical marijuana Bryce?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 AM

544 posts, read 1,047,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I'm not bothering to go through 4 pages of this BS so I'll just ask: what is your position on medical marijuana Bryce?
Dude you mentioned marijuana so you are obviously a loser pothead and InvaderBryce is better than you.

I think I just summed up the last 4 pages for you as well.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:47 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Quote:
Governor O'Malley has stated that he will not sign any legislation that allows for the usage of marijuana as long as he is Governor. Furthermore, during the last session, the House of Delegates voted down a provision which'd legalize marijuana in the state.

It is worth noting that a similar bill is expected to come up during this session in the House so fear no, you guys still have a shot.

But for all intensive purposes, it looks as if Maryland will not be legalizing weed anytime soon (thank god). I guess they realized that I was right (because I'm right 100% of the time) and they also did there research on the issue and came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be alright to legalize weed.

Remember, Federal Law trumps State Law and even though they legalized it, it still would be against the rules.
At any rate, I didn't vote for O'Malley. I think it is strange that he refuses to legalize marijuana, but supported gay marriage and gambling. Since I think it would reduce the rates of violent crime, I wonder what his reasoning is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland