Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2016, 10:08 AM

340 posts, read 376,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Yes. I think I there is a craft brewery place in Riverdale park
Are you talking about in RPS? or just in Riverdale Park in general. Either way, I'd like to know which place you are talking about.

As far as bars, game watching, etc....I think Burton's will cover that some...they have 4-6 flat screens around the bar at the location in Alexandria and a really nice bar with good happy hour specials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 11:01 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
Are you talking about in RPS? or just in Riverdale Park in general. Either way, I'd like to know which place you are talking about.

As far as bars, game watching, etc....I think Burton's will cover that some...they have 4-6 flat screens around the bar at the location in Alexandria and a really nice bar with good happy hour specials.
The original question was would a craft beer place do well in RP. I said yes. Now, is there already one there? There is already Town Center Market that sells craft beers and even sells beers by the tap in growlers. They have beer tastings, etc.

I'm not sure how many college students are into craft beers as they can be more expensive than the uber-mass-produced beers they can get cheaply.

I think there is enough market demand though for more craft beer outlets like Franklins. Especially one that caters to the younger professional crowd.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:29 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,652,083 times
Town Center Market also has one of the best wine selections in PG. Way better than the piece of........next to the new Safeway on 410.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:55 PM

NOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo!

H&R signed God's Gym.

Maybe they've improved. The last time I was a Gold's Gym member was back in 2004. Does anyone go to Gold's these days? All I want is a hot tub.

I was hoping for a Sport & Health or a Washington Sports Club but I guess Golds is fine.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
NOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo!

H&R signed God's Gym.

Maybe they've improved. The last time I was a Gold's Gym member was back in 2004. Does anyone go to Gold's these days? All I want is a hot tub.

I was hoping for a Sport & Health or a Washington Sports Club but I guess Golds is fine.
I was hoping for a better gym as well, but my only true concern is the size of the space they've rented looks small. Still, I would have been happy with even a Planet Fitness, I just wanted a gym in that complex and am happy to hear it's getting one. Hopefully it will be 24 Hours. I'm sure it will be nice bc it's new.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
I was hoping for a better gym as well, but my only true concern is the size of the space they've rented looks small. Still, I would have been happy with even a Planet Fitness, I just wanted a gym in that complex and am happy to hear it's getting one. Hopefully it will be 24 Hours. I'm sure it will be nice bc it's new.
I'll live if it is a full-service gym. Went to their website and the new Gold's Gyms look pretty decent. THey even have "child-care" while you work out. So, perhaps my wife and I can work out together for once.

Planet Fitness is OK. I'm currently a member. But they are too no-frills for me. I need a steam room or at least a hot tub. My wife enjoys attending classes which Planet Fitness offers none.

Also I see that Gold's Gym still has separate workout rooms for women. That's odd when virtually every other gym doesn't offer it. I guess that could be one their selling points? Just figured society has gotten past the point of women not being able to workout with men.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:04 PM

They have also added Mod Pizza and Starbucks to their updated brochure. The Starbucks will be directly adjacent to Whole Foods with Xfinity on the other side.

http://hrretail.com/dynamic/document...8_brochure.pdf

Old 12-22-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
They have also added Mod Pizza and Starbucks to their updated brochure. The Starbucks will be directly adjacent to Whole Foods with Xfinity on the other side.

http://hrretail.com/dynamic/document...8_brochure.pdf
The images actually show the Gold's Gym is much larger than i'd initially seen, it's the entire second level of building 4, awesome.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:59 PM

662 posts, read 782,508 times
Gold's is not my favorite but if it is new hopefully it will be nice.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:59 AM

720 posts, read 1,554,308 times
Quote:
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo
ooooooooooo!

H&R signed God's Gym.

I moved to Hyattsville but still go to the one near the capitol building at 3rd St. When will this one open?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland