Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2013, 01:07 PM

54 posts, read 73,277 times

Advertisements

I thought it might be useful to create a sticky thread containing posters' reflections/insight on their living experiences at specific places. This might be more effective for a newbie like myself than coming on here every so often and creating a thread seeking similar information. I urge the moderators to make this a sticky if they're so inclined.

I'll start off:

1) Downtown Silver Spring
I lived in DTSS for about 10 months in 2012-13, and while it's not as expansive as other town centers, like Rockville's for example, I found it was more than sufficient for me. I never really ventured out late at night because it's not my preference, but during the day DTSS is serviceable for eating out, catching a movie, or just strolling around. During the day I never experienced any problems vis a vis safety, but I did run into the occasionally aggressive panhandler during high-traffic hours on the weekends. There is a farmer's market every weekend during the summer, along with an occasional outdoor concert, and public outdoor ice skating in the winter. Upscale shopping is limited to nonexistent, but for basic needs you'll do just fine.

Of course another plus for DTSS is its metro station, which uses the red line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland