Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 01:34 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
THIS IS ALSO 100% TRUE!!!!! NW DC IS REALLY SHOULD APART OF CHEVY CHASE, MD AND BETHESDA, MD HOW CLOSE BOTH PLACES REFLECT ONE ANOTHER!!!
I agree. To someone not from the area, it is near impossible to discern when one has entered MD driving out of DC from Wisconsin Ave. Really the only way one can tell is by the change in formatting of street signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 03:01 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I agree. To someone not from the area, it is near impossible to discern when one has entered MD driving out of DC from Wisconsin Ave. Really the only way one can tell is by the change in formatting of street signs.
Only chance you'll notice you've crossed into DC from PG via Southern Ave or Eastern Ave is by running into those "Welcome to Washington, DC" signs and/or the change in street signs (as you stated) and/or house lots are smaller in width and more structurally dense (though a lot of the residential neighborhoods in the areas of PG bordering The City have almost similar sized lots.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:13 AM

857 posts, read 1,201,003 times
NoVA is a almost different planet compared to DC and MD.....although MoCo has more in common with NoVA than PG does.....

Old 01-14-2017, 03:23 PM

29 posts, read 37,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
NoVA is a almost different planet compared to DC and MD.....although MoCo has more in common with NoVA than PG does.....
How is it different? I've lived in NoVa and really liked it there except for the traffic. Is MD more chill? We might have a chance to move back and I'm considering MD this time.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:20 PM

76 posts, read 87,087 times
Yea, I wouldn't mind hearing more elaboration on that one.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:14 PM

490 posts, read 924,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diff1 View Post
White D.C. connects more with NOVA but black D.C. connects with Md burbs
I wouldn't say that! I honestly feel white D.C. connect more to Bethesda/Chevy Chase than Nova. When you drive through Georgetown and then head back up to Bethesda you get the same vibe.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:49 AM

1,261 posts, read 694,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
I read some responses on City-data that Maryland has a better relationship with Washington D.C. not just based on history but culturally...That Northern Virginia is seperate all together from the bond between Maryland/DC...Is this true?
I think Virginia used to be a Red State, but not so much anymore, at least in Northern VA. I also think there is a hyped up storyline that VA poaches MD's big tenants. Again, to me, that is just hype. Virginia doesnt need to take Maryland's tenants, such as Marriot, or pay them a fool's ransom to get them. They are doing really well across the river.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:21 PM

1,223 posts, read 2,266,847 times
Virginian here. I certainly agree that MD is closer in connection to DC. That being said, I feel that the business end of DC is much more connected with Virginia (however that doesn't carry over culture). Downtown DC has a river barrier but The Pentagon, Crystal City and Rosslyn very much carry over Downtown DC's starting point. The Iwo Jima Memorial, Arlington Cemetary, and Air Force memorials carry over the mall in a sense. Also, Fashion Centre at Pentagon City is "DC's mall" chuck full of the tacky tourists that it brings. Though it's easy to see MD's stronger connection, I think the gap is not as wide as this thread makes it seem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland