Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,699 times

Advertisements

I am a young professional who right now lives and works in Frederick, but I am looking to relocate to Gaithersburg sometime this mid-to-late May in order to be closer to family and friends in DC and NOVA. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment with a monthly rent of around $1100 (I would like to be below $1100, and the highest I'm thinking of going is no more than $1150). From my research so far, looks like I would find housing for those prices in Old Gaithersburg. I have also heard to avoid being right near the mall (Lakeforest Mall I'm assuming).

I have been doing some research online, and here are places that I found fit my price range. Please let me know if there are any major concerns with any of these places (e.g. unsafe area, terrible apartment management, poor quality apartments, etc.). Please let me know any thoughts you may have or post any suggestions at other places I should consider looking. Also if anyone could tell me if the ratings for each of these apartments on Apartment Ratings is accurate or not would be very helpful.

eaves Gaithersburg
750 Clopper Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Gaithersburg Apartments in Montgomery County | eaves Gaithersburg
Eaves Gaithersburg Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Mill Creek Garden Apartments
17654 Amity Dr
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Couldn't find a website
Mill Creek Gardens Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Brighton Village
345 West Side Dr
Gaithersburg MD 20878
Apartments in Gaithersburg MD | Brighton Village Apartments Gaithersburg MD
Brighton Village Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Streamside Apartments
340 N Summit Ave #4
Gaithersburg MD 20877
Couldn't find a website
Streamside Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Londonderry
17041 Downing Street
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Couldn't fnid a website
Londonderry Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Jefferson at Orchard Pond
925 Clopper Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Apartments in Gaithersburg MD | Jefferson at Orchard Pond Apartments
Orchard Pond Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

The Point at Watkins Mill
180 Watkins Station Circle
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Pantzer Properties ? The Point at Watkins Mill Apartments, Gaithersburg
The Point at Watkins Mill Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Cedar Court (There might be rent specials on this one)
108 Olde Towne Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Cedar Court
Cedar Court Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Cider Mill Apartments
18205 Lost Knife Circle
Montgomery Village, MD 20886
Montgomery Village Area Apartments for Rent | Cider Mill Apartments
Cider Mill Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Montgomery Club Apartments
17101 Queen Victoria Court #102
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Montgomery Club Apartments, Gaithersburg Maryland
Montgomery Club Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Highland Square Apartments
17 Barkley Lane
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Luxury Apartments in Gaithersburg, MD For Rent at Highland Square
Highland Square Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Gaithersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Please feel free to provide any comments on the places I have listed out or provide any suggestions. I want to make sure I am thorough in my search. Thanks for any feedback!

Last edited by TP2040; 04-05-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 PM

62 posts, read 188,926 times
I'll be honest with you. I look at the addresses and I cringe. Why do I cringe? Because I grew up in Gaithersburg and know the areas well.

I used to live at the Eaves (just before it became the Eaves). Looking at the reviews it appears not much has changed. When I lived there, there was gunfire into apartments, I had prostitutes as neighbors, there was a rape. Good people lived there as well but that does get overshadowed by the filth. Wouldn't recommend. And when they did the remodeling the roaches came out in full force.

Londonderry. They need to tear that whole place down. Londonderry was always one of the worst places to live in Gaithersburg.

Would not live around Amity. Amity was always known for being unsafe. Had a number of friends who lived around there.

Brighton Village...I knew a guy and his wife who were from Detroit and moved out of there because they felt uncomfortable. But his wife was very attractive...Maybe as a single guy it would be different.

I will not comment on the other apartments since I don't know anyone who has lived in them. I don't know where you're from but some people might not have issues with where these apartments are located.

You have described yourself as a professional which makes me think you would be uncomfortable and feel out of place living at most of the apartments you've selected. Personally, I found Germantown to be much quieter and had more professionals..still mixed in with some undesirables but much better than Gaithersburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland