Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 07:50 PM

4 posts, read 8,473 times

Advertisements

I need all information please, we are about to move to bethesda, md, we need to find the best public elementary school and a middle school. My children have 8 and 10 and we need to rent a safe place with a nice neighborhood, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 07:57 AM

13,372 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSAN2005 View Post
I need all information please, we are about to move to bethesda, md, we need to find the best public elementary school and a middle school. My children have 8 and 10 and we need to rent a safe place with a nice neighborhood, thanks
It would be hard to find a bad school in Bethesda. The middle schools inside the Beltway are all 5 out of 5 at Schooldigger.com: Westland, Thomas Pyle and North Bethesda. The Elementary Schools which rate a 5 out of 5 are Wyngate, Bradley Hills, Bannockburn and Seven Locks. All are inside the Beltway except Seven Locks, which is just outside the Beltway. The neighborhoods are all affluent and safe.

The larger issues will be finding a house to rent. I suggest using Realtor.com for houses managed by a professional agency. Prices start at $2200/month up to $3000 or more in Bethesda.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:15 AM

100 posts, read 154,652 times
Can you provide more information, such as your rental/mortgage budget?
Bethesda has a variety of options for housing.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM

thanks goldenaga1, and wildcat3, my budget range will be from 1800 to 2200. my job zip code will be 20817. There exist new condos? less than 10 years old built? In which of the mentioned schools have sports programs or arts program such a drama or voice?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 AM

13,372 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
thanks goldenaga1, and wildcat3, my budget range will be from 1800 to 2200. my job zip code will be 20817. There exist new condos? less than 10 years old built? In which of the mentioned schools have sports programs or arts program such a drama or voice?
There are new condominiums, but it might be a challenge to find one with room for 2 children within your budget. Most condos are luxury buildings designed for singles. They also tend to be located on busy street which are not the best place for children. I personally think a house would be a better choice.

I did see a house for rent at $2200/month on Realtor.com. It was on Rockhurst Road, and it was assigned to Ashburton Elementary and North Bethesda Middle. I suggest also looking zip codes 20850 and 20853.

I do not have detailed knowledge of the schools, but Montgomery County has abundant options in sports and music. I would suggest locating a house or apartment first, then find the school it is assigned to. Then, located the web site for the schools, and many will describe their programs. Otherwise, you can telephone the schools to ask about their probrams.

Alternatively, there are some schools with magnet-type programs in the arts. You might see if locating near one of theses schools would work for you: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/c...ecialprograms/ For example, the Kensington-Parkwood ES in in a good area of 20895.

Last edited by goldenage1; 04-16-2014 at 10:42 AM..

Old 04-29-2014, 04:25 PM

Thank you so much for your help goldenage1, I am really very worried and nervous for this whole change, from Miami to Bethesda. If you know or any know the nicest and safer zip code to live with good neighborhood. It can be Rockville or Bethesda? Which supermarkets are the best recommended there?

Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 PM

299 posts, read 557,114 times
Default re: best supermarkets

Personally, I think Trader Joe's is one of the better markets in the Bethesda area. They have a location right off Wisconsin Ave. in downtown Bethesda, as well as one in Rockville.

The top rated supermarket for the northeastern part of the U.S. is Wegmans -- which we now have in the area too (in Germantown).

Of course, there are also a number of Safeway and Giant grocery stores scattered about. I'm not a fan of Giant myself, but Safeway isn't bad, especially if you use their mobile app on an iPhone and take advantage of the e-coupons and specials available through it.

Quote:
Thank you so much for your help goldenage1, I am really very worried and nervous for this whole change, from Miami to Bethesda. If you know or any know the nicest and safer zip code to live with good neighborhood. It can be Rockville or Bethesda? Which supermarkets are the best recommended there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland