Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:39 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,565,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Brooks Brothers, Woo hoo!

And, if I had the money, I'd convince the following to locate next to UMCP, the largest university in the DC area:

American Eagle Outfitters
Aéropostale
J. Crew Factory
Banana Republic Factory Store

But alas, Rugged Warehouse will do I guess. lol

I imagine given the fact that NH is becoming a popular resort, a few higher end stores should start announcing. I'm surprised Coach isn't in that list. The current list is your run of the mill outlet shops. Nothing surprising so far.

It is very sad to think that absolutely every store in your list has no other store in the county, AT ALL. We've come a long way. Baby steps.
Year I like brooks brothers as well. I would also like to see a Hugo Boss. Coach will probably be on the next list. The ones that are mentioned were the ones announced around the ground breaking. I think that the outlet will also get a bump from the MGM effort. We will see though. It is sad that it has taken so long some of these specialty stores to come to the county but you are right baby steps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 03:21 PM

631 posts, read 1,396,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
To date they have announce the following tenants that have been confirmed Calvin Klein, H&M, IZOD, Gap Factory Store, American Eagle Outfitters, Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Republic Factory Store, White House Black Market Outlet, Chico’s Outlet, Columbia, Brooks Brothers Factory Store, Aéropostale, P.S. by Aéropostale, J. Crew Factory, Le Creuset Outlet. They probably won't do another announcement until August or September when construction enters into the final stage. The stores will probably be a mix of mid to high. You can look at Tanger's recent properties to see what will probably form the base. They have planned for 3 to 5 food options but no full on restaurants at the outlet since a lot already exist at the harbor. There will probably be additional options that pop up outside the development especially with MGM there also( they themselves have promised 5). That site is pretty landlocked so entertainment would be developed at the harbor or at Rivertowne( I could see them turning that into a Tanger's 2 over time).

I didn't know H&M made Factory or Outlet stores....But alas, at least the teen hipsters wont have to go into DC or Arundel Mills for this. Maybe they wont have to take the train to Wheaton either...

Now if they can get an Zara then I will have a reason to go out there

Old 06-13-2013, 04:53 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,565,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post
I didn't know H&M made Factory or Outlet stores....But alas, at least the teen hipsters wont have to go into DC or Arundel Mills for this. Maybe they wont have to take the train to Wheaton either...

Now if they can get an Zara then I will have a reason to go out there
Neither did I. I have never gone to H&M but apparently its not just for teen hipsters....I know some thirtysomethings that live and die there.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:08 AM

631 posts, read 1,396,186 times
Yeah 30 somethings, teen hipsters, and the gay community love that store. I HATE H&M. To me the quality of the clothing sucks. I washed a shirt after I wore it once, and it unraveled. Bought a hoodie and the zipper was off track after a few wears. I mean it isn't an expensive store, its actually a cheap store, that has well...cheap quality.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:53 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,590 times
What kind of merchandise would an H&M outlet even have? Tops for $.99 instead $5? I don't even want to know what's in the H&M reject pile *shudder*. Although once Michelle Obama supposedly wore a skirt from that store that I thought was very cute.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:44 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post
LOL....my sarcasm is very good. Yes white people are in still in PG. not many, but they are here. In Bowie and Laurel (they each border another county so the presence will always be there), There are even some in Hyattsville, (Arts District, PG Metro), and also Beltsville and Calverton (again, bordering another county).

So basically the northern parts of PG County
I think there are quite a few in the southern parts too. Like parts of UM, Croom, Brandywine, Baden, Cheltenham, and Fort Washington and Accokeek. I see more moving in, as well.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:15 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Expect for the redundancy of the use of "that" (it was a typo).

Thanks!
No problem

Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
I like to shop online; it's cheaper and easier, especially when you know what you want. Stores have never been a destination for me though I have accompanied many a GF to them so I could be bored to tears.
I do like Academy Sports as well as Bass Pro Shop as they have something to actually peruse.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM

2,330 posts, read 4,401,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Watch what you wish for. Smart growth is tied to this...

ICLEI Primer: Your Town and Freedom Threatened
That is true and Virginia is also possibly controlling anti-Growth(they call it sprawl) policies in Suburban(DC region) Maryland via under the table political special interest group sponsoring.

On another website/blog a commentator made a statement that that would make one to wonder if Virginia is somehow communicating with the anti-Growth lawmakers in Montgomery County and PG County to make sure that the Maryland Suburbs do not hold any equal or greater competition of Business and Economic Growth against Northern Virginia.

Read the comment below then substitute(replace) West Virginia with Montgomery County, Prince Georges County, and Frederick County.

Watch 28 years of Virginia sprawl - Greater Greater Washington

Since I am a citizen of Fairfax, I DO get input on a range of FFX county policies that impact FUTURE development. While FFX has adopted fewer policies in the direction I want than Arlington or Alexandria have, they have certainly made huge leaps, which I support.

Its true that having more move to West Virginia would not be good. But given transportation constraints, Im not sure how many really would have - but I do agree, it would be wise for the Commonwealth to reach out to WVa to discourage sprawl. Given how big a financial loss that would be to WVa, Va will have to give something tangible in return. Im not sure Richmond is up for that.

Maybe we need national land use planning??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland