Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 02:03 PM

254 posts, read 404,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I missed the part where life-destroying mental illness and drug addiction are funny

You are absolutely correct, those things aren't funny.

(I'm not laughing at them, I'm laughing at you)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 02:24 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,817,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesefourwalls View Post
You are absolutely correct, those things aren't funny.

(I'm not laughing at them, I'm laughing at you)
Umm... ok? I don't even understand what you disagree with me about, if you actually disagree with what I wrote. You know what, DON'T ATTEMPT TO CLARIFY- you are so right- I am wrong, stupid, funny in the bad way, whatever you want, you win! **White flag raised**

I am so &$!@#$% sick of people who will just demean others without addressing their point AT ALL. You win! I'm terrible! It's a miracle someone as stupid as me can type! Let's move on now.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:09 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,941,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
Those who post idiotic racist comments on this site should google the term IP address. An IP address means it is easy to identify who is posting comments on this site by name and address. Please try to move past your racist ranting and help create a society that is positive and healthy.
To be honest none of us have access to each other's IP address and even if we did only the ISP knows where those addresses are located.

But I definitely understand where you are coming from.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Umm... ok? I don't even understand what you disagree with me about, if you actually disagree with what I wrote. You know what, DON'T ATTEMPT TO CLARIFY- you are so right- I am wrong, stupid, funny in the bad way, whatever you want, you win! **White flag raised**

I am so &$!@#$% sick of people who will just demean others without addressing their point AT ALL. You win! I'm terrible! It's a miracle someone as stupid as me can type! Let's move on now.
Okay, no attempt to clarify then if that's what you wish. I will instead tell you what I think

That your completely valid and insightful point could be better served in say the General MD forum. Maybe titled something like "The State of MD MentalHealth Care".

That watching threads derail on this board is funny in the way that it's funny to watch a dog watch his tennis ball fly over the fence. Its sad, but one can't help but laugh a little.

That all those horrible things about you that I'm supposedly "right about" were said by you, yourself. Not me.

Peace

Old 01-05-2014, 01:37 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,817,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesefourwalls View Post
Okay, no attempt to clarify then if that's what you wish. I will instead tell you what I think

That your completely valid and insightful point could be better served in say the General MD forum. Maybe titled something like "The State of MD MentalHealth Care".

That watching threads derail on this board is funny in the way that it's funny to watch a dog watch his tennis ball fly over the fence. Its sad, but one can't help but laugh a little.

That all those horrible things about you that I'm supposedly "right about" were said by you, yourself. Not me.

Peace
So the guy who wrote a rather odd magnum opus about his upbringing, black people safaris, and the origins of his political views wasn't derailing the thread, but my response to him was? Uhh... ok? I guess that's funny? Or something? Very strange.

I wasn't trying to launch into a discussion of Maryland health care at all, what I was trying to note to the poster I was responding to was that he saw a problem on the streets (mentally ill black people walking around) and classified it in his mind as a "black" problem, when it may have just been a health policy problem (there are mentally ill white people walking around talking to themselves in the downtown of the little town where my parents live). Severely mentally ill people generally have a hard time driving, so they're probably going to concentrate in downtown areas where they have easiest access to food and shelter. This is why half the threads on this board turn into a race discussion, because a lot of people on these boards feel some of these issues have something to do with a minority group's moral failure. My view is that they are generally just public policy failures. I was just trying to offer an alternative explanation.

So... NOW I have sort of derailed this thread whose topic is about how this entire board has been derailed. Very meta.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Very meta.
Indeed

Old 01-05-2014, 03:18 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,764,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I agree about the hate aspect. Facts/statistics are data and nothing to get in an uproar about. Hence my disjointed reply above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Unfortunately for many people merely pointing out disparities using data means you're a racist or have racist intent. This prevents problems from being thoroughly analyzed and solved.
If I see my own race in a particular statistic (good or bad), I would much prefer to have a rational discussion about it. Every group has their own set of problems. However, I'd like to know what the OP means by racial.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,366,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
Those who post idiotic racist comments on this site should google the term IP address. An IP address means it is easy to identify who is posting comments on this site by name and address. Please try to move past your racist ranting and help create a society that is positive and healthy.
So I presume you will be applying for a commissar position when this country goes full totalitarian, eh?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So I presume you will be applying for a commissar position when this country goes full totalitarian, eh?
Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

(Don't turn around, wh oh oh.....♪♩♪♬♪♩)

Old 01-07-2014, 08:37 AM

206 posts, read 569,289 times
How many times do I have to post before you people get it?

Let me put this in as simple terms as I can.

I don't care how any other races/religions want to live their lives.

I have no interest, therefore you can do as you please as long as you don't start jigglin' my world.

I don't hate anybody.

I like my racist world because there is no conflict.

I really have to laugh at the person who brought up IP addresses.

They seem to think someone like me cares if the world knows who I "really" am.

Now, get ready for this revelation.

I am even more evil than you could have ever imagined.

Even God does not exist in my world.

Yes, I'm going straight down there which would actually be welcome since it's -10F at the moment.

Try my way and set your mind free at last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland