Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 10:45 AM

3 posts, read 4,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
No one would describe Potomac as a city or anything like it. Best known for mansions on multi-acre lots, but there are also regular homes. There are two village shopping centers beside each other at an intersection, both with grocery stores. Failing that you have to go to Rockville or Bethesda for shopping and most other things too.

Bethesda if you can afford it, has a walkable downtown, that is preferable to Rockville, which is defined mostly by commercial strips along Rockville Pike aka R.355.
SFH in Bethesda will generally be more expensive than Rockville.

You could look at areas between Bethesda and Rockville, around the Grosvenor and Twinbrook Metro stops.

I would start by finding the least expensive house in the most expensive school district and then adjust up or down from there.
Thank you very much for your answering my question.
After spending two months to search for house, i finally got one and moved to Potomac a few weeks ago. Potomac is a beautiful place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 12:00 PM

7 posts, read 5,649 times
Default Fairfax to Maryland Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyung View Post
My father would like to spend less than $500K on his house for his retirement. He currently owns a house on 7 acres of land in Fairfax Station, where the Red Cross originated during the American Civil War.

Fort Washington lacks Asian supermarkets, and the National Harbor and Tanger do not appear to fill this void. Aside from a small Filipino population, Fort Washington seems to draw very few Asians. Which areas of DC Maryland houses most Asian Indians and East Asians?
I'm not sure if it hosts the most Asians. But Rockville, specifically near the city center is diverse and has a lot of Asian restaurants and food stores. We really like the area. The problem is housing. Seems the only choices around there are 2-4 story attached townhomes or hi-rise condos.

Old 07-15-2023, 09:06 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khyung View Post
My father would like to spend less than $500K on his house for his retirement. He currently owns a house on 7 acres of land in Fairfax Station, where the Red Cross originated during the American Civil War.

Fort Washington lacks Asian supermarkets, and the National Harbor and Tanger do not appear to fill this void. Aside from a small Filipino population, Fort Washington seems to draw very few Asians. Which areas of DC Maryland houses most Asian Indians and East Asians?
I dont live in Maryland but have several Chinese relatives in the NoVa, DC area. From my experience, check out the area from Silver Springs to Rockville. Tons of asian markets, restaurants, and services there! At least a couple asian supermarkets with a fish market, authentic cuisine, and locally owned shops are all over the place in Montgomery county.

Furthermore, my Uncle moved into a condo in a very well kept retirement community called Leisure World. You can have a condo, a duplex, or single detached home there and its several thousand strong with all the amenities and activities you could want. I worked out of his place for a few weeks and it was an incredibly safe and comfortable stay. Check out Leisure World near Silver Springs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland