Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 11:40 PM

631 posts, read 1,396,352 times

Advertisements

Last Friday I was at Bowie Town Center with my frat brother, I remember why I dont go there at night... numerous cars blasting Wiz Khalifa, Go-Go, guys walking with no shirts on underwear showing, and loud ratchet chicks screaming the ever so popular phrase "GURRRLA" (i had to laugh)...

Not to mention most of my clients on probation, were out there... They spoke and chatted with me... Guess I could say they were contacts for the week LOL

But I did see Torrid coming there, next to the Teavana Store.

Also Laurel Town Center added Kay Jewlers to their list.. Harris Teeter is opening soon (PG County's First) and Old Navy soon.

Added t their Food Court is Nando Peri-Peri, Noodles & Company, Buffalo Wild Wings, Extreme Pita.

Ecco is comng to Tanger Outlets (although I dont consider it a "mall")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 09:17 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post
Last Friday I was at Bowie Town Center with my frat brother, I remember why I dont go there at night... numerous cars blasting Wiz Khalifa, Go-Go, guys walking with no shirts on underwear showing, and loud ratchet chicks screaming the ever so popular phrase "GURRRLA" (i had to laugh)...

Not to mention most of my clients on probation, were out there... They spoke and chatted with me... Guess I could say they were contacts for the week LOL
Years ago, I could imagine Bowie going this route. That was easily the nicest shopping center in PG. Not anymore.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:13 AM

712 posts, read 1,093,044 times
I heard that the Subway closed in the BTC food court. My first thought was, if Subway can't make it there, it's definitely not a good look for BTC.

I was at BTC this past Sunday and saw some teenage boys walking around with no shirt on and jeans sagging. It's starting to be a regular occurrence since the last few times I've been there during warm/hot weather, I've seen that. SMH

Old 07-01-2014, 11:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:

Also Laurel Town Center added Kay Jewlers to their list.. Harris Teeter is opening soon (PG County's First) and Old Navy soon.

Added t their Food Court is Nando Peri-Peri, Noodles & Company, Buffalo Wild Wings, Extreme Pita.

So basically a good time was had by all, lol. Great post.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:19 AM

20 posts, read 41,721 times
Iverson Mall has been sold

Quote:
"Pikesville-based America's Realty LLC has purchased its first shopping mall in the largest single-property transaction in the company's history."
Carl Verstandig buys Iverson Mall in Prince George's County - Baltimore Business Journal

Old 08-06-2014, 09:22 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
Rashurn Baker on the cover of Shopping Centers Today; August 2014 issue.

Quote:
Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III, appears on the August 2014 issue of International Council of Shopping Centers' magazine, Shopping Centers Today. The absence of high quality retail has been a big issue in Prince George's County, Maryland for decades. Read how Prince George's County has gotten the attention of retailers.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:23 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,566,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Rashurn Baker on the cover of Shopping Centers Today; August 2014 issue.
Nice write-up. Its good to see the county beginning to thrive in this area. Have a long way to go but at least there is progress.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:57 AM

146 posts, read 449,527 times
Seriously? The last time I was at Bowie Town Center was 2012; it was very nice then, clean, and looked very upscale. Has it since then declined?

Quote:

Old 08-09-2014, 11:38 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1369 View Post
Seriously? The last time I was at Bowie Town Center was 2012; it was very nice then, clean, and looked very upscale. Has it since then declined?
I was at BTC two weeks ago on a Sunday and it was still nice, clean, and safe to me. Granted, this was during the daytime near closing hours but the last time I was there at night, it wasn't so bad either. Might have to stick around a little longer after the shops close to see if BTC has become different.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:09 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
I was at BTC two weeks ago on a Sunday and it was still nice, clean, and safe to me. Granted, this was during the daytime near closing hours but the last time I was there at night, it wasn't so bad either. Might have to stick around a little longer after the shops close to see if BTC has become different.
Lol people's "perceptions" on C-D can be sooo overblown/over the top. I went to BTC for the first time in easily 2 years just a couple days ago, and it was perfectly fine, "white people walking everywhere." I say this because those making the comments are clearly referring to young AA males, as their reasoning for not being perfect. I noticed they swapped out the old navy for a NY & Company. There were no vacant stores at all, and even a small carnival in one of the back parking lots. I had time to sit down at Barnes and Noble and read a bit, was actually really nice. People on this site are doing too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland