Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:24 PM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInDC View Post
If Hogan really wanted to impress me he would add an outer ring to the Maryland part of the DC beltway. Haha....
A road to nowhere. You essentially have that after the Schaefer upgrade of 301 and the completion of I97.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 08:44 AM

789 posts, read 1,096,184 times
Quote:
If Hogan really wanted to impress me he would add an outer ring to the Maryland part of the DC beltway. Haha....
You mean the ICC?

Old 08-25-2015, 11:56 AM

1,261 posts, read 693,950 times
Quote:
Hard to do that without Northern Virginia's cooperation.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:22 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
What I'd like to see on the Beltway is the addition of 2 lanes each way for E-Z Pass users, like what Virginia has done. I'd also like to see the "Outer Beltway" (the ICC) extended westward across the Potomac River to connect up with the Dulles Airport area. But the folks in Potomac will NEVER allow that to happen. (Maybe they'd be OK if we tunneled under the river instead of building a bridge over it?)

The Bay Bridge, and all of U.S. 50 from Annapolis to Queenstown, should be rebuilt to 8 lanes -- 3 each way, plus 2 that are reversible.

And while we're dreaming, let's have a bridge from Calvert County to Dorchester County to take some of the pressure off the Bay Bridge.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:33 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,653,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
Hard to do that without Northern Virginia's cooperation.
AFAIK the states have been talking relatively recently, 3 years or so. I'll see if I can find something on it.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:49 PM

789 posts, read 1,096,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
What I'd like to see on the Beltway is the addition of 2 lanes each way for E-Z Pass users, like what Virginia has done. I'd also like to see the "Outer Beltway" (the ICC) extended westward across the Potomac River to connect up with the Dulles Airport area. But the folks in Potomac will NEVER allow that to happen. (Maybe they'd be OK if we tunneled under the river instead of building a bridge over it?)

The Bay Bridge, and all of U.S. 50 from Annapolis to Queenstown, should be rebuilt to 8 lanes -- 3 each way, plus 2 that are reversible.

And while we're dreaming, let's have a bridge from Calvert County to Dorchester County to take some of the pressure off the Bay Bridge.
You should try Sim City.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:55 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,137 times
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Everytime I see Larry Hogan, I think of Barney Rubble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
You work for Fat Boy, don't you?

Old 08-27-2015, 10:15 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Like they say, 'There is no interest like self interest!"

Old 08-27-2015, 06:14 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Everytime I see Larry Hogan, I think of Barney Rubble.
I always thought he looked like if Ed Helms ate the rest of the Office cast lol. He probably thanks his lucky stars he's not the fattest governor in America thanks to a certain guy from New Jersey.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:29 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,752,592 times
Quote:
I don't think a full beltway would make sense but extending the ICC into Northern Virginia would be an excellent idea!

It would relieve pressure off of the American Legion Bridge & 495 while giving the area another Potomac river crossing. It would connect the 270 Biotech corridor with the Dulles corridor.

If people are concerned about sprawl/environmental issues all they have to do is limit the number of interchanges & charge a toll based on congestion levels & give a free ride to HOV+3 (w/ EZ Pass flex) user's like the current 95 & 495 express lanes in Virginia to encourage carpooling. Doing those things would also cut down on the overall cost too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland