Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 02:35 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcprtc View Post
The City of College Park recently issued its quarterly Business Beat report. Among other things it indicates one of the two restaurants that will be in the Cambria Hotel is named the College Park Grill. See http://www.collegeparkmd.gov/develop...at%2032717.pdf
I feel sorry for the Lots-O-Pizza guy. Potomac Pizza is opening up at The Hotel. COllege Park already has Lot-O-Pizza (joints) already. This guy/gal better make one awesome pizza. Or make it so cheap that people don't care how it tastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The City of College Park recently issued its quarterly Business Beat report. Among other things it indicates one of the two restaurants that will be in the Cambria Hotel is named the College Park Grill. See http://www.collegeparkmd.gov/develop...at%2032717.pdf
One thing that is missing from this update is Kapnos Taverna. Have they backed out?

They are still listed on the hotel website:

https://www.thehotelumd.com/dining/

and on their Twitter:

Quote:
@MikeIsabellaDC’s coastal-inspired Greek restaurant in Arlington, VA with locations coming to College Park, MD and currently in Reagan National Airport.
https://twitter.com/KapnosTaverna

Old 04-10-2017, 07:39 PM

8 posts, read 19,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Has anyone ever been to the Moose Creek Steakhouse at the hotel by IKEA? I keep passing it by and have always wanted to try it out one day. I'm not sure if it is upscale or not. It's been there forever but I never hear anyone mention it when talking about nice places for steak.
There's a good reason no one mentions it. I went there with a coupon once. The coupon brought the prices down to the point where I wasn't outraged, but I will not be making the mistake of going there again. Restaurants attached to mass market chain hotels are usually bad news and this place was no exception.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:12 PM

220 posts, read 184,390 times
Major fire today in College Park at the site of the future Fuse 47 apartment building. Potential loss of $20-40 million. How big of a loss is this for CP development? No way the same building rebuilds here, right? Fuse 47 apartment complex at risk of collapse after fire on Monday, officials say - The Diamondback

Old 04-24-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp80 View Post
Major fire today in College Park at the site of the future Fuse 47 apartment building. Potential loss of $20-40 million. How big of a loss is this for CP development? No way the same building rebuilds here, right? Fuse 47 apartment complex at risk of collapse after fire on Monday, officials say - The Diamondback
Believe it or not, there is insurance. Even on buildings that are under construction. My guess is either they rebuild, and it's hard to believe the ENTIRE structure has to be tossed, or they sell and the buyer rebuilds. Needless to say, that property won't be rebuilt for years. I'd be surprised if reconstruction starts by the end of the year.

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 04-24-2017 at 06:36 PM..

Old 04-24-2017, 06:39 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,751,615 times
Very disappointing what happened today, as these were so close to being finished. These were non-student apartments too, that would have attracted more professionals to the area which College Park needs.

From what I have been reading, this fire wouldn't have gotten as big as it did, had the fire suppression/sprinkler system would have been fully operational.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
Very disappointing what happened today, as these were so close to being finished. These were non-student apartments too, that would have attracted more professionals to the area which College Park needs.

From what I have been reading, this fire wouldn't have gotten as big as it did, had the fire suppression/sprinkler system would have been fully operational.
Then I wonder if the insurance company will pay. There could be negligence. People were supposed to start moving in this summer.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:23 PM

206 posts, read 209,896 times
It appears that about two-thirds
of the stick portion of the building will have to be demolished (floors 3-7). The first two stories are steel and concrete and should be OK. The western end should not have fire damage; but some smoke and perhaps water damage.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:04 PM

220 posts, read 184,390 times
Quote:
It appears that about two-thirds
of the stick portion of the building will have to be demolished (floors 3-7). The first two stories are steel and concrete and should be OK. The western end should not have fire damage; but some smoke and perhaps water damage.
Just in reading various comments from articles, a lot of people are surprised that a multi-family home is built with so much wood. Is this normal? Are there requirements on the % of an apartment building that can be wood? Obviously a greater risk of fire.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:00 PM

206 posts, read 209,896 times
The only large apartment buildings built since 2005 in College Park not built of sticks are the View I and II and the Enclave. Stick built on a concrete base is standard construction, though I believe we may allow one more stick built story than some other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland