Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:36 AM

687 posts, read 915,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
We have our ignorant Teabagger governor until 2018 so at least until then.
I fail to see how Hogan is ignorant. Your classification of everyone that you deem to be a "teabagger" as ignorant shows your own close-mindedness. I am economically conservative and very supportive of marijuana legalization.

I am fairly Libertarian minded so I guess I'm a "teabagger" as you call me, yet I'm far more intelligent and observant than most. I don't wish to impinge upon civilized and hard-working individuals. I do wish others would stop stealing from me and impinging upon my rights because they are unable to take care of themselves or live responsibly.

I did vote for Hogan. What did Anthony Brown bring to the table other than more failed policies of kowtowing to unions, developers and the federal government, not to mention bringing the anti-business, anti-work, anti-white and anti-male mindsets so prevalent among democrat politicians these days?

Do I think Hogan will reject "pro-pot" legislation? Probably, but then so will 95% of politicians for political reasons. Brown certainly would as well. Mizeur probably would have been somewhat supportive. Most politicians of either mainstream party are stooges who feel the need to cater to the wishes of stodgy and increasingly insecure Boomers, who for some reason forgot what it was like growing up in the 60's and 70's.

I don't expect marijuana reform to happen in MD for the next decade, and by then I plan to be outta here anyway: hopefully to a state like South Dakota or Wyoming for a little land and peace of mind. CO would be close enough I can snag a bag or ten without having to live amongst the increasing tax burden and Californication of that state. SD and WY have no state income tax by the way, and I don't expect will become flooded by Cali-escapees in the next 20-30 years the way AZ, NV and CO have been (bringing their failed policies (except MJ reform) with them).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 10:37 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Why, don't you think Kathleen KENNEDY Townsend would be a good Senator?
I didn't say that (though the basic "unqualified" still applies).

As to being disturbed by KKT showing interest in running...
that's for the same basic reasons I didn't support her run for Governor.

Big Money Squeezes out the best candidates and leaves us with Hobson Choices like her (& Brown).
Which in MD are all the R's have needed to vote in their b'hoy (Agnew Ehrlich Hogan).

As to who might be the best choice for US Senate... I'm leaning toward Heather.
Certainly in preference to Van Hollen.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:48 PM

1,261 posts, read 692,686 times
Quote:
In your mouth or did you let it out?

Why, don't you think Kathleen KENNEDY townsend would be a good Senator?
She has a pretty great resume, but she lost to a Republican Governor, first time in almost 40 years. I mean, how do you do that?? That made no sense....

Old 03-08-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
We have our ignorant Teabagger governor until 2018 so at least until then.
Thank God for that!

You can't have one party dominate a State, or a country for that matter. You need different points of view, differnet solutions, otherwise you get stale. Even though Hogan emblished the numbers, you have Fortune 500 companies going elsewhere....

Old 03-08-2015, 01:52 PM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
She has a pretty great resume, but she lost to a Republican Governor, first time in almost 40 years. I mean, how do you do that?? That made no sense....
I don't know. You could ask Anthony Brown.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I don't know. You could ask Anthony Brown.
Good point, but I do think that things are a little different today, then when she ran. Still, a liberal democrat should win, and win handedly in Maryland.....She picked a horrible running mate, not sure what Brown did wrong.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
Good point, but I do think that things are a little different today, then when she ran. Still, a liberal democrat should win, and win handedly in Maryland.....She picked a horrible running mate, not sure what Brown did wrong.
Neither does he, which is telling.

I underlined the mindset which led to it.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Neither does he, which is telling.

I underlined the mindset which led to it.
Its either, they were sick of O'malley and didnt want a clone for the next 4 years, or he didnt campaign properly (in the right neighborhoods, counties, etc),. I was so overjoyed about Hogan's victory I didnt read up on WHY Brown lost.... I know that KKT picked a horrible running mate, but I'm not sure thats what did her in....she was just a horrible candidate with a famous name. I saw her speak once and afterwards, I just knew she wouldnt win.....

Old 03-08-2015, 04:16 PM

Here is what I am saying, look at all this money!! Who could resist that, especially tax and spend Democrats??

7 Stunning Figures That Sum Up Colorado's Marijuana Market
By Sean Williams | More Articles

$699 million in combined sales
In 2014, recreational and medical marijuana brought in $699 million in total sales for the state of Colorado. Comparatively, this was 21% higher than the $578 million in marijuana sales estimated before the year began, according to the Legislative Council of the Colorado General

$76 million in combined tax and licensing revenue
More importantly, the previously mentioned $699 million in sales translated into $63 million in tax revenue for the state, as well as an additional $13 million in licensing revenue to legally sell the product.

One of the primary reasons marijuana was legalized on both the recreational and marijuana front was to help the state bridge budget its gap. This combined $76 million could ensure that government workers keep their jobs, or it may even be used to help support the state's Obamacare marketplace exchange, which costs an estimated $26 million per year to operate and maintain

It also helped the local real estate industry.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:31 PM

Adm. Larsen didn't have that much of an impact. You hit on what did, both she and Brown were poor candidates who treated the race as a coronation rather than an election.

Both also followed Governors who had pretty much worn out their welcomes and who both had some unpopular policy baggage. In Glendening's case it was Smart Growth while O'Malley had PlanMD. There were other things like both being serial tax increasers that Ehrlich and Hogan both hammered on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland