Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 07:24 PM

662 posts, read 784,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergfella View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...dquarters.html

And just like that...

What next for those spaces that were in the running? Refocus on a different effort, or keep space vacant until there is more congressional and presidential support...4 years from now at a minimum?
Some of those companies have been waiting for a looong time. What's another 4? This does not surprise me in the least with this administration. Many things just are NOT going to happen. They are not only understaffed, morale is down at most agencies, and when they actually do nominate ppl to run the agencies most of them, at BEST, have zero govt experience and at worst, want to dismantle the agency...see Tillerson, Zinke, Perry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 07:50 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,578,183 times
Quote:

And just like that...

What next for those spaces that were in the running? Refocus on a different effort, or keep space vacant until there is more congressional and presidential support...4 years from now at a minimum?
I think they will wait another two years to see what happens during the mid-terms. This isn't over. IN the meantime, At least for Greenbelt, nothing is stopping them from developing the mixed-use plans at the metro station. If the FBI comes it would be the second phase of that development. If not, something else will be phase two like more mixed-use. Both Greenbelt and Fairfax as still very much TODs which are hot right now.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:22 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,693,257 times
Wow, what a giant eff you to the FBI.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:46 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
Wow, what a giant eff you to the FBI.
Maybe the plan is to move it to a sane state, i.e. not MD or VA. I say put it in West Virginia or Pennsylvania.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:00 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,693,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Maybe the plan is to move it to a sane state, i.e. not MD or VA. I say put it in West Virginia or Pennsylvania.
...GSA is canceling the project, not rebidding it. That seems unlikely to change until 1. Trump is removed from office or 2. an attack on U.S. soil convinces Trump and/or Congress to actually do their job.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:44 AM

789 posts, read 1,097,382 times
Quote:
Maybe the plan should be to let sane people make these decisions.

What could possibly be so different about FBI HQ in WV / PA? I assure you the same people will build and work inside no matter where it is located. If this is simply the Sean Hannity talking point, dude is a total idiot.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:58 AM

662 posts, read 784,200 times
Quote:

That doesn't even make sense. What in the world is a "sane" state? I assume you mean Republican. MD has a Republican governor and VA has Republican majorities in its House and Senate chambers :/

Old 07-11-2017, 08:07 AM

4,405 posts, read 4,300,828 times
Quote:

And just like that...

Well this just goes to show we can't rely on the government for new development. Now can we please get the Landover Mall site redeveloped ASAP?

Old 07-11-2017, 08:16 AM

20,150 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Maryland has to be near the bottom of states President Trump will want to help. Instead of the Purple Line, they should build a highway instead. Call it Brian Frosh Boulevard.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:23 PM

37,893 posts, read 41,998,813 times
Quote:
Why would those "sane" states want any artifacts of big government???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland