Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:55 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,569,405 times

Advertisements

I like the look of the new Greenbelt Station townhomes. All-brick is so much better looking than cheap siding. Though I'm sure these are the lowest tier luxury homes NV has. Very vanilla facades. Nothing to exciting. But, this is much better than an empty field. Now, if we can just bring in more office and commercial offerings. Currently, they are priced at the $410's. If Greenbelt wins the FBI, expect those prices to jump at least 15% higher.

Construction should begin within a month. I saw the construction trailer set up a week ago. There's also a new advertisement on the billboard near the entrance.

New Andrew Carnegie Home Model in Greenbelt Station, Greenbelt, MD - NVHomes

Ryan Homes non-luxury offering. No outside pics though. Prices start in the $370's. Nice interior.

New Construction Homes for Sale in GREENBELT STATION - Ryan Homes

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 AM

687 posts, read 1,377,305 times
I guess things have changed since I lived in College Park. That spot which is next to the train tracks used to be mostly scrap yards and auto body repair places. It still looks like a long walk to the Greenbelt Metro station.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:18 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
I guess things have changed since I lived in College Park. That spot which is next to the train tracks used to be mostly scrap yards and auto body repair places. It still looks like a long walk to the Greenbelt Metro station.
Good point. The Ryan townhomes have the address 8001 Greenbelt Road. I looks like you would walk .9 mile through undeveloped woods to the Metro station, or have to drive around by Cherrywood Road, which is 1.5 miles at least. More positively, there is a bike lane on Cherrywood. Regardless, the townhomes will be a great improvement to the area.

Last edited by goldenage1; 09-09-2013 at 09:27 AM..

Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Good point. The Ryan townhomes have the address 8001 Greenbelt Road. I looks like you would walk .9 mile through undeveloped woods to the Metro station, or have to drive around by Cherrywood Road, which is 1.5 miles at least. More positively, there is a bike lane on Cherrywood. Regardless, the townhomes will be a great improvement to the area.

By comparison, Arts District Hyattsville is about 1.5 miles from the PG Plaza Metro. So is the heart of UMD's campus from the College Park metro. The new Cafritz project will be 1.3 miles from the College Park metro. In this case, 1.5 miles would be par for the course for the area (not saying that's good). It would be nice if there was a pedestrian path to the metro. At least that was in the original plans where both cores were to be connected.

It will be interesting to see where they place the pedestrian path to the metro. I guess it would cut at least .5 miles from the walk on Cherrywood Lane. Below a brief section of a deal proposed between Suntrust Bank and the City of Greenbelt last year concerning a pedestrian path to the Metro. I'm not sure if it went through or not.

City to Discuss New Greenbelt Developments Near College Park | KabirCares.org
Quote:
"The agreement also proposes that SunTrust will provide 2.27 acres of land and $1 million to the City of Greenbelt for recreational purposes, devote over $1.4 million toward recreational purposes on the site that it develops, and construct both a hiker/biker trail from the development to the Metro and a light rail or tram system between the South Core and the North Core once the north-south connector road is complete."

Old 12-23-2013, 01:37 PM

Default Update

Just an update on Greenbelt Station. The website is up and there is a Youtube video.

NVHomes has settled on the Carnegie for their luxury offering. Price is set at the low $420's.

Floor plan: New Andrew Carnegie Home Model in Greenbelt Station, Greenbelt, MD - NVHomes

The cheaper Ryan Homes 4 floor plans: New Construction Homes for Sale in GREENBELT STATION - Ryan Homes

Prices range from the $290's to the low $400's

Looks like the luxury NVhomes are the purple color. The condos are the light blue color. The cheaper Ryan townhomes are the dark blue.

Read more: Discover Greenbelt, MD Condominiums & Townhomes at Greenbelt Station by Ryan Homes & NVHomes

Youtube Video:
NVHomes

Old 12-23-2013, 09:01 PM

795 posts, read 1,268,475 times
Actually, it is about .4 to .5 to the metro going by their walkway (I measured it). Will be shorter and longer for other homes to be built later.

Also, the $370 home is actually on the bottom of the higher priced option. The two bedrooms of the $370 home is stuck over the two garages... the living room. The master room of that house is over the formal dining room. In other words, for $370, you might be purchasing misery by way of noise.

Even more if someone likes to play dominos in their garage late at night. Don't laugh, a friend has this issue.

I looked at pictures and went out there... all the pictures and the current land looks "wet". Was this a swamp at some point? It would be interesting to hear what old people have to say about that track of land...

Old 12-23-2013, 09:07 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_of_DC View Post
I looked at pictures and went out there... all the pictures and the current land looks "wet". Was this a swamp at some point? It would be interesting to hear what old people have to say about that track of land...
You notice the map has "Stream Bank Lane" and Settling Pond Road" for street names. I remember the land as being undeveloped for a long time. And the stream running under Greenbelt Road could probably flood. I hope they are doing something to control the water.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:04 PM

58 posts, read 110,743 times
Quote:
Actually, it is about .4 to .5 to the metro going by their walkway (I measured it). Will be shorter and longer for other homes to be built later.

Also, the $370 home is actually on the bottom of the higher priced option. The two bedrooms of the $370 home is stuck over the two garages... the living room. The master room of that house is over the formal dining room. In other words, for $370, you might be purchasing misery by way of noise.

Even more if someone likes to play dominos in their garage late at night. Don't laugh, a friend has this issue.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:19 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,039 times
Quote:

I don't know. Sounds jacked up to me.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:23 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
You notice the map has "Stream Bank Lane" and Settling Pond Road" for street names. I remember the land as being undeveloped for a long time. And the stream running under Greenbelt Road could probably flood. I hope they are doing something to control the water.
So the stream names are your prior notice/warning should you buy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland