Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 12:27 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,407 times

Advertisements

I actually agree that the original post was not necessarily racist, but it was inflammatory, poorly reasoned, and basically presented us with nothing but Aeroguy's rage and spittle. People like him claim to be "truth tellers" but when you ask them to lay out their reasoning, they can't, because all they have is platitudes and claims and anecdotes and opinions, some more offensive and stupid than others. Please, Aeroguy, lay out your reasoning. What is the connection between Montgomery County's policies and its supposed increasing poverty? Tell us about the "liberal stupidity" and how it's hurting the county. Here's a secret, I don't have any confidence that you will. Prove me wrong.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:24 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Stormfront blah blah blah. You are a non-intellectual one trick pony. Like I said, cries of racism are the hallmark of the ignorant. Hopefully one day liberals will see fit to purge your types from their ranks. An embarrassment of epic proportions.

LOL your sad ad hominem attacks are so pathetic. I can't believe your own inability to have an actual argument using facts doesn't embarass you to the point where you never come back. OK whatever you say, the area is "stricken" with diversity like its the plague. That's pathetic how you have to lie in an online forum and backtrack, actually have a pair for once and don't pussyfoot around your beliefs. I see why you Teabaggers always have to own a dozen guns, such fraidy cats that you have to constantly lie, be deceptive and parse your words

You have no adequate explanation explaining why if liberal policies were so terrible, why is Montgomery one of the richest counties in America and why are all the richest counties in America liberal/Democratic? You'd prefer we be like some sort of ignorant Mississippi clone where you can spout your racist garbage in public and not get called out on it. You're to the point where you have no sense of respect for others, living in your tiny underutilized provincial mind, so my reason is definitely flying over your head but maybe talk with some of the smarter people in your nursing home (that us "mooching liberals" are paying for)

Last edited by PhenomenalAJ; 11-17-2013 at 02:35 PM..

Old 11-17-2013, 03:48 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I actually agree that the original post was not necessarily racist, but it was inflammatory, poorly reasoned, and basically presented us with nothing but Aeroguy's rage and spittle. People like him claim to be "truth tellers" but when you ask them to lay out their reasoning, they can't, because all they have is platitudes and claims and anecdotes and opinions, some more offensive and stupid than others. Please, Aeroguy, lay out your reasoning. What is the connection between Montgomery County's policies and its supposed increasing poverty? Tell us about the "liberal stupidity" and how it's hurting the county. Here's a secret, I don't have any confidence that you will. Prove me wrong.
Well that's what a forum is all about, it's about opinions. Some people are more passionate than others. I don't think it's necessarily it's an issue when someone uses strong language to illustrate their point, but it becomes an issue when their information is factually incorrect or if they use offensive language (which is up to interpretation). I think the issue we have here is that people are offended by the post, but there really hasn't been a great deal of proof of it being factually incorrect. The other thing to deal with, when it comes to reasoning, and trust me I deal with this all the time on here, is people refuse to see things for what they are, because they are stubborn and refuse to acknowledge the truth.

It's ironic that PhenomenalAJ used the term ad hominem because that's exactly how a good majority of the people in this thread are treating AeroGuyDC. It's not even about agreeing with him, it's about the fact that instead of arguing against his point, you call him a name and then don't explain why you feel the way you do, and then you expect him to explain himself? There is no logic with that, none whatsoever. Again, if you believe he is wrong about something or you think he's out of line, explain it so that it's clear for others to understand where you are coming from (everyone doesn't think the same way).

I'm not even trying to take a position on this issue for a reason to prove a point that is common on topics like this. If you disagree, why not just explain why you disagree? What good do insults do? Are we school age kids or adults? Can you articulate an intelligent point without having to use insults? It's interesting when I originally made this point, certain people stop posting on this thread. It makes you wonder do people actually disagree with the point that is being made or just have an issue with the person making the point (Ad hominem)?

Old 11-17-2013, 05:30 PM

544 posts, read 1,047,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Show me examples. I am not denying it to be true, I just keep seeing people saying it and I don't see what it is being based on.
The original post of this thread is that Montgomery County is going "downhill" (whatever that means) because white people are moving out and non-white people are moving in. If that's not racist, I sure as hell don't know what is.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Well that's what a forum is all about, it's about opinions. Some people are more passionate than others. I don't think it's necessarily it's an issue when someone uses strong language to illustrate their point, but it becomes an issue when their information is factually incorrect or if they use offensive language (which is up to interpretation). I think the issue we have here is that people are offended by the post, but there really hasn't been a great deal of proof of it being factually incorrect. The other thing to deal with, when it comes to reasoning, and trust me I deal with this all the time on here, is people refuse to see things for what they are, because they are stubborn and refuse to acknowledge the truth.

It's ironic that PhenomenalAJ used the term ad hominem because that's exactly how a good majority of the people in this thread are treating AeroGuyDC. It's not even about agreeing with him, it's about the fact that instead of arguing against his point, you call him a name and then don't explain why you feel the way you do, and then you expect him to explain himself? There is no logic with that, none whatsoever. Again, if you believe he is wrong about something or you think he's out of line, explain it so that it's clear for others to understand where you are coming from (everyone doesn't think the same way).

I'm not even trying to take a position on this issue for a reason to prove a point that is common on topics like this. If you disagree, why not just explain why you disagree? What good do insults do? Are we school age kids or adults? Can you articulate an intelligent point without having to use insults? It's interesting when I originally made this point, certain people stop posting on this thread. It makes you wonder do people actually disagree with the point that is being made or just have an issue with the person making the point (Ad hominem)?
Didn't he say the area was "stricken" with diversity? And diversity was listed among his gripes about whats wrong with the area. Pulling the old Uncle Ruckus routine does neither you nor him favors. He won't even argue the point that all the richest areas in America are liberal and its because they attract educated industrious people. I know you feel its your job on this forum as a "black" (cough cough wink wink nudge nudge) conservative to provide cover for any right wing racism but you're stretching your little act a bit thin defending this guy

Old 11-17-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Didn't he say the area was "stricken" with diversity? And diversity was listed among his gripes about whats wrong with the area. Pulling the old Uncle Ruckus routine does neither you nor him favors. He won't even argue the point that all the richest areas in America are liberal and its because they attract educated industrious people. I know you feel its your job on this forum as a "black" (cough cough wink wink nudge nudge) conservative to provide cover for any right wing racism but you're stretching your little act a bit thin defending this guy
Prime example of what I'm talking about. I have tried to stay out of this conversation and just at least come with a much more 'toned' way of conveying what the OP is trying to say and I am called names. The intelligence level obviously goes a far as you can articulate a point without resorting to insults. I don't think I have honestly seen you PhenomenalAJ say anything remotely intelligent on this website, ever. You just find a catchy name to call someone, rinse, repeat. It would take a ton of effort for me to speak down to your intelligent level. If you aren't ready to have an adult conversation without resolving yourself to playground tactics, then I think we are done talking.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Prime example of what I'm talking about. I have tried to stay out of this conversation and just at least come with a much more 'toned' way of conveying what the OP is trying to say and I am called names. The intelligence level obviously goes a far as you can articulate a point without resorting to insults. I don't think I have honestly seen you PhenomenalAJ say anything remotely intelligent on this website, ever. You just find a catchy name to call someone, rinse, repeat. It would take a ton of effort for me to speak down to your intelligent level. If you aren't ready to have an adult conversation without resolving yourself to playground tactics, then I think we are done talking.
Well highlighting a few words of my text and responding to it rather than the greater question is clearly your modus operandi. You made no attempt to refute my argument about the most liberal areas attracting the most people due to intelligence and opportunity nor has any conservative. Why would people continue to move to the area if it were an economically depressed liberal cesspool? You have to pretend you are "staying above the fray" when your asinine right wing theories have been exposed. I'd love to hear why the DC area should be more white and what measures you'd go to to see it happen, that'd be fascinating. Why would an area lacking diversity be better (excluding people who pretend to be black on C-D, I dont imagine they count that)? You and your buddy make no attempt to even answer.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Well highlighting a few wor. of my text and responding to it rather than the greater question is clearly your modus operandi. You made no attempt to refute my argument about the most liberal areas attracting the most people due to intelligence and opportunity nor has any conservative. Why would people continue to move to the area if it were an economically depressed liberal cesspool? You have to pretend you are "staying above the fray" when your asinine right wing theories have been exposed. I'd love to hear why the DC area should be more white and what measures you'd go to to see it happen, that'd be fascinating. Why would an area lacking diversity be better (excluding people who pretend to be black on C-D, I dont imagine they count that)? You and your buddy make no attempt to even answer.
Yes because only white people can be conservative right? (Looks at a picture of MLK). And even with that said, there are people on this site that have seen me in person and can tell you if I am black. I find it amazing how you can tell if I am black based on the way I think. Do you know how stereotypical and ignorant you sound? You are basically suggesting that all black people think the same and if you don't think like a 'typical' black person then your 'blackness' is called to question. Yet you have the nerve to call someone bigoted?

Obviously you are not named Phenomenal for reading comprehension either. I said, very clearly, that I am not getting into this conversation for a reason. Why do you expect me to defend something I never said. As if I am the spokesman for conservatives.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Yes because only white people can be conservative right? (Looks at a picture of MLK). And even with that said, there are people on this site that have seen me in person and can tell you if I am black. I find it amazing how you can tell if I am black based on the way I think. Do you know how stereotypical and ignorant you sound? You are basically suggesting that all black people think the same and if you don't think like a 'typical' black person then your 'blackness' is called to question. Yet you have the nerve to call someone bigoted?

Obviously you are not named Phenomenal for reading comprehension either. I said, very clearly, that I am not getting into this conversation for a reason. Why do you expect me to defend something I never said. As if I am the spokesman for conservatives.
I don't think black people of any political stripe disdain black people and are so happy to accuse liberals of being racist and conservatives of looking out for their best interests as you do. I'd imagine if you really had a thinking picture of MLK in your home, he'd be thinking "angry conservative white guys pretending to be black to give cover to racists on something called the internet...can't honestly say i saw that one coming."

Old 11-18-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
I don't think black people of any political stripe disdain black people and are so happy to accuse liberals of being racist and conservatives of looking out for their best interests as you do. I'd imagine if you really had a thinking picture of MLK in your home, he'd be thinking "angry conservative white guys pretending to be black to give cover to racists on something called the internet...can't honestly say i saw that one coming."
You truly do not understand how ignorant you sound. You are basically saying, in so many words, that all black people are the same, we think the same, and we act the same. You are literally stereotyping a whole race, and you don't find that to be a bit hypocritical?

What black person on here do you believe disdains other black people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland