Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2016, 01:19 PM

20 posts, read 33,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Thanks for the info. Not a bad builder. It would be nice to get an idea of what the homes will look like.
The development will be called the Towns at Riverdale Park Station.

Stanley Martin Homes Ranked No. 4 Among Homebuilders in the Washington DC Metro Area by Washington Business Journal

I found some technical staff reports for the DSP that had architectural renderings of the homes. Recent notes of University Park council meetings note that a revision to the DSP was submitted this summer with improved renderings that match the character of the surrounding buildings. It looks like MNCPPC was not in favor of the proposed 16 foot models, but were OK with the 18 and 20 foot models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 01:28 PM

20 posts, read 33,377 times
More information I received via e-mail:

Thank you for making Stanley Martin Homes part of your new home search and for registering on our website regarding your interest in Towns at Riverdale Park Station – COMING SOON by Stanley Martin Homes in the Town of Riverdale, MD (Prince George’s County/near College Park & Hyattsville) – in which we’ll be offering brand new, urban-style Townhomes that feature smart and open floorplans off Baltimore Ave., less than a mile from University of Maryland and the College Park Metro (and MARC Train Stop), only 2 miles from the Baltimore-Washington Parkway and only 3 miles to Washington, DC. Conveniently located on-site is shopping, dining, fitness and recreation (to include and new Whole Foods, Restaurants, a Hiking/Biking Trail, a Nature Trail & Tot Lots).

We are still in the process of reviewing the floorplans/blueprints, pricing, etc. – however, we’ll be featuring 119 total Townhomes and offering newly designed models/floorplans that will feature 1-2 car garages and decks. Pricing is still be reviewed and will be announced once we open for sale – which we currently anticipate occurring in the fall of this year (2016) – however, we anticipate our Townhomes will start from the low $400s at this point in time. Please note that all this info. regarding products, pricing, when we hope to open for sale, etc. is still fluid.

We are currently are putting together a V.I.P. List for all those who are interested in receiving additional info. and updates as we get closer to opening for sale and to be one of the first contacted for a V.I.P Appointment (in which you’ll have the opportunity to be one of the first to view our floorplans/blueprints, take advantage of V.I.P pricing/incentives and have 1st choice of homesites released).

Old 09-12-2016, 01:58 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,571,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavensbee View Post
The development will be called the Towns at Riverdale Park Station.

Stanley Martin Homes Ranked No. 4 Among Homebuilders in the Washington DC Metro Area by Washington Business Journal

I found some technical staff reports for the DSP that had architectural renderings of the homes. Recent notes of University Park council meetings note that a revision to the DSP was submitted this summer with improved renderings that match the character of the surrounding buildings. It looks like MNCPPC was not in favor of the proposed 16 foot models, but were OK with the 18 and 20 foot models.
Thanks!

Old 09-13-2016, 05:52 AM

662 posts, read 783,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavensbee View Post
More information I received via e-mail:

Thank you for making Stanley Martin Homes part of your new home search and for registering on our website regarding your interest in Towns at Riverdale Park Station – COMING SOON by Stanley Martin Homes in the Town of Riverdale, MD (Prince George’s County/near College Park & Hyattsville) – in which we’ll be offering brand new, urban-style Townhomes that feature smart and open floorplans off Baltimore Ave., less than a mile from University of Maryland and the College Park Metro (and MARC Train Stop), only 2 miles from the Baltimore-Washington Parkway and only 3 miles to Washington, DC. Conveniently located on-site is shopping, dining, fitness and recreation (to include and new Whole Foods, Restaurants, a Hiking/Biking Trail, a Nature Trail & Tot Lots).

We are still in the process of reviewing the floorplans/blueprints, pricing, etc. – however, we’ll be featuring 119 total Townhomes and offering newly designed models/floorplans that will feature 1-2 car garages and decks. Pricing is still be reviewed and will be announced once we open for sale – which we currently anticipate occurring in the fall of this year (2016) – however, we anticipate our Townhomes will start from the low $400s at this point in time. Please note that all this info. regarding products, pricing, when we hope to open for sale, etc. is still fluid.

We are currently are putting together a V.I.P. List for all those who are interested in receiving additional info. and updates as we get closer to opening for sale and to be one of the first contacted for a V.I.P Appointment (in which you’ll have the opportunity to be one of the first to view our floorplans/blueprints, take advantage of V.I.P pricing/incentives and have 1st choice of homesites released).

119 townhomes. wow

Old 09-18-2016, 06:37 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,653,442 times
I posted this on 04-21-16, and still nothing.

//www.city-data.com/forum/43797170-post58.html

I'll extend the deadline for 6 months until 12-31-16, but also increase the penalty.
If there are no announcements of restaurants taking up the specially created liquor licenses by then, I think that for retailers in general, other than WFM, it will be fair to call the development toxic.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:55 PM

96 posts, read 147,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post

I'll extend the deadline for 6 months until 12-31-16, but also increase the penalty.
If there are no announcements of restaurants taking up the specially created liquor licenses by then, I think that for retailers in general, other than WFM, it will be fair to call the development toxic.
What makes you say that?

Old 09-18-2016, 09:19 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,653,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthfox94 View Post
What makes you say that?
Do a search of my posts in this thread and you'll see that I've done a detailed business analysis on why small in line retailers are likely finding it an unattractive opportunity, hence the difficulty so far in signing leases.

I'll be proved wrong..........eventually. A sucker born everyday.
The longer it takes, the more valid my critique.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:

I think the retail brokers at Riverdale Park Station have done a great job. And while they don't seem to have the, "We need to fill spots, so let anybody sign a lease.", mentality, I think their announcement pace is tracking with the pace of construction. As I said before, there's no need to rack up leases a year in advance if construction won't be completed for another year. Recall what I said about there actually being roads for customers to drive on? And no one is going to want to open before Whole Foods, which will take 7-9 more months to build out. They are going to want that Whole Foods foot traffic.

If the current retail mix is what comes from taking their good ole sweet time, then by all means, let them take as long as they want. Even if you may think it is due to, "toxicity." Which is an interesting choice of words when looking at the quality of the current retail mix.

* = a county first

What you do see:

*1. Whole Foods (enough said)
*2. Hyatt House (an upscale extended stay hotel.)
*3. Burton's Grill (upscale-casual. Think Cheesecake Factory) Not convinced?

Fine Dining Spotlight: Q&A Kevin Harron, cofounder, president and CEO Burtons Grill LLC, Andover, Mass. - Foodservice Equipment & Supplies
Burtons Grill: The chain restaurant in Virginia Beach that doesn't feel like a chain restaurant | Flavor | pilotonline.com
Restaurant Review: Burtons Grill: Local ingredients make for strong links in this chain - Charleston Scene

4. Town Homes built by Stanley Martin (custom builders oft-quoted as above your average production builders)

*5. District Taco (Which has a cult following in the DC area)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...79a_story.html

*6. Habit Burger (constantly compared to burger stalwart In-N-Out)

7. Jersey Mikes (Thank God it's not another Subway)

*8. Bella Beach Spa (Belmont Chase in Ashburn has one)

What you don't see:

1. Aldi
2. Homewood Suites
3. Chili's
4. Town Homes built by Ryan Homes or some other average production builder
5. God foresaken Chinese Carry Out
6. Burger King
7. Subway
8. Your average nail spa as seen in University Town Center

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 09-19-2016 at 02:59 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Do a search of my posts in this thread and you'll see that I've done a detailed business analysis on why small in line retailers are likely finding it an unattractive opportunity, hence the difficulty so far in signing leases.

I'll be proved wrong..........eventually. A sucker born everyday.
The longer it takes, the more valid my critique.
I think that will be a great conversation to have a few years from now.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:08 PM

And this is why I'm bullish on The Riverdale Park Station project from a contextual point-of-view, taking into account what is happening on the rest of the Rt.1 corridor:

Quote:
DC, MARYLAND & VIRGINIA'S HOTTEST CORRIDORS

Route 1, Rockville Pike, Rosslyn-Ballston Corridor
What do they have in common and why are they such hotbeds for development?
https://www.bisnow.com/events/washin...000-0500_dc-re

Hell no I'm not going. I'm not in that circle to want to pay $74 for an event like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland