U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:36 PM

4 posts, read 14,373 times

Advertisements

There are some nicer areas in Mitchellville, Upper Marlboro, and Bowie... yet I still had my car stolen outside my friends house in an upscale neighborhood in one of those areas. Overall, if you are curious, you better have the money to live in a nice area and make sure security is on point.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 PM

217 posts, read 731,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
I do not believe in giving hard working citizens money away to those who just want to lay on their backs all day long and not wanting to work. We have to realize that poor or low income families are in all race. I remember seeing a white couple and their 3 children who live in a motel and can not afford to feed their children, it was sad to see chldren beg for food. The children were dirty looking,hungry and the father was a drunk who would beat the mother in front of the children. Stories like this are in every race so I do not understand why only point on one race.

Truthhurts: you seem to love calling black children Millitant but to many no matter how much wealth your family have or the size of home to many your children are nothing but black millitant children. I hate it when people point fingers at little children and call them names. You disgust me with that. its something else to call a grown man or woman name but children. I bet right now to some of your white business partners or friends when you step out the room they might be calling you that black *****. But here you are pointing fingers at other blacks when other race might be calling you those exact names you calling your own people. You do know some people only see the color and know matter how you try to prove you are different, no matter how much education you think you might have to many you will still and always be that black *****. Its the truth and blacks are starting to live for ourself now and can careless what you or other whites think because they have their own issues too. We all do so is it fair to only point at another while not judging ourselves.
Missy Iscalder,
You are aware that Troofhurts has claimed to be black, don't you?

You remind me of the Wayan bros trying to use big words in an old Living Color skit.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:58 AM

1,950 posts, read 4,202,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfister View Post
Missy Iscalder,
You are aware that Troofhurts has claimed to be black, don't you?

You remind me of the Wayan bros trying to use big words in an old Living Color skit.
I don't know. That's a lot of reading to go through all the posts and find the one that the person has proclaimed their race. That might be a daunting task for someone who criticized someone for reading ... drum roll please ... 30 BOOKS A YEAR!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:04 PM

5 posts, read 14,900 times
Actually, I like PG over Howard anyday. I used to work up on Howard County and the white people up there are very prejudiced in comparison with white people in other counties. I like Anne Arundel County better but the commute would be longer and Howard County is not that affluent, it's just more pretentious. I agree about the schools but more so than the kids it is the administration who is cluess and likes to bury their head in the sand. Also, some of them (black ones) actually like to perpetuate a kind of ghetto mentality among lower and working class black kids. As a former teacher in PG myself, I know. But Bowie is nice and has good schools and so us Upper Marlboro. As for Montgomery, to me it's overrated. Waaaay overrated. Bethesda is filled with a lot of pretentious people and the rest of Montgomery has left me unimpressed. Besides there are a lot of down areas in Montgomery too as far as property values is concered and people are less friendly.

Last edited by Domini24; 12-31-2008 at 12:13 PM..

Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 PM

I am black and a lot of black children in PG and in America in General but let's focus on PG are militant, overly militant I would say. It's good for black people to be proud of themselves and love their culture but these kids (and they get the ignorance from their parents/family/friends) are militant rebels without a cause. They are mostly just angry, angry as injustices (some real, most perceived that they feel has been inflicted on them). Most of them are Willfully ignorant to a fault and refuse, absolutely refuse to take advantage of some really good opportunities put in front of them. So while all black kids are not militant most are but to me is seems to be more that they are locked into a mode of victimization that they used to avoid responsibility, accoutibility, and even basic human decency. I am black and taught in PG county schools so I know. Don't get me wrong, white, hispanic and asian children have problems too, but with a lot of black kids they are handicaping themselves by staying locked in this mode of thinking because they are not learning and falling behind. Now this is not all black kids but a sizable majority.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:26 PM

Truthhurts: you seem to love calling black children Millitant but to many no matter how much wealth your family have or the size of home to many your children are nothing but black millitant children. I hate it when people point fingers at little children and call them names. You disgust me with that. its something else to call a grown man or woman name but children. I bet right now to some of your white business partners or friends when you step out the room they might be calling you that black *****. But here you are pointing fingers at other blacks when other race might be calling you those exact names you calling your own people. You do know some people only see the color and know matter how you try to prove you are different, no matter how much education you think you might have to many you will still and always be that black *****. Its the truth and blacks are starting to live for ourself now and can careless what you or other whites think because they have their own issues too. We all do so is it fair to only point at another while not judging ourselves.Missy Iscalder,

I am sorry but I have to agree that a lot of black children in PG and in America in general are very militant or rather i'd say angry. But they are rebels without causes and without a clue. I am black and used to teach in PG county and a lot of the black students I had were very militant in terms that they wanted to used violence and taunts at teachers and other students as ways to get out of doing work and learning in general. This was not all black kids but a sizable number. The problem that I think is that unfortunately some black people (and this has spilled over to their kids) take and use some of the historic injustices that haved happened to black people in America and use it for their own personal gain/reasons. The kids I taught were no exception. Many of them there was nothing wrong with them but they would make up or exacerbate a victimization status to get out of doing homework, to justify cheating on tests, and being illiterate (many could barely spell or write a coherent sentence in the 9th grade). The black administration are many times just as ignorant and perpetuate this kind of ghetto mentality and most of the white teachers don't care, they just want to get a paycheck.

The sad part is that these children are a) cheating themselves because by not learning and accepting repsonibility and accountibility for their actions, they are putting themselves farther behind in terms of being able to be successful in the job market b) are actually bringing down the black community by playing games and remaining willfully ignorant and glorifying crime and thuggery. They grow up and they don't contribute too but bring down the black community. c) Make it easier for white, asian whatever kind of kids to shine and therefore perpetuate the stereotype that black kids are not intelligent.

Until black parents and the community get these kids in hand and straighten them out they will continue to be like this because the biggest influence of children is their parents/family/community. Until these kids get reigned in PG schools and most predominately black schools will continue to suffer.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 PM

54 posts, read 197,107 times
Well there is planned development in the county and a lot has happened in recent years. unless you plan on living directly next to a subway station is about the safest thing you can do..forget about it. This illegid affluence does not exist. The county houses the most crime and poverty in the state. You'll find few signs of any type of affluence so if I were you I'd look elsewhere. PG County is not special enough to make a conscious effort to deliberately move across the country there unless you just are trying to work in DC and want to pay less money for housing.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:04 PM

316 posts, read 1,073,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by javonnibrustow View Post
Well there is planned development in the county and a lot has happened in recent years. unless you plan on living directly next to a subway station is about the safest thing you can do..forget about it. This illegid affluence does not exist. The county houses the most crime and poverty in the state. You'll find few signs of any type of affluence so if I were you I'd look elsewhere. PG County is not special enough to make a conscious effort to deliberately move across the country there unless you just are trying to work in DC and want to pay less money for housing.
There are no affluent areas in PG County? Have you ever been to Mitchellville, Woodmore, Lake Arbor, Upper Marlboro, Bowie, etc? I'm well aware that there are dangerous parts of the county, but saying that there are no nice areas there is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland