Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:21 PM

304 posts, read 713,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
When did you go? They have remolded it a few years ago. While the food is not stellar, there are few BBQ places around. I know I love Red Hot & Blue's ribs. Urban BBQ in Hillandale is a tad expensive. Then there is Hard Times Cafe. Hmmmm. I would like to try Kloby's Smokehouse in Laurel. Has anyone tried it before? Maybe there's not a rib shortage after all.
This was within the last year. There is a rib house literally yards away (non-franchise) in Laurel, and their food was noticeably better than Dave's, and it was cheaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 06:24 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
^^^ But who are YOU to be dismissive of other peoples comments and feelings because YOU don't have a problem with it??? I'm not understanding this entitlement that you think you have at times. Just because you may be narrow-minded or nonchalant about comments and motives that are hurtful to others, doesn't mean that you have the right to visit your feelings on everyone else and to think that everyone MUST subscribe to them.

I really don't understand your rationale. You state, "People didn't seem to have an issue with them prior to the CEO coming out with his comments." Well, for what other reason would a person have to find fault in something??? His comments are justifiably something that could turn someone off, so I'm not understanding what you mean. Again, for the sake of argument, if the CEO of CFA make overly slanderous and racists claims against black people, do you feel that black people should still be faithfully eating at CFA because they didn't have a problem with it before??? Seriously?

And what's "biased" about anything going on in here? Perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with what the term "bias" means. To be biased means you are partial or are strongly inclined to favor something in particular, which automatically skews your judgement and feelings towards it. A bias would a situation like Apple vs. Android. An Apple fan who praises everything Apple does and gives them a mile for every inch and easily overlooks any negatives; whereas on the converse they are always looking for faults in Android, they refuse to give the platform a chance, and they always have something negative to say. Another example would be a Ford fan. They never find fault in Ford and love everything about it, but they slam any and everything Honda does, despite the fact that Honda does produce good vehicles. That's what bias is. What evidence of bias has been presented in this thread???
You clearly didn't understand a word I said. I know what bias means. I didn't say that people couldn't be upset about what he said, I said that I didn't hear the complaints about the FOOD before his comments.

If this was any other restaurant, people would be celebrating the fact that more jobs are coming to the area, but because this is not a very popular establishment these days, it just seems like it's easily a punching bag. I personally don't care if people like the food or not, but I doubt people would complain about the food or have this much negative to say if it was any other restaurant.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:29 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,407 times
Nah, I've always thought Chickfila is kinda crappy. Some people are just a wee bit paranoid, yes?

Old 03-11-2013, 10:06 AM

1,261 posts, read 693,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
How is Chick-Fil-A's past checkered?
That gay marriage thing.....give me a break

Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM

1,261 posts, read 693,708 times
Its garbage....Famous Daves was better food....

Sorry PG,

Old 03-11-2013, 06:38 PM

207 posts, read 432,408 times
The market should decide what restaurants are desirable, not owner's personal views. I know some people boycott Whole Foods for the owner being libertarian, to each their own. Another Chick-Fil-A opening is hardly a controversy, or newsworthy....no more so than McDonalds opening.

With that said, I have never understood for the life of me why people in the DC area are so obsessed with Chick-Fil-A, I have never been to another region where it is more highly acclaimed, it happened overnight about within the last decade. My friends seem to default Chick-Fil-A as their go to fast food joint. Their chicken is rather bland tasting to me. I would rather get some real Southern soul food at a mom and pop place in DC when I have the choice.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,567,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGC Native View Post
The market should decide what restaurants are desirable, not owner's personal views. I know some people boycott Whole Foods for the owner being libertarian, to each their own. Another Chick-Fil-A opening is hardly a controversy, or newsworthy....no more so than McDonalds opening.

With that said, I have never understood for the life of me why people in the DC area are so obsessed with Chick-Fil-A, I have never been to another region where it is more highly acclaimed, it happened overnight about within the last decade. My friends seem to default Chick-Fil-A as their go to fast food joint. Their chicken is rather bland tasting to me. I would rather get some real Southern soul food at a mom and pop place in DC when I have the choice.

I have no problem with it. I just don't like the fact that they want to build a drive-through. There are plenty empty retail spaces around the mall they could take instead of creating new traffic patterns.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
That gay marriage thing.....give me a break
Umm we know that, but that doesn't mean calling it checkered is a fact. You say the sky is purple, I say it's blue.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 PM

631 posts, read 1,396,004 times
CFA is pretty decent, I will eat there over McD's BK, and Wendys when it comes to fast food. I know this may sound "stupid" but look at the demographics of PG Plaza. You have UTC across the street which houses university students, not to mention numerous apartments around the area. That is a younger population that would love to have that establishment over there. You have to realize CFA is not that plentiful in PG County Laurel-3, Bowie-2, Largo-1, Capital Heights-1, Forestville (newest one)-1. You cant really count UMD as it is in the Student Center.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,210,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post
CFA is pretty decent, I will eat there over McD's BK, and Wendys when it comes to fast food. I know this may sound "stupid" but look at the demographics of PG Plaza. You have UTC across the street which houses university students, not to mention numerous apartments around the area. That is a younger population that would love to have that establishment over there. You have to realize CFA is not that plentiful in PG County Laurel-3, Bowie-2, Largo-1, Capital Heights-1, Forestville (newest one)-1. You cant really count UMD as it is in the Student Center.
We also have one in Brandywine too. And if my mother's real estate business continues to boom the way it is for her, we might even see a CFA in Clinton as well were the old Arby's used to be off of Route 5 where the Walmart and Lowe's are. She's interested in making it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland