U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,369,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Even trust fund babies have issues because people accuse them of not having to work for their wealth.

Do trust fund babies have issues or is it the people who accuse them of not having to work for their wealth? The notions people have about wealth always interest/amuses me.
My uncle/cousins are wealthy. Look up the demographics of Leawood, KS and you have a general idea. They wear a nicer cut of clothing than I but I don't care and neither do they. I think it fun to visit their world but they have too many headaches as you are usually your own boss at that point.
One has a Porsche in his garage along with his mini van and Ford sedan. Another goes through used expensive cars which come along his way due to the fact he is a lawyer and his, as well as associates', clients need to liquidate holdings at times and cars are first on the block to go. He likes to pick them up for cheap and drive them around for a year or two. His brother, a screenwriter, owns office buildings in medical parks. He likes to buy used high dollar cars from around the country and have them shipped to him. You may imagine those of wealth might be above this but the wealthy like a bargain as much as anyone else - it's a game and he get some nice cars. One of my cousins is Mormon. She is an RN, her husband is a successful attorney for a mega insurance company in NYC. They live in a small and quiet but definitely wealthy neighborhood. They are always going on missions to Vietnam, China or Africa to help the poor in those regions. Their wealth allows them to go do that.

I have known or worked for wealthy people whom I wouldn't wipe my shoes with. Not for their wealth but because of the attitudes they display. Not all behave as such but some assume/demand too much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,519 times
Default Senior member or senior moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
It didn't used to be like that back in the day...

This is what generally happens when liberals that rule the area wanted "change".
What? What are YOU talking about?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland