Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 03:24 AM

22 posts, read 21,163 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about "Fairview Center"? Pgatlas sent out a development notification about it with the following details:

Case number: 4-16037
Title: FAIRVIEW CENTER
Description: PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION OF 40,000 SQ FT OF RETAIL SPACE
Location: NW QUAD OF INTERSECTION AT WHITFIELD CHAPEL RD & MLK, JR. BLVD
Zip code: 20706
Map link: http://www.pgatlas.com/?notify=NC0xN...YyMWZlOTA0Zjg= (seems to be down now)

I tried searching for any further details but couldn't find any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 06:25 AM

712 posts, read 1,091,767 times
Quote:
La-Z-Boy Inc. (NYSE: LZB) will shift its regional distribution and logistics operations from Anne Arundel County to Bowie, taking a full building within the Collington Park industrial center.

The Monroe, Michigan-based residential furniture maker has agreed to lease 16101 Queen’s Court, a 220,800-square-foot property developed by Baltimore-based MRP Industrial. Collington Park, a master planned, four-building industrial/flex campus located within the 3.2 million-square-foot Collington Trade Center, is owned by MRP Industrial and AEW Capital Management LP.
https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...ie-with-a.html

I don't consider that area Bowie but Upper Marlboro. Even Collington Park's website refers to that area as Upper Marlboro throughout the site, while it uses Bowie on some pages.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:56 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,545,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...ie-with-a.html

I don't consider that area Bowie but Upper Marlboro. Even Collington Park's website refers to that area as Upper Marlboro throughout the site, while it uses Bowie on some pages.
So the Collington Branch, is actually a waterway that's spine goes from Bowie down to Upper Marlboro and knifes through many Bowie and/or Upper Marlboro subdivisions. It almost goes unnoticed however and most residents don't realize it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collington_Branch

Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 PM

CAVA and Silver Diner are coming to Woodmore Towne Centre, as reported on the Prince George's County Real Estate Development News Facebook page. They will sit opposite the Nordstrom Rack store. I haven't seen anything about opening dates yet.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:46 PM

219 posts, read 594,777 times
Quote:
CAVA and Silver Diner are coming to Woodmore Towne Centre, as reported on the Prince George's County Real Estate Development News Facebook page. They will sit opposite the Nordstrom Rack store. I haven't seen anything about opening dates yet.
This is good news, thanks for sharing!

Even though I don't live that close to WTC, I'm glad they are bringing more options to that area.

Hopefully CAVA will do well and entice other fast casual chains to come such as &pizza, Sweetgreen, Chopt, Nandos, District Taco, etc....

Old 06-26-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Is there some type of link proof in this? I put in specifically "CAVA and Silver Diner are coming to Woodmore Towne Centre," in a Google search and the most I get from it is a link to a Facebook page with the same words on it.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:16 AM

22 posts, read 21,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Is there some type of link proof in this? I put in specifically "CAVA and Silver Diner are coming to Woodmore Towne Centre," in a Google search and the most I get from it is a link to a Facebook page with the same words on it.

If you subscribe to development activity in that zip code via PGAtlas, you can see the planning documents. Here's the relevant line from the most recently activity email:

Case Number: DSP-16011-01
Title: WOODMORE TOWNE CENTRE AT GLENARDEN - SILVER DINER/CAVA, LOT 2
Description: CONSTRUCTION OF NEW RETAIL TENANTS & ARCHITECTURAL ELEVATIONS FOR 3 FREESTANDING BUILDINGS
Location: NORTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE INTERSECTION OF RUBY LOCKHART BOULEVARD & ST. JOSEPH'S DRIVE
Zip Code: 20706
Map Link: Click Here

I also find it interesting the plan says 3 freestanding buildings... What could the third be for if the plan only mentions Silver Diner and Cava?

Old 06-27-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
In addition to what willow_hiller posted, the FB group that you're referencing got the information from a real estate development newsletter called Maryland Newsletters (https://www.marylandnewsletters.com/). You have to pay for a subscription but on their site you can see a sample newsletter and the type of news provided.

Last edited by WhoDatInMD; 06-27-2018 at 11:23 AM..

Old 06-27-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
In addition to what willow_hiller posted, the FB group that you're referencing got the information from a real estate development newsletter called Maryland Newsletters (https://www.marylandnewsletters.com/). You have to pay for a subscription but on their site you can see a sample newsletter and the type of news provided.
Thanks, to both of you.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:50 AM

77 posts, read 84,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow_hiller View Post
Does anyone know anything about "Fairview Center"? Pgatlas sent out a development notification about it with the following details:

Case number: 4-16037
Title: FAIRVIEW CENTER
Description: PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION OF 40,000 SQ FT OF RETAIL SPACE
Location: NW QUAD OF INTERSECTION AT WHITFIELD CHAPEL RD & MLK, JR. BLVD
Zip code: 20706
Map link: PGAtlas (seems to be down now)

I tried searching for any further details but couldn't find any information.
Didn't catch this post previously. I used to live off of Whitfield Chapel Rd when I was younger, I'm surprised someone would want to use that parcel of land for retail. The area is all residential until you get to the other end of the street at Annapolis Rd.

I'd be interested in how they utilize the space because they'd be right on 495.

There is a hearing scheduled. I saw the sign when I was driving past, but I couldn't read the date. Its probably not going to be constructed. Only thing I could see fitting that area would be a smaller sized church since there are 2 a block away from it on that side of the street and then about 3 more further down the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland