Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can someone give me some ideas?
Where can I go? 1 100.00%
What are my chances of finding someplace to live? 0 0%
Is there a townhome or apartment available? 0 0%
How much money and time will it take me? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,305 times

Advertisements

I have had problems trying to find a place to move to in Silver Spring, Rockville, Wheaton, Bethesda, Olney, etc... because of my credit and what happened while I was married and then after the divorce. I have 2 girls and I am unable to rent anywhere unless I have a co-signer, I have no one that is willing to do that for me. I have been told by several landlords that, "You are still a young attractive girl you can get a man to help you." This is an insult to me that I would lower myself to that standard just to have a place to stay. There are some of us so called, "attractive" females that want to do this on our own. I have had to stay with relatives until I am able to find something. I need to find someplace to move to that is not going to cost me an arm and both my legs to pay for and someplace that does not weigh everything on credit. I have tried room mate sharing and I was told not to do that because of my girls and the sick people out here in the world. So I am stuck with no where to go. Can somone help me find a place in these areas to move to? I have tried the County but all their programs are closed until next year. I was also told about some companies that rent the apartment for people and the renter pays the company. This would be good as long as it is a reputable company.
Signed Homeless!!!!!!//pics3.city-data.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 07:10 PM

123 posts, read 381,291 times
Is there a reason you need to be in that area?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 PM

230 posts, read 859,814 times
Have you contacted Montgomery Housing Partnership? Perhaps they can give you some suggestions.

Montgomery Housing Partnership (MHP) (broken link)

You might have better luck with a private landlord than a management company. Look for someone who has a condo they want to rent out -- rent.com is a good source (less sketchy than Craigslist).

Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 PM

9 posts, read 27,040 times
I can help you. You may have to put down a double security deposit. Can you verify previous rental history? How many bedrooms? Is that area a must?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,969 times
What you can do instead of looking to rent an Apartment try condo's or townhouses.

What is your price range?

Old 07-02-2008, 06:28 PM

471 posts, read 1,830,120 times
of all, I was a "tester" for the Fair Housing Council and anybody saying that to you is illegal. They cannot say that to you, it is more than insulting let along unappropriate. Second, have you tried the Washington Post? Privately owned rentals may be a good shot for you. We lucked up in another county using a private rental. WE rented a house for the same amount as a 3 bedroom apartment.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:07 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,969 times
How much can you afford? What is your Minimum-maximum?
If you want help you might have to list your price range then we can tell you what area is within your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland