U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM

55 posts, read 73,263 times

Advertisements

Hello to all,
I am just frustrated with some of the drivers around here and I needed to vent, so here I am. I have lived and worked in this area for 11 years now and I just don't understand why people have to turn around right in the middle of the road or intersection when they can go to the next road/intersection and do it there safely. Plus, there are so many people out there that don't use there turning signals, so you have no idea if they are turning or not. Come on people it is a simple and have a little common courtesy for your fellow drivers.
Sorry to vent, but it just drives me nuts sometimes that people cant obey the rules of the road. They are there for a reason.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 05:55 PM

795 posts, read 1,199,895 times
If that was in SS this afternoon, thanks for not posting my license plate...

Sorry, I got trapped in traffic and the next intersection was backed up... the U in the middle of the road seemed like a good idea. It worked well for me... got me going in the right direction!

Old 01-10-2014, 09:42 PM

62 posts, read 179,432 times
I've noticed driving is getting worse in this area. I'd say even over the past few years the level of aggression and risk taking is like no other I've ever seen. I can't be the only person seeing horrible accidents...one after another. Over the years...and for some I'm going way back, I've seen several dead bodies on the road. Recently, I've seen people get hit by cars or have been there right after it has happened before police are on the scene. Each time the walker was not at fault. One guy was on the sidewalk! The worst is seeing cars overturned with people trapped inside or the white sheet draped over the car. Am I the only person who is trying to slow down? Just this week pulling into my own neighborhood I was almost hit by two different cars who both ran stop signs while speeding. Very frustrating. I'm not a perfect driver. Sometimes we all make mistakes but a lot of what I see is just plain impatience.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 AM

15,006 posts, read 23,908,329 times
To me, MD drivers are infected with the "gotta be first" disease. Always cutting in, exiting a highway from 3 lanes over, passing on the shoulder, etc...

Old 01-11-2014, 11:28 AM

254 posts, read 377,661 times
That's a sad and gruesome picture you paint, G-burg. I have no doubt that it's true, tho. Even out here, drivers are all kinds of stupid in the same ways, it's just not as high of a population concentration.

I think MD drivers are gonna hate me! Now don't get me wrong, on a clear day and open highway I'm rocking out and the only thing that slows me down is if there are cops out.....BUT! If the exit ramp says 20....I do 20. Stop signs? Full stop and pause. Red lights? Wait a second and look both ways for oncoming idiots before proceeding. Jerk behind me jockeying to get ahead? Slow down, get over and let him go around.Inclement weather? Yeah, I'm one of those that "can't drive in xxxx". I can hear the horns blaring at me now

Better late than never, I always say!

Old 01-11-2014, 03:45 PM

709 posts, read 1,084,446 times
This thread is surprising. I was expecting people to complain about how everyone in this area drives like an old lady. I guess I'm one of the drivers you guys don't like then haha.

I go 80mph on all highways (I-95, 495, 270, etc.) and average 50mph on main roads when slow people don't get in my way. I think a lot of people around here drive UNDER the speed limit. I get so mad when I'm rushing to work on the highway and someone is going 53 in a 55. Then I get on a main road and some moron is going 35 in a 40. My head wants to explode. I usually tailgate them or honk my horn until I can pass them or until they pull over.

I don't see much aggressive driving. At last not what I consider aggressive. But I'm from NYC.

If you have no where important to be.. get off the road at rush hour OR learn to drive.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
I usually tailgate them or honk my horn until I can pass them or until they pull over.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, tailgating makes my blood boil! I know, I know......get used to it, right? I think I'll invest in some new loud speakers for my car

Old 01-11-2014, 04:33 PM

55 posts, read 73,263 times
Well then Collateral, you are one of those people who should be ticketed until you learn how to drive, 53 in a 55, give me a break man. You cant chill out and drive safely !! How would you fell if you hit someone because you couldn't let off on the gas? Its people like you who cause accidents that shouldn't happen.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Bound2013 View Post
How would you fell if you hit someone because you couldn't let off on the gas?.
Well see now, that's the thing.....people who tailgate -don't- feel. There's just no reasoning and they will never change. They could have someones brains splattered all over their windshield or a car full of people being crispy fried inside a busted gas tank inferno right in front of them and they would still be coming up with excuses and justifications :/ They Just.Don't.Care.Period.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:06 PM

1,691 posts, read 2,535,413 times
I get annoyed by motorist doing high speeds in residential areas. It's one thing to be be going more or less with the flow of traffic on a major roadway, it's another to be in an area where kids could be out playing driving at excessive speeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland