Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 09:10 AM

15,409 posts, read 25,722,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
No one is talking about "trying" to concentrate poverty or anything else. I am simply saying that if you contribute more to society, then you deserve to make more money AND to live in a better place than someone making less and contributing less. This is called "fairness" in the dictionary.

If its not "fair" for one person to pay 20 dollars for a pizza while another person pays only 5 dollars for the same pizza.. then it is also not fair for burger flippers to live in the same housing as doctors.

This is called common sense and there is really no way to argue against it without sounding stupid.
If only life were so simple. Things happen. People are lower income for all kinds of reasons that have little to with how much you are "contributing to society" whatever that means. Lower income people often do contribute to society, but apparently you do not recognize their contribution. Fortunately, others do recognize their value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 11:08 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,799,125 times
thats right and chris breezy can be the typical arrogant ass washingtonian who thinks he’s better than everybody else and “poor folks” are useless. just stop replying to his basura. i have.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:38 PM

135 posts, read 144,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
thats right and chris breezy can be the typical arrogant ass washingtonian who thinks he’s better than everybody else and “poor folks” are useless. just stop replying to his basura. i have.

Listen... I don't like what this dude has to say anymore than you do but please do not call his a$$ a Washingtonian. Most of us are nowhere near as arrogant, ignorant and just plan impractical as he is. This guy isn't from DC, I can assure you of that.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth2power202 View Post
Listen... I don't like what this dude has to say anymore than you do but please do not call his a$$ a Washingtonian. Most of us are nowhere near as arrogant, ignorant and just plan impractical as he is. This guy isn't from DC, I can assure you of that.
ok i hear you. calling him a washingtonian is wrong.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:22 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,515,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
If only life were so simple. Things happen. People are lower income for all kinds of reasons that have little to with how much you are "contributing to society" whatever that means. Lower income people often do contribute to society, but apparently you do not recognize their contribution. Fortunately, others do recognize their value.
No one said the poor don't contribute. All I'm talking about is fairness.

If its not "fair" for one person to pay 20 dollars for a pizza while another person pays only 5 dollars for the same pizza.. then it is also not fair for burger flippers to live in the same housing as doctors.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth2power202 View Post
There is nothing special about Washingtonians. Good people and bad people come from everywhere.

If you think all Washingtonians are the same then you are the arrogant and ignorant one.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
No one said the poor don't contribute. All I'm talking about is fairness.

get over the fairness thing. life isn’t always fair. obviously u don’t know that and are a mamas boy who never had to work for anything.. so i say this.. you earn what u get. you just hating cuz you can’t afford moco or even keep a job with ur attitude. so whats up?? thats why its called “equal housing” damn. this fool

Old 01-20-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
get over the fairness thing. life isn’t always fair. obviously u don’t know that and are a mamas boy who never had to work for anything.. so i say this.. you earn what u get. you just hating cuz you can’t afford moco or even keep a job with ur attitude. so whats up?? thats why its called “equal housing” damn. this fool
You sound dumb.

I make enough money to live anywhere in the DC area. And if I pay high rent to live somewhere.. I don't believe someone making less should be able to live in the same place for less.

Also, life not being fair is not a logical excuse to engage in unfair behavior yourself. But most people are too ignorant to understand this.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
You sound dumb.

I make enough money to live anywhere in the DC area. And if I pay high rent to live somewhere.. I don't believe someone making less should be able to live in the same place for less.

Also, life not being fair is not a logical excuse to engage in unfair behavior yourself. But most people are too ignorant to understand this.
lol so do I fool matter of fact Im counting my rubber band stacks right now that can’t fit in a bank account. ok let me clear it up cause i don’t get you. ok so you still think you are entitled to everything right? Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?? i don’t believe people making less should live same place for less. lol who gives a flying… Why do you care??? all you sound like is some racist that hate people who make less money.(your not the first know it all fool around this area who is like this) get a life.. I don’t believe people who work more have to pay more taxes. It really bothers me. I work very hard and have to pay more taxes then i want to. Its not fair its really unfair. So I’m just gonna sit here and b*** all day cause I hate everybody and taxes.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:51 AM

32,613 posts, read 77,432,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
What on earth are you talking about? Downtown Silver Spring avg rent is like $1700-2200 for 1br and houses cost in the $300-450 sqft range, depending on size (i.e. usually in the $500K-1.1M range). What the heck is your definition of "upper middle and upper class"? Outside of your apartment complex (Summit Hills) there is very little that's affordable these days, for better and worse. As everyone has stated a million times, SS isn't even remotely "ghetto." You either don't understand what the word means or you consider anything that's not Bethesda vanilla to be "ghetto."
LOL @ $1,400/month-$1,800/month for a 1-BR apartment, which are the current market rates for Summit Hills, being "affordable".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland