Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
it was under stocked, disorganized and dirty and this was on multiple ocassions.
Usually this happens when there are future plans to either close the location, or rebuild. No reason to impress customers if you're leaving eventually. Although I think you should try to keep your customer base happy at all times. Our Safeway here in Adelphi was in a long decline before it finally closed. Now we're getting a new one at UTC in Hyattsville. A few years behind schedule, but a new one nevertheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,566,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Well I guess there is a difference of opinions. I think both the Giant and Safeway are very complacent, which I agree is common for the region, but the Oxon Hill Safeway, in my opinion, runs circles around the Fort Washington one. In the times that I have gone to the Fort Washington one, it was under stocked, disorganized and dirty and this was on multiple ocassions. Anyone living in National Harbor would be better served going across the water. The Safeway off of GW Pkwy is actually the closest grocery store by driving distance anyway.
Yeah our opinions do differ because the feelings that you have about the Fort Washington location is how I felt about Oxon Hill's location. I think that FW Safeway improved a lot after their renovation a few years back. The only time I had an issue with stock was after the weekend rush. I agree that most of the store options in the area(which are mostly Safeway or Giant) are mediocre and better options exist in other parts of the metro area.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 806 times
I have heard that the schools are not so great near national harbor, also that the crime/break-in rate is higher there. You just get so much more for your money over there in terms of house size and proximity to DC... wondering if things will improve in the next 10 years.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:38 PM

4,401 posts, read 4,295,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle123 View Post
I have heard that the schools are not so great near national harbor, also that the crime/break-in rate is higher there. You just get so much more for your money over there in terms of house size and proximity to DC... wondering if things will improve in the next 10 years.
Any crime stats for National Harbor aren't going to be completely accurate. It often includes the surrounding area Oxon Hill which has a higher crime rate. It's no more dangerous then Alexandria. Should note Alexandria has some iffy schools and a few not great areas to.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:37 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Any crime stats for National Harbor aren't going to be completely accurate. It often includes the surrounding area Oxon Hill which has a higher crime rate. It's no more dangerous then Alexandria. Should note Alexandria has some iffy schools and a few not great areas to.
I believe you responded to a fake news troll. That's his first post on this site. I'm always wary of people who don't include some form of relevant data. According to this heat map, Old Town has way more incidents of crime. And this makes sense because Old Town is larger and denser than National Harbor and it's surrounding neighborhoods.

Last edited by Yac; 12-07-2020 at 01:29 AM..

Old 03-13-2018, 09:24 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,132 posts, read 7,572,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I believe you responded to a fake news troll. That's his first post on this site. I'm always wary of people who don't include some form of relevant data. According to this heat map, Old Town has way more incidents of crime. And this makes sense because Old Town is larger and denser than National Harbor and it's surrounding neighborhoods.
National Harbor is probably the safest place I've felt in PG County and one of the safest in the DMV.

Last edited by Yac; 12-07-2020 at 01:29 AM..

Old 03-18-2018, 03:52 AM

147 posts, read 156,080 times
Sorry, I do not feel the Vegas/Disney from National Harbor. Personally, I would rather live in the Las Vegas suburbs then PG County, Charles County, Alexandria, Montgomery, Anne Arundal or Baltimore. Crime is bad in many areas, but the outside of the National harbor is unattractive and unappealing. I would never want to live there, but it is my opinion. I could care less about Maryland and the DMV area anymore. Anyway, I still think its is good that many people enjoy it, even if I'm not into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland