Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 02:13 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No they won't, education works differently than private concerns in these types of situations.

Dr. Crawley is well connected in this area. Now, he's 60-something. Becoming Superintendant of a school system would have been the capstone to a 40 year career in education. He was the odds on favorite to lose the the interim title and become permanent July 1 until the last minute move by Baker.

His resignation 3 weeks early is a single move in a very large chess game in political terms and a personal little **** YOU! to Rushern in micro terms.
So in your opinion, he's not changing his mind, is he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 02:26 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
So in your opinion, he's not changing his mind, is he?
I doubt it. Why would he for three weeks? That's his accrued personal leave. He might stay if he's offered the interim until next June 30. In MD Superintendants are hired for four year terms July 1 to June 30. That's why he was interim, Hite's resignation came too late to have anyone in place last July 1. Deasey did the same thing before Hite.

One thing on one has yet mentioned: the petition to referendum. I predict that the circulators will get way over the necessary signatures to force a vote. That means that the system is without a leader until November of 2014. Well after that in reality. Unless Baker installs another interim. And what qualified, give a **** candidate will take that?

Old 05-23-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I doubt it. Why would he for three weeks? That's his accrued personal leave. He might stay if he's offered the interim until next June 30. In MD Superintendants are hired for four year terms July 1 to June 30. That's why he was interim, Hite's resignation came too late to have anyone in place last July 1. Deasey did the same thing before Hite.

One thing on one has yet mentioned: the petition to referendum. I predict that the circulators will get way over the necessary signatures to force a vote. That means that the system is without a leader until November of 2014. Well after that in reality. Unless Baker installs another interim. And what qualified, give a **** candidate will take that?
That's a good point. I have said that Baker has done way more harm than good. People in the county have been complaining about how the school system is ran, they blindly support this nonsense, and then complain about the board. Umm, who elected the board???? It's just a mess. No one wants to deal with the real issue which is the apathy to the education system. I do not believe Baker acted in good faith, I believe he did this in a manner to get back at the Board, thinking he would get all this power, but instead he has just sabotage this entire process.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:16 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,566,591 times
Default Crawley plans to stay in Prince George’s

Quote:
Prince George’s County School Board Chairman Verjeana Jacobs (District 5) said Friday that Alvin Crawley, the county’s interim school superintendent, has agreed to stay in his position until school reopens in August.

Crawley plans to stay in Prince George’s - The Washington Post

Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM

304 posts, read 714,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
Yes, this. Hopefully he will land something good. I haven't heard anything bad about him, and he seems like a nice, personable guy.
I am currently (and quite heavily) involved with the PGCPS system, and I have had personal interactions with Alvin Crawley. I don't want to say much in way of details, that could end up affecting others, but I will say that I started off the school year with a lot of favorable opinions on him... and at this point, I will not shed a tear or lose any sleep when he leaves. He is just as much as a scumbag asshat that has nothing but his personal paycheck and protectionism of his chronies, in mind, then all the other loser superintendents and incompetent staff that came before him.

Crawley did things (with an "s" at the end) that will forever have me shocked and horrified. Promises made to the faces of dozens of PGCPS students and parents, things that he claims he was going to do with their best interest in mind, and when all was said and done... not only were they complete lies, but he personally put into effect several subsequent measures that are tantamount to "sabotage," as well as roundabout ways of telling the students that they are not worth the investment, and the goals they are trying to reach are unachievable. These are things I've only seen in movies about ghetto schools in South Central L.A. or East L.A.

I never thought I'd live to see the day where educators ... the people always swearing up and down that they're "for the children" ... tell their own children that they should give up on their hopes and that they are not worth 'Upper Marlboro' putting forth an effort. That's why PGCPS doesn't even use the moniker "Children First," anymore. They could care less about these students, and I feel so powerless and terrible for them. I will be one of the first people talking about how misguided and ill-behaved todays youths are... but with 'educators' (and I use the term loosely) like Crawley and the the morons working at the Sasscer Building, at the helm, there's now some understanding to why the kids in P.G. are they way they are. What can you do when incompetence and the message of "You're destined to fail and you shouldn't strive to achieve," is coming from the very top??

Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM

I tip my hat to him. What an admirable thing to do. He could have left and I don't think anyone would have blamed him. It may be tough but he did the best thing for the kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland