Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,004 times

Advertisements

I recently move to Prince Georges county maryland from Washington Dc North West DC and I love Prince Goerges Maryland. I live in Upper Marlboro near 301 and all the homes where i live are over $750,000 dollars. They are completeing developing the area Nothing but new homes. No one in my community have never been robbed. I have never heard gun shot, or heard of any violence. If you buy a cheap home or pay cheat rent you will live in a bad neighborhood. If someone had to purchase a home now in my surrounding neighborhood it will run you 1.2 million dollars. So people stop acting like Pg is nothing but a big ghetto neighborhood. The folks in my community are very educated black people. So I am so upset that people would talk about a commuinty that is all black and think oh its mostly blacks that live their so its nothing but violence and thye are so wrong. Prince Georges county is just like any ohter county if you want to buy a $200,000 dollars house guess what you are going to live in a not so good neighborhood.

Prince Georges county have plenty of black millionaires and trust me I know a few. My community have range from Doctors,Lawyers,BusinessOwners, Government employees,One of president Bush secret service men,Principals,I can go one. I feel bad for who ever lives in a violent neighborhood maybe you need to purchase one of the 1.2 million dollar home and you will feel safe and live in a excellent commuinty just like my family and I do.

I hate it when people think that all black people are poor and not educated but I have news for all of you who think this way because their are so many wealthy blacks who lives in Pg county who are living the life of white. My opinion is I donot have to live with the white people to live in a good community and I living the life here in pg county. If i want to play golf its 2 minutes away from my home, if I want to go for a jog i can jog in our community walk trail, we have everything in my commuinty. We are so safe here. I was living in North West Washington DC for 4 yrs and out of that 4 yrs my husband and I car got broken into 2 times they robbed our home onces and I was scaried for my life knowing i could of died while pregnant when our home got broken into. My next door neighbors car got stolen twice. The home 3 doors down a drug dealer lives their his house got raided along with his mom. My other neighbor when he first moved into the neighborhood his house got borken into twice as well. NW washington Dc historic Takoma Park have always been the good neighborhood where alot of people are dying to live but i had the worst experience to where even if someone pay me I would never move to Washington Dc and this was 2005-2006 when all of this happened. SO see people every where have violence and is not perfect but you have to find the nice commuinty to where low income or criminals forks regardless of color can afford that is why if the house cost less then $700,000 dollars I will not move into that commuinty. For those who a say Prince Georges county is horrible they live in the poor areas if you live in the poor areas of course you going to have horrible experiences. It just the same as a friend of mine who ive in Montgomery county Silver soring and across form her home is a rental community in 2006 their were 6 murders so it deoend on where in ever county you live. I live inthe wealthy part of Prince Georges so I have nothing but good experiences. Over here we have everything in our community 250 acre golf course,pool,community center,walk trail,Tennis court and this is within our community.

If you are planning to move to Pg here are places to move to that are really nice and I would live: Bowie ,Upper Marlboro,Branywine,Fort Washington which is getting so expensive due to the New National Harbour.

Areas I would never move to:
Hyattsville, Capitol Heights,District Heights,Temple Hills,Oxon Hill,

Old 05-03-2007, 05:50 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
lscalder I am happy for you but the problem I have with the county is its lack of amenities that go with living in upper middle class neighborhoods in the county. On a recent visit to the Mitchellville/Lake Arbor area I did indeed notice beautiful homes but once again nothing but run of the mill stores and restaurants. Applebee's, Shoppers Food Warehouse, Golden Corral, Shoe Pavillion, Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds. Even Gaithersburg has a Lord & Taylor. You know where I would live If I ever move back? I like Chevy Chase Maryland. Beautiful old homes, mature trees, easy access to D.C. and the great stores and restaurants of Friendship Heights are a stones throw away.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 PM

109 posts, read 617,942 times
Default think bigger

I have been in Prince Georges County for 31 years and I've never been as optimistic as I am now. There is so much potential in this County and many things are already moving in the right direction. We now have a brilliant and passionate CEO of schools in Dr. John Deasy. He has made a significant impact in just his first year. There are plans underway for a $9 billion redevelopment effort in the area around Andrews Air Force Base to turn it into a "technology corridor" that would bring a tremendous amount of business dollars into the County. There's a strong possibility that the Department of Homeland Security will eventually relocate near Andrews along with the Maryland Department of Homeland Security. Some small corporations have set up their headquarters here in the last year and that's extremely encouraging. The County is actively working to convince GSA to move some government agencies here so we aren't all communting elsewere to work (60% of us commute outside the County).

While I have never been the victim of any crime, I am aware that crime is one of the biggest issues we face along with schools. That just means we have work to do. I personally do not care about the lack of malls and restaurants. If we do our work, those things will come. National Harbor is an example of that. The only reason I was able to attend college and live a very comfortable life - the reason for the affluence in this County - is that others marched and died to get us here. I'm constantly striving to be worthy of that history and my ancestors. We cannot afford to keep running from each other. We have a lot to build on right here.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:47 AM

471 posts, read 1,829,880 times
Everybody says "poor areas" like PG really have any affordable areas... I'm not poor but I still can't afford to live in a "poor area". it's just ridiculously expensive and not worth it.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,004 times
Roadtripgurl please explain to me why do you think pg county is more. So I guess every area,city,person in pg county is more. Number one the mortgage i pay a month 4,000 dollars is not poor. regardless of what you ignorant people say about pg county i still love pg county. I have never experience any crime in pg county. My community is 100% safe. I love the fact that people like Roadtripgurl cannot affort to live in my community because i bet you would hate to live among wealth blacks. The national harbor is now open. The national harbor is nothing like any thing on the east coast. The National Harbor is in pg county with nothing but 100% upscale shopping and resturant and homes. i am planning on selling my home to move close to the harbor. If any one know of a good community in fort washington to move to let me know. It have to be a new community my husband and I are looking in the price range of 1.2 million dollars. I have been looking up the street from my home now in upper marlboro but i am more interest in moving to a new area in pg like fort washington. I need 7500 square my home now is 5500 square feet and i am so over that size. But back to what i was saying I love pg county to see my blacks doing it big buying big homes living a big life style such as golfing which are in almost all the new community thats why homes are getting expensive because of what communities now offers.
All the communities I have been looking to love in pg county all have communities ammenities such as golf course, rec centers,pools,lakes,walk trails such as my community. Why hate on black we are just living the American dream. The media have always been rascist to blacks and other race. The media only talk about poo blacks along with poor black communities why. I have yet to watch tv and hear them talking about wealthy black neighborhoods and wealthy blacks. I would hate to be a poor white person because they get left out in the world. Poor whites never get talk about. The media is trying to make white race as been the best race and all whites are rich and educated. I see why all the white kids are going to shool and shooting up the schools because they are been left out of the world.

Now blacks are starting to see we donot need the white race no more we can make it on our own and live like a wealthy white man because my family is living the american dream. Its nice to see your entire neighborhood driving nothing but benz loving it. Blacks are moving up in the social ladder in maryland and are all moving to pg county to make it like montgomery county. Now with wealthy blacks moving to pg county the county and developers are building upscale everything for us to stay and we are staying. Pg county 5 yrs from now will be way better then montgomery county. See what people need to understand with montgomery county is that they have all the MS13 gangs and in Gaitherburg they are building for the poor hispanics who love gangs so lets see what that dos for montgomery county crime rate.

There are bad areas in pg county which I will but thats in every county. Pg county nice areas which I love. What made me move to pg county was when I first visited a friend in Woodmoor community in Bowie it was so beautiful I told my husband lets sell our home in dc which was all white and infested with crime i almost got killed while pregnant. So we move to Upper Marlboro in a new community in 2006 and love it i will only live in pg county and no where else

Old 05-11-2007, 02:40 PM

471 posts, read 1,829,880 times
You are delusional. I never said I hated on black people and the American dream. It sound like you are racists towards whites. So what, whoo hoo you are happy. Why should living like a white man mean something? You should live like you want to be happy... You sound like you need some therapy, sounding so racists its' a shame for anyone to be like that, it's pure hatred...

Old 05-11-2007, 02:55 PM

176 posts, read 278,332 times
He or she is not being racist. They are just letting other ignorant fools out there know that there are very nice communities in the area. not all is bad like Hyattsville, District Heights and the surrounding areas. We dont have to be in a white neighborhood to be safe. I don`t want to be in a all white neighborhood. That would be so don`t even know the word but no thansk Some type of diversity thank you.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:17 PM

12 posts, read 63,718 times
Iscalder epitomizes the pathetic and ignorant attitude that people have in Prince George’s County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
I have never experience any crime in pg county
Then you must have neither eyes nor ears.

Quote:
The national harbor is now open. The national harbor is nothing like any thing on the east coast
Why, you are absolutely right. No one in the United States, no, the World, will see a more wretched waste of several billions dollars as the National Harbor becomes a grotesque slum of uneducated criminals. You know the type.

Quote:
It have to be a new community my husband and I are looking in the price range of 1.2 million dollars
Fabulous, although I highly doubt someone that uses such pitiful grammar as you could afford a 1.2 million dollar house. Usually people with only a high school education cannot afford a house like that. You really are the perfect ethnic stereotype, butchering the English language in such a way. Just because you have some inkling of money (assuming you actually do) doesn’t mean you have any class – whatsoever.

Quote:
The media only talk about poo blacks
What? Please get an education. I suggest several lessons in etiquette also.

Quote:
I see why all the white kids are going to shool and shooting up the schools because they are been left out of the world.
Very hypocritical of you, just for your information, due to the amount of “white” persons residing in this country, they are the most statistically significant race to be the gunman in a school shooting. A black person just hasn’t done that yet, they just shoot other black people in PG County, remember?

Quote:
Now blacks are starting to see we donot need the white race no more we can make it on our own and live like a wealthy white man because my family is living the american dream.
A standard that white people have set; so do you like acting white?

Quote:
Pg county 5 yrs from now will be way better then montgomery county.
Keep dreaming.

Quote:
white and infested
Oh, really? DC has the highest concentration of blacks in the country. Isn’t that an odd thing to say?

Old 05-11-2007, 04:07 PM

175 posts, read 733,616 times
Quote:
Roadtripgurl please explain to me why do you think pg county is more. So I guess every area,city,person in pg county is more. Number one the mortgage i pay a month 4,000 dollars is not poor. regardless of what you ignorant people say about pg county i still love pg county. I have never experience any crime in pg county. My community is 100% safe. I love the fact that people like Roadtripgurl cannot affort to live in my community because i bet you would hate to live among wealth blacks. The national harbor is now open. The national harbor is nothing like any thing on the east coast. The National Harbor is in pg county with nothing but 100% upscale shopping and resturant and homes. i am planning on selling my home to move close to the harbor. If any one know of a good community in fort washington to move to let me know. It have to be a new community my husband and I are looking in the price range of 1.2 million dollars. I have been looking up the street from my home now in upper marlboro but i am more interest in moving to a new area in pg like fort washington. I need 7500 square my home now is 5500 square feet and i am so over that size. But back to what i was saying I love pg county to see my blacks doing it big buying big homes living a big life style such as golfing which are in almost all the new community thats why homes are getting expensive because of what communities now offers.
All the communities I have been looking to love in pg county all have communities ammenities such as golf course, rec centers,pools,lakes,walk trails such as my community. Why hate on black we are just living the American dream. The media have always been rascist to blacks and other race. The media only talk about poo blacks along with poor black communities why. I have yet to watch tv and hear them talking about wealthy black neighborhoods and wealthy blacks. I would hate to be a poor white person because they get left out in the world. Poor whites never get talk about. The media is trying to make white race as been the best race and all whites are rich and educated. I see why all the white kids are going to shool and shooting up the schools because they are been left out of the world.

Now blacks are starting to see we donot need the white race no more we can make it on our own and live like a wealthy white man because my family is living the american dream. Its nice to see your entire neighborhood driving nothing but benz loving it. Blacks are moving up in the social ladder in maryland and are all moving to pg county to make it like montgomery county. Now with wealthy blacks moving to pg county the county and developers are building upscale everything for us to stay and we are staying. Pg county 5 yrs from now will be way better then montgomery county. See what people need to understand with montgomery county is that they have all the MS13 gangs and in Gaitherburg they are building for the poor hispanics who love gangs so lets see what that dos for montgomery county crime rate.

There are bad areas in pg county which I will but thats in every county. Pg county nice areas which I love. What made me move to pg county was when I first visited a friend in Woodmoor community in Bowie it was so beautiful I told my husband lets sell our home in dc which was all white and infested with crime i almost got killed while pregnant. So we move to Upper Marlboro in a new community in 2006 and love it i will only live in pg county and no where else

lscalder, wow, I agree with a few things here and there in your statement, but seriously you really should not call yourself an upper class black person. I agree your grammar is awful. I'm not going to come down on you, but what is with living like a "wealthy white man?" I mean after laughing at that line i'm still wondering what you were getting at. Being upper class has less to do with the amount of money you "spend" or have. For example. People who are considerd upper class would come under the following;

Attended College (could be a top notch private college or a public)
Typically tend to have an advance degree such as a masters, or a phd
Have parents who are well educated and college graduates
Work professional white collar jobs (Lawyer, doctor, dentist, executive, own a company, possibly work on wall-street)

In terms of class money has little to do with what defines your class. Remember in America you can only move up in class you cannot move down. (i.e. Donald Trump could loose all of his money and he would never act like a poor person etc his grammar wouldn't all of a sudden go to crap, nor would he like social etiquette or renounce any of his current social graces. The only difference would be what's in his bank account)

Now just because you have money does not automatically put you in the upper class or the wealthy class. I mean example (Puff Daddy - no one would consider Puff Daddy "upper class" although he has money and is wealthy, but he lacks a number of social graces and does not have the best grammar etc, so even though he has money he would not be eating dinner with the queen (not literally just a phrase).

Old 05-11-2007, 04:14 PM

175 posts, read 733,616 times
[quote=Sparian;703189]Iscalder epitomizes the pathetic and ignorant attitude that people have in Prince George’s County.

A standard that white people have set; so do you like acting white?

Sparian, I had to respond to this when i saw it. I'm so sick of both whites and blacks using the term "acting white" when blacks are doing what they should be doing. I'm sorry whites do not have a monopoly on success nor do blacks have a monopoly on failure. Acting successful or with class is in no way a form of acting white. In fact considering that black americans are basically a product of either successful whites or poor whites i'd considerd most inner city thug black youth's to be acting white. Their grammar which has been called "ebonics" in popular culture is derived not from blacks, but from poor southern whites, which is where the bulk of blacks learned their poor english grammar. How do we know this??? Well, simple you think Africans in Africa we saying "we be der" or "can you do dis" or my favorite poor white southern grammar "let me axe you a question"...the answer is a resounding NO!!

However poor southern white farmers used this sort of grammar in the south which is where the bulk of the american born black population lived, so as usual since they were not educated properly they picked up what their masters and slave handlers used and sadly to say it has stuck for some both white and black. It sad that the libral media parades this poor souther white grammar used by black around as culturally "black" language. Has anybody ever stopped to think about it ever!! I mean if you take a Russian child from Russia when they're born and move them to America, are they going to speak Russian??? or are they going to pick up the language and grammar of the people around them?

Anyway, closing statement BLACK AMERICANS ARE ALWAYS ACTING WHITE!!! THEIR EITHER ACTING WITH THE GOOD QUALITIES OF SUCCESSFUL WHITES OR THEIR ACTING LIKE THE BAD QUALITIES OF UNSUCCESSFUL WHITES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland