Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:28 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Doesn't sound so bad; it won't be a drastically longer walk to the Metro and will be closer to downtown and buses, taxis, and K&R. Sounds like there will be less space for private development but a building that was initially slated for demolition gets to stay.
I actually think it's better for downtown Silver Spring. If you look at the site plan for the new station, there would actually still be room to develop even with the station there. It wouldn't be as much as there was before, but there is still room.

Honestly, I'm not sure something has to go there anyway. Silver Spring is building up all over the place. There are several towers gong up now. I almost think that grassy area would better serve Silver Spring if it were turned into a public park with fountains etc. If they can somehow keep homeless and beggars from taking it over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 05:33 PM

662 posts, read 782,508 times
Purple Line won’t be getting $900 million it expected on Monday
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...3a2_story.html

Old 08-05-2016, 09:41 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,486,822 times
I'm sure an appeal is coming

Old 08-08-2016, 08:56 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccity View Post
I'm sure an appeal is coming
I agree. I mean who can predict change in ridership numbers? If there was an earthquake tomorrow, ridership would decrease significantly. Using the logic of the judge, we shouldn't build anything for fear of some unknown event in the future that would change statistical projections.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:31 AM

712 posts, read 1,091,923 times
Some of the commenters on greatergreaterwashington looked into the judge and pretty much were able to find enough scraps of information to determine that he himself lives in Chevy Chase and is possibly a member of a golf club that's anti-Purple line. If all this is true, he should've recused himself. Talk about a conflict of interest

Old 08-08-2016, 10:42 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
Some of the commenters on greatergreaterwashington looked into the judge and pretty much were able to find enough scraps of information to determine that he himself lives in Chevy Chase and is possibly a member of a golf club that's anti-Purple line. If all this is true, he should've recused himself. Talk about a conflict of interest
Yeah. I mean his argument has so many holes and seems very after-the-fact.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:20 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
I read that, but that was not confirmed when I read it. Has it been confirmed yet about the judge?

Old 08-09-2016, 06:23 AM

712 posts, read 1,091,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I read that, but that was not confirmed when I read it. Has it been confirmed yet about the judge?
Quote:
Rita M. (ORorke) Leon, age 90, a longtime resident of South Natick, passed away on November 10, 2015. The beloved wife of the late Silvano B. Leon, she is survived by her devoted children, Judge Richard J. Leon and his wife Christine of Chevy Chase, MD

Rita Leon Obituary - Natick, MA | MetroWest Daily News
Quote:
Leon was born in South Natick, Massachusetts in 1949.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Leon
The obituary is all the proof that I needed to see.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:13 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
Quote:
This should be investigated.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:58 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
This should be investigated.
That's what I'm wondering. What will done about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland