Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 11:36 PM

283 posts, read 729,287 times

Advertisements

I've been reading about this new outlet mall they are supposed to build in Clarksburg. I've seen quite a few comments from people lamenting this, saying that traffic in Clarksburg is already bad and will only get much worse after they build the mall. Is traffic really that bad in Clarksburg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 PM

3 posts, read 9,688 times
I've lived in Clarksburg for nearly and year now, not far from the proposed outlet. The traffic, in my opinion, isn't bad, but I can imagine that its gotten worse over the past few years due to all the real estate development. During non peak hours there isn't any traffic but in the mornings around 8am and afternoon at around 3 to 6 pm traffic does pick up.

I don't see the worst of it because I work flexible hours so I leave home around 930 am and return after 630 pm.

In the future Clarksburg may have more of a traffic problem.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM

Thanks. I imagine it would get worse even without the outlet mall. There is still Phase 2 of Clarksburg Village which has barely started, and there's also going to be another new housing development on the other side of 270.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:49 PM

So I noticed that many of the main roads in Clarksburg - Clarksburg Rd, Ridge Rd, and even 355 - have only one lane in each direction. Does anyone know if there are any plans to expand those roads?

Also, there is a W. Old Baltimore Rd that goes under 270. Are there any plans to make a new 270 interchange there? It could become exit 17 if they did that.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,618 times
The traffic in Clarksburg itself is fine, though maybe I'm just desensitized from living in DC for so long. There's a bottleneck at 355/west Baltimore/brink but they are re-doing that intersection. 27 south from damascus is packed in the morning -- and that will get worse -- but outlets won't affect that at all. Really the problem is 270 northbound in the evening. That is a total disaster and will only improve with CCT (15 years off at least) and better bus connections to shady grove and MARC.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:06 PM

62 posts, read 189,062 times
Just some Clarksburg road updates.

Observation drive is in the early stages of getting extended. When complete, this road will connect from where it intersects with Stringtown Road in Clarksburg (Gateway Commons neighborhood) with Observation drive in Germantown. This road is called a bypass road and runs parallel with 355. In addition, Roberts Tavern drive will be connected to 355. I read that since this road has "right of way" there are homes currently built in it's path and will have to be "moved". I don't know which homes will be affected.

The Mid county highway extension called M-83 is in the works, however, I don't think it's been determined if it will actually get built all the way to Clarksburg. If it does get built it could help with relieving traffic headed to Shady Grove Metro. I think the issue with building it is that a lot of wetlands and forests would have to be destroyed in the process.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:08 PM

62 posts, read 189,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcity View Post
So I noticed that many of the main roads in Clarksburg - Clarksburg Rd, Ridge Rd, and even 355 - have only one lane in each direction. Does anyone know if there are any plans to expand those roads?

Also, there is a W. Old Baltimore Rd that goes under 270. Are there any plans to make a new 270 interchange there? It could become exit 17 if they did that.
I recently read somewhere that 355 is to remain a two lane road through the old part of Clarksburg. The thought is that 355 in that area should be a local route and not a main thoroughfare???

Old 09-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Looks like they have plans to expand parts of Clarksburg Rd and West Old Baltimore Rd:

http://www.cabinbranchoutlets.com/wp...w-Summary1.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland