Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 01:35 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times

Advertisements

And the solutions should entail an economic cooperative of investment between both cities. You have the mayor of Baltimore always reaching outside of the state/country for economic investment (within recent years: Ireland, Brazil and India). So, Black folks in PG County/Baltimore who are approximately a spitting distance from one another can come together for joint venture-ship in business and industry???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choccity View Post
This won't happen. Baltimore City government needs to work on a long term solution/plan for Baltimore. What happened with DC development was a federal/city and private partnerships working together. I mentioned before about P3 or public-private partnership funding. I don't know if there is a 5, 10 or 15 year plan for Baltimore, it should be. But investment is not going to come from PG County or DC. No one came to Detroit's rescue I don't think it will happen for any city. The money has to come from private/public funding. I don't know what state money Baltimore gets. Someone in Baltimore has to have the vision and leadership to move Baltimore forward. No one outside knows what's best for Baltimore but Baltimore.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:37 PM

There is no font size setting indicated. I'm using Book Antiqua.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Can you go into your settings and adjust your font size? Please.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:03 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
How come immigrants from thousands miles away come to our cities and create connections, while Black folks who've been here for many generations can't see and do the same??! I don't understand your logic?!
Why do you keep asking the same question over and over again?

Several people have already said PG doesn't care about Baltimore.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:46 PM

I only asked this twice, waiting to get an answer. So, obviously the answer was insufficient. Saying that people don't care, really says something about a psychology of a population who don't see the benefit of forging such business endeavors. Maybe Black folks still are enslaved and mentally ill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post

Last edited by Infinite_heights77; 12-16-2013 at 08:07 PM..

Old 12-16-2013, 08:06 PM

Please lock thread!

Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post

Indeed.. and why should it?

Out of all the counties in Maryland why should PG be the one to "save" Baltimore? Just because PG has a lot of black people it should "bond" with Baltimore which also has a lot of black people?

Kind of racist.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:37 AM

28 posts, read 40,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Wood View Post
2.5 million dollar homes?! maybe those mansions would cost that much across the river, but they sell for 400k for a reason in PG. The reason they sell for so little in PG is the same reason they sell for so much in Alexandria across the river. I'll let you do the uncomfortable math.
You do know that P.G county have a number of areas with homes worth over 2.5 million right? I know it hurts your little dear bigot, and racist heart to believe such but they do. POINT BLANK PERIOD!!!

Old 12-24-2013, 11:49 AM

148 posts, read 312,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
I would never dream of investing in Baltimore, because I have no allegiance or ties to Baltimore, anymore than I do Seattle, Washington or San Diego, California. Also, I mentioned this on another thread months ago, there has always been a deep rivalry among blacks in PGC/DC and Bmore. Some people may not wish to acknowledge this, but it's very much true. I even experienced it when I traveled overseas this summer with a group of PGCPS high schoolers, and there was a school from Baltimore on our trip. The Baltimore students were very impolite and messy when it came to us... and specifically us. I've never felt "at home" in all the times I've been to Baltimore. Seems as foreign to me as Hong Kong! I'd invest in Washington, DC before thinking about Baltimore. DC has relevance to me. In the last five years, I have been to Baltimore about five times, and all of those times were for business purposes, never leisure.

What you said is very accurate DC and PGC has been beefin with BMORE for decades and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Video: DC Vs Baltimore Highschool Basketball Brawl!

Last edited by DCNative6; 12-24-2013 at 11:58 AM..

Old 12-24-2013, 01:14 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
"Finally, why not mobilize blacks in Baltimore to come together to promote small business, arts, etc.?"

This is the reason why I posted this question in the first place because of this question you've asked, and that has been pondered upon for over 30+ years now. Blacks in Baltimore and how they operate is a topic ALL UNTO itself. How do you mobilize a dead people who can't see past 2 minutes of their existence? How do you mobolize a people who have no regard from education, learning and almost life itself??!!

PG County Blacks have been lauded to be the most wealthiest, political connected, and culturally strong Blacks in the US. Not just African Americans, I'm speaking to Continental Africans, Blacks from the Carribean Islands, and etc.. They should invest!!!
I think you're overestimating black residents in PG County. Most are low level government bureaucrats with combined salaries that make for a comfortable lifestyle, but not enough to actually "invest" in anything other than their own personal lives.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:43 PM

2,596 posts, read 4,658,144 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Please lock thread!
LMAO..how u gonna close your own thread. But some people in Baltimore have no clue about PG county or that its even majority black so there's no reason why PG residents would pick up the slack for Baltimore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland