Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 01:36 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,524 times

Advertisements

I will be working off of Wisconsin AVE and was wondering what and where parking spots are there and for how much? trying to debate if its worth driving o just taking metro ( if it helps, I will be going in in the afternoons,evenings and weekends)

coming from va btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 01:46 PM

2,193 posts, read 2,688,552 times
All the info re: locations, cost, and hours of payment can be found here:
MCDOT PARKING - BETHESDA RATES
MCDOT - PARKING
in summary, garage parking is the cheapest and doesn't require payment on the weekends (or after 10pm weekdays). If your total costs per month exceed $150 then buying a parking permit makes the most sense.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
All the info re: locations, cost, and hours of payment can be found here:
MCDOT PARKING - BETHESDA RATES
MCDOT - PARKING
in summary, garage parking is the cheapest and doesn't require payment on the weekends (or after 10pm weekdays). If your total costs per month exceed $150 then buying a parking permit makes the most sense.

thanks. being that im used to paying in Pittsburgh, do you know if the garages are cash only, credit card only? I know with garages in Pittsburgh It was cash and they had ppl in the garages where the metered was credit card or coin operated.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:25 PM

it says the garage im looking at parking uses electronic payment. I assume that means credit cards only?

Old 08-11-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
thanks. being that im used to paying in Pittsburgh, do you know if the garages are cash only, credit card only? I know with garages in Pittsburgh It was cash and they had ppl in the garages where the metered was credit card or coin operated.
1 garage is pay-on-foot (you get a ticket and pay at a kiosk w/any form of $$), 1 garage is cashier (I assume any form of money, but I've never parked in that one), but the bulk of garages just have meters and give you two options: pay by coins or pay by cell (w/app MobileNOW). There was also a key fob system, but that was recently discontinued. Only street meters in Bethesda have credit card readers, currently. The pay by cell app might make sense in your situation as it allows you to remotely add time to the meter (if you happen to work later) or end the meter payment early (if you happen to leave work early). I've never used it though, so check the web and the app itself for reviews to see if people regularly run into issues w/it not working properly or anything like that. Definitely keep quarters on hand either way in case your phone dies or the app crashes or something.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:14 PM

that's sad how Bethesda/md cant get their stuff right. that's one thing I liked about the PAT, athough the machines messed up when it dropped below 25. but it was simply: either quarters or insert your credit card. but before you do,you enter your license plate.

now im confused. im reading how ineffective and crappy this mobile pay for parking is in md and I don't want to risk getting a ticket. but at the same time I don't want to park in a lot where its only credit card payment only.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
that's sad how Bethesda/md cant get their stuff right. that's one thing I liked about the PAT, athough the machines messed up when it dropped below 25. but it was simply: either quarters or insert your credit card. but before you do,you enter your license plate.

now im confused. im reading how ineffective and crappy this mobile pay for parking is in md and I don't want to risk getting a ticket. but at the same time I don't want to park in a lot where its only credit card payment only.
I'm confused; there aren't any parking spaces that require credit card payment. In fact, most of the time you can't pay with credit card. All meters accept coins if that's your preference.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:31 AM

581 posts, read 1,172,354 times
not sure what your issue is. Parking in Bethesda is pretty simple. Especially in the county run garages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland