U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 11:21 AM

522 posts, read 525,641 times

Advertisements

Looking for walking directions. Is there not a tunnel that leads from the metro, under (or over) the Capital Beltway to Brightseed Rd? or do you have to make a huge roundabout north of the metro and west on Arena drive and then south on Brightseed (that is "the way" according to google maps walking directions)? - seems like a lot of unneeded walking. Perhaps google maps can not show little trails or tunnels. But I am talking about Brightseed and the other roads that are much closer to Central than Arena.

It seems like there is an entry way for a "kiss and ride" (when I zoom in google maps street view I think that is what I see) just before Congress PL on Brightseed Rd, which would be great - is that so? If so guess I could enter that and get to Brightseed instead of going all the way up to Arena dr..

I guess I am just looking for safe, walking entry way to and from Largo from the west of the station and south of Arena Dr..Arena can't be the only way from the west, right?

Thanks

Last edited by Cmusic29; 03-03-2014 at 11:30 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 12:59 PM

26 posts, read 75,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmusic29 View Post
Arena can't be the only way from the west, right?
Unfortunately, using Arena Drive is the only safe way to walk from the Largo Town Center Metro Station to Brightseat Road. After exiting the fare gates, you would take a right and walk towards the bus bays, the north parking garage and the Boulevard at the Capital Center. Follow the path by the north garage to the BLVD. You would have to then walk thru the BLVD towards Arena Drive. Once you reach Arena Drive, you would turn left and follow Arena Drive towards the Beltway. After crossing over the Beltway, you will soon reach Brightseat Road. Turn left onto Brightseat Road and that will point you in the direction of Congress Place and Central Avenue.

Its not that long of a walk, as I have done it plenty of times going to Redskins games. The walking distance from the Metro Station to the Arena Drive and Bightseat Road intersection is a little more than 3/4 of a mile, then another half mile to the Brightseat Road and Congress Place intersection.

Also Metrobus Route C22 towards Addison Road follows this same walking path from the Largo Town Center Metro Station, with stops along Brightseat Road. That may be another option to walking.

Hope this helps.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland