U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,488 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking for a decently priced condo for my family (consisting of myself, my mother, and my brother) near the Rockville area, since our relatives are mostly located in the Rockville/Potomac/Gaithersburg part of Maryland (we currently live in Ellicott City, MD, which is around Baltimore/Inner Harbor). What's happening is that we're planning on selling our house (fully paid off, on the market for sale for $530,000) and buying a cheaper and smaller condo that we can also fully pay off immediately with what we receive for selling our current house, since our family went from 4 members to 3 after my father passed away last year. We're looking for a condo with a range within $250,000-$400,000 (but preferably within the cheaper area of the range) and low condo fee, since income for our family has drastically decreased after my the death of my father, who was the sole income provider for the family when he was around. The condo also has to be at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (only 1 of the two having to be a full bathroom).

I was told King Farm had decently priced condos in a relatively safe area, but I'm doubting the "decently priced" part, judging by the condo fee and property tax. I'm really new to home-buying since I'm only 21 and haven't moved since 1999 into our current house right now so I'd appreciate any advice - what's a reasonable condo fee to pay monthly and where are some nice condos that I could look into with 3BR+2Bath in a safe area (safety is a MUST because my mother is a tiny 5'3" Asian woman who's living by herself at the moment since my brother and I are away for college)?

Thanks a bunch!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,452 times
Please check your private messages.

Thanks,
Gary

Old 03-25-2013, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 744 times
My husband and I are selling our condo in Rockville. It is near Shady Grove Hospital, a nice area. This is the link
15303 Diamond Cove Ter #8-d Rockville MD - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #MC8037280 - Realtor.comĀ®

Yelena

Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 PM

84 posts, read 359,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taemisung View Post
Hello,

I'm looking for a decently priced condo for my family (consisting of myself, my mother, and my brother) near the Rockville area, since our relatives are mostly located in the Rockville/Potomac/Gaithersburg part of Maryland (we currently live in Ellicott City, MD, which is around Baltimore/Inner Harbor). What's happening is that we're planning on selling our house (fully paid off, on the market for sale for $530,000) and buying a cheaper and smaller condo that we can also fully pay off immediately with what we receive for selling our current house, since our family went from 4 members to 3 after my father passed away last year. We're looking for a condo with a range within $250,000-$400,000 (but preferably within the cheaper area of the range) and low condo fee, since income for our family has drastically decreased after my the death of my father, who was the sole income provider for the family when he was around. The condo also has to be at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (only 1 of the two having to be a full bathroom).

I was told King Farm had decently priced condos in a relatively safe area, but I'm doubting the "decently priced" part, judging by the condo fee and property tax. I'm really new to home-buying since I'm only 21 and haven't moved since 1999 into our current house right now so I'd appreciate any advice - what's a reasonable condo fee to pay monthly and where are some nice condos that I could look into with 3BR+2Bath in a safe area (safety is a MUST because my mother is a tiny 5'3" Asian woman who's living by herself at the moment since my brother and I are away for college)?

Thanks a bunch!!
I would highly recommend Key West Condo near Decoverly and Washingtonian Center area. Monthly fee for a 2BR is about 305. It's probably a little higher if you purchase a 3BR condo.

KEY WEST Condos For Sale | Rockville Condominiums | Rockville Real Estate

It is a very safe neighborhood. Friendly towards dogs, kids, and elderly. It's also close to Washingtonian Center since the roads are being built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>