Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 12:53 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
This thread is about economic developments happening in the listed areas of the thread title though.
Yes it is, and the school system impacts the desire of developers to take a risk. You know, economic development.

I probably posted the link in the Prince George's County Rising thread. Same impact there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 02:20 PM

26 posts, read 79,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGuy View Post
Does anyone know what the large construction is in front of the new Dave and Buster's at the Ritchie Marketplace shopping center? I saw it driving on 495 the other day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Yes I drive past it every day, and you're absolutely right it looks like a movie theater must be on the way to Ritchie-Marlboro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
Rumour is its a Walmart

This building/store is going to be Regency Furniture. There is now a banner on the fence along the inner loop of the Beltway saying "Regency Furniture Coming Soon". And the existing Regency Furniture store in the area at Largo Town Center is currently having a "moving sale".

So there you have it. That building is not going to be a Walmart or a movie theater.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:03 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyendis View Post
This building/store is going to be Regency Furniture. There is now a banner on the fence along the inner loop of the Beltway saying "Regency Furniture Coming Soon". And the existing Regency Furniture store in the area at Largo Town Center is currently having a "moving sale".

So there you have it. That building is not going to be a Walmart or a movie theater.
I can hardly contain my shock!

Old 05-08-2017, 10:01 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,547,924 times
Quote:

Wow, I was just literally having a conversation yesterday about the dearth of a decent furniture store and having to go to VA to find one. The Regency Furniture at Largo Town Center closed a year or two ago, so this will be much welcomed.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:14 AM

219 posts, read 594,821 times
Quote:

Great, another cheap furniture store in PG County was looking forward to the upscale movie theater rumors....

Thanks for the update though

Old 05-09-2017, 06:17 AM

712 posts, read 1,091,923 times
Default Inside 2U's New, 281K SF Headquarters In Prince George's County

Quote:
Educational technology firm 2U celebrated the opening of its new heaquarters near the New Carrollton Metro Tuesday evening. Founded in 2008 by CEO Christopher "Chip" Paucek, 2U partners with colleges and universities, including DC schools American University, Georgetown University and George Washington University, to create online degree programs. The company has grown rapidly, becoming a publicly traded company in 2014, and now has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Denver, Chapel Hill and Hong Kong. Last year, it signed a deal to keep its HQ in Prince George's County, moving from a 68K SF office in Landover to the former CSC building near the New Carrollton Metro, where it will fill 281K SF at full build-out.
https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...llton-hq-73766

This is a couple weeks old but I didn't see it posted here. 2U renovated the old CSC building into a pretty impressive facility judging from the descriptions and pictures.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:50 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatInMD View Post
https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...llton-hq-73766

This is a couple weeks old but I didn't see it posted here. 2U renovated the old CSC building into a pretty impressive facility judging from the descriptions and pictures.
Nice!

Old 05-09-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGuy View Post
Great, another cheap furniture store in PG County was looking forward to the upscale movie theater rumors....

Thanks for the update though
It's really just a replacement of the one that closed up in Largo either last year or the year before. What other furniture stores are close by in a 5-8 mile radius?

Old 05-09-2017, 09:08 AM

26 posts, read 79,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
What other furniture stores are close by in a 5-8 mile radius?
There is a Marlo Furniture store approximately 2 miles away off of Pennsylvania Avenue in Forestville. And there is already an Ashley Furniture Store at Ritchie Station Marketplace, on the opposite end of the shopping center beside Gold's Gym.

Marlo, Ashley, and Regency all have the same parent company....

Old 05-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
There is a Marlo Furniture store approximately 2 miles away off of Pennsylvania Avenue in Forestville. And there is already an Ashley Furniture Store at Ritchie Station Marketplace, on the opposite end of the shopping center beside Gold's Gym.

Marlo, Ashley, and Regency all have the same parent company....
I haven't been to that Marlo store since the 90's lol. I was not aware of Ashley furniture there, I've technically never even been into the Ritchie Marlboro shopping center yet, sad I know.

That's all inside the Beltway technically though, I'm trying to recall the next closest one outside the beltway in either Largo/Bowie/Upper Marlboro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland