Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 01:59 PM

490 posts, read 924,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Dave & Busters to open first Prince George's County location at Ritchie Station Marketplace - Washington Business Journal

Oh this should be interesting. Hopefully they have learned lessons from the BLVD and have a way of managing the clientele there. Unfortunately a business like this will attract a wide range of individuals, both good and bad.
THIS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST DECISION EVER!!!!!!!! IT SHOULD OF MOVE TO DOWNTOWN SILVER SPRING......I CAN PROMISE YOU (GIVE IT A YEAR OR TWO) IT WILL SHUT DOWN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 02:03 PM

490 posts, read 924,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
That joint is going to be ratchet lol.

Rumor has it that Silver Spring is about to get one too and I'll be sticking to that one.

I'M PRAYING THIS IS TRUE...ITS NEEDS TO MOVE TO DOWNTOWN SILVER SPRING

Old 02-20-2015, 02:11 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
THIS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST DECISION EVER!!!!!!!! IT SHOULD OF MOVE TO DOWNTOWN SILVER SPRING......I CAN PROMISE YOU (GIVE IT A YEAR OR TWO) IT WILL SHUT DOWN.
I think your wrong champ- That area of PGC spends a lot of $$$$$- Look at chuck E Cheese in the BLVD compared to the one in Waldorf or Laurel, one is always packed the other 2 so-so

We love a good time, and love spending cash, whether we have it or nah LOL

And $$$ always talks

Old 02-20-2015, 02:12 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
I think your missing my point- the UNOS shooting happened between two groups of highly agitated, highly violent bunch of morons (with the paperwork and cases to prove it), who no matter what flashlight top flight security guard was present or not, had larceny and violence in their hearts and came (both groups had firearms- like why do you go to UNOS with a pistol unless you were anticipating a problem) for action-

That's no different from Columbia Mall where the kid shot the place up, I'm sure they "knew their clientele" and didnt expect him to act like he did, some things you can't prevent-

The arguement over whether the likelihood of violence in Largo vs. Columbia may have some merit, however it would require us to factor in many other things, that unfortunately are far out of D and B's control and speak to a larger socio ecocnomic problem nation wide-

I think maybe you possibly have a vested interest in this failing, am I wrong? You seem to have a lot of hostitlity towards growth in the county? Or maybe just towards that darker part of the county? Like if they said this was going to happen in Bowie, you would probably be ok with it?
For someone named coolrob why do you act so emotional? I digress.

First of all, you don't know me, so don't try to suggest anything. I have said I hope it is successful, I just thought this was a point of concern. For you to sit here and interpret that as anything more than a suggestion is ridiculous.

Secondly, regardless of how you perceive the two shootings that happened, there is a stigma that is attached with multiple acts of violence happens in the same shopping center. You keep bringing up the Columbia shooting but when have you heard of it happening since? Have you heard anyone doing that before? The difference here is there was crime happening at the BLVD, which hurt businesses, which hurt the reputation of the shopping center, which cause the county to increase police presence. You don't add police presence off of two "isolated" situations.

Whether you see that as a real concern or not, that's reality. I'm not suggesting that Ritchie Station will be that way, I am speaking strictly about D&B. D&B attracts a certain demographic that is prone to be violent. It's not necessarily the area, as much as it's the type of establishment. The same people you see in a place like D&B and Sideline, you won't see in Chuck E. Cheese, Golden Corral, Big Lots, Dollar Tree or whatever other store is in either shopping center. The point is, as you just stated, the same unruly individuals that were in Uno's or the Sideline that night are more likely to go into D&B than any of the current establishments.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
For someone named coolrob why do you act so emotional? I digress.

First of all, you don't know me, so don't try to suggest anything. I have said I hope it is successful, I just thought this was a point of concern. For you to sit here and interpret that as anything more than a suggestion is ridiculous.

Secondly, regardless of how you perceive the two shootings that happened, there is a stigma that is attached with multiple acts of violence happens in the same shopping center. You keep bringing up the Columbia shooting but when have you heard of it happening since? Have you heard anyone doing that before? The difference here is there was crime happening at the BLVD, which hurt businesses, which hurt the reputation of the shopping center, which cause the county to increase police presence. You don't add police presence off of two "isolated" situations.

Whether you see that as a real concern or not, that's reality. I'm not suggesting that Ritchie Station will be that way, I am speaking strictly about D&B. D&B attracts a certain demographic that is prone to be violent. It's not necessarily the area, as much as it's the type of establishment. The same people you see in a place like D&B and Sideline, you won't see in Chuck E. Cheese, Golden Corral, Big Lots, Dollar Tree or whatever other store is in either shopping center. The point is, as you just stated, the same unruly individuals that were in Uno's or the Sideline that night are more likely to go into D&B than any of the current establishments.
Has there been any shootings at BLVD since then (sideline included) either? What's the diffrence in what were saying-

Old 02-20-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Has there been any shootings at BLVD since then (sideline included) either? What's the diffrence in what were saying-
There were two incidents versus the one you keep bringing up in Columbia and a number of other crimes. Again, do police set up substations for two supposedly "isolated" incidents? Yes or No Rob?

Old 02-20-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
There were two incidents versus the one you keep bringing up in Columbia and a number of other crimes. Again, do police set up substations for two supposedly "isolated" incidents? Yes or No Rob?
Come on man- of course they are going to set it up after the fact, especially once they realized they were on the verge of losing the publics trust in safety- What's the point?

Once again, I'm sure Columbia Mall has set up extra safety measures as well after the mass shooting? I dont spend a lot of time up there but i'm sure the local cops are sepdning more time hanging around hot topics instead of Foot Locker now-

Old 02-20-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
As a matter of fact bro- it's not that much of a diffence in crime in columbia Vs Largo FYI- and especially with largo having Metro Access at multiple points

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 02-25-2015 at 06:56 AM..

Old 02-20-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Come on man- of course they are going to set it up after the fact, especially once they realized they were on the verge of losing the publics trust in safety- What's the point?

Once again, I'm sure Columbia Mall has set up extra safety measures as well after the mass shooting? I dont spend a lot of time up there but i'm sure the local cops are sepdning more time hanging around hot topics instead of Foot Locker now-
But did Columbia Mall get a substation after this one incident?

You aren't using any facts you are just expressing your opinion.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
As a matter of fact bro- it's not that much of a diffence in crime in columbia Vs Largo FYI- and especially with largo having Metro Access at multiple points

Lol

You are so bias. This information contradicts your argument. I am convinced at this point you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Make note, I am not trying to compare the two places folks, I'm just responding.

How does a place that has 20000 less people and has 70 more violent crimes, is considered the same safety wise?

Last edited by Yac; 02-25-2015 at 06:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland