Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 04:14 AM

1 posts, read 973 times

Advertisements

I am a 45 year old women, with one speeding ticket in my whole life!,,,, I was living in Frederick MD, I had to get to work, so The roads took me on that toll road 200 to get to Olney MD , which I had no clue it was a toll road, I was on that road 14 times, Which my company was paying drive time and mileage, my health went down hill bad!, which I had to quit that Job! and move 2 and half hours to be close to My daughter!, In the process of my health and the move!,,, I didnt even realize the ezzzzzpass was sending me toll tickets in the mail!,, By the time I realize it, ezzzzpass sent all them tickets to the Maryland Collections, and Fine me on each one of them tickets,,, and put a flag on renewing my tags, all year long I have been calling and pleading and begging for them to just let me pay the tolls which are under 45.00 dollars!, and they wont help me!, I have tons of Doctors Appoints coming up at the beginning of Jan of 2017!, I am not married!,, I Pay all my bills by my self!, and the one thing I have to save my life is my car and they want to take that from me!, ezzzpass and maryland collections yall have no heart!,, Out of this whole mess when I am begging both of them to help me, ezzpassing is telling me to call the maryland collections to get on a payment plan!, I told them I did!!!!!!, but it was to much money!!!,,,,, and Maryland Collection Agency is telling me to call ezzpass to lower there fines!, and while you 2 companies are gambling back an forth about who is lower money!,, My health is Bad!,,,, Yall have no heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!,,, Yall are killing Good people with your 50 dollars fines!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 05:18 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Welcome to the site......

Im sorry to hear all this......... I hope things get better for ya s00n

Old 12-29-2016, 07:10 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,464 times
Congratulations. OP, your post could easily win the "Most Incomprehensible, Out of Control, Mid-life Crisis Story of the Year" award.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:47 AM

15,424 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleanlynne View Post
I am a 45 year old women, with one speeding ticket in my whole life!,,,, I was living in Frederick MD, I had to get to work, so The roads took me on that toll road 200 to get to Olney MD , which I had no clue it was a toll road, I was on that road 14 times, Which my company was paying drive time and mileage, my health went down hill bad!, which I had to quit that Job! and move 2 and half hours to be close to My daughter!, In the process of my health and the move!,,, I didnt even realize the ezzzzzpass was sending me toll tickets in the mail!,, By the time I realize it, ezzzzpass sent all them tickets to the Maryland Collections, and Fine me on each one of them tickets,,, and put a flag on renewing my tags, all year long I have been calling and pleading and begging for them to just let me pay the tolls which are under 45.00 dollars!, and they wont help me!, I have tons of Doctors Appoints coming up at the beginning of Jan of 2017!, I am not married!,, I Pay all my bills by my self!, and the one thing I have to save my life is my car and they want to take that from me!, ezzzpass and maryland collections yall have no heart!,, Out of this whole mess when I am begging both of them to help me, ezzpassing is telling me to call the maryland collections to get on a payment plan!, I told them I did!!!!!!, but it was to much money!!!,,,,, and Maryland Collection Agency is telling me to call ezzpass to lower there fines!, and while you 2 companies are gambling back an forth about who is lower money!,, My health is Bad!,,,, Yall have no heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!,,, Yall are killing Good people with your 50 dollars fines!!!!
EZ Pass fines? I thought it was the state that did the fining if you don't pay the tolls. Did you have an EZ Pass or drive on the ICC without one? I assume you mean you had an EZ Pass but you didn't pay the bill. Your beef is with them, not Maryyland, if my assumption is correct. In that case, you have to work it out with them. The collection agency can't lower the fines. If your company was paying, why didn't it include tolls? Maybe they did and you spent it on something else. If you didn't have an EZ Pass then forget what I just said.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:05 AM

2,038 posts, read 4,551,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
EZ Pass fines? I thought it was the state that did the fining if you don't pay the tolls. Did you have an EZ Pass or drive on the ICC without one? I assume you mean you had an EZ Pass but you didn't pay the bill. Your beef is with them, not Maryyland, if my assumption is correct. In that case, you have to work it out with them. The collection agency can't lower the fines. If your company was paying, why didn't it include tolls? Maybe they did and you spent it on something else. If you didn't have an EZ Pass then forget what I just said.
Apparently, the OP didn't realize it was a toll road (although they had been on it 14 times and there is signage at every entry to the road). They were billed by mail and apparently never saw any of those bills either. If you don't have an ezpass, they bill you by mail by taking a picture of your tag while you are on the ICC. Due to not paying, additional late fees and fines were assessed. State of Maryland has flagged their car registration for suspension if all tolls and fines are not paid.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:12 AM

15,424 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
Apparently, the OP didn't realize it was a toll road (although they had been on it 14 times and there is signage at every entry to the road). They were billed by mail and apparently never saw any of those bills either. If you don't have an ezpass, they bill you by mail by taking a picture of your tag while you are on the ICC. Due to not paying, additional late fees and fines were assessed. State of Maryland has flagged their car registration for suspension if all tolls and fines are not paid.
That's what I thought, but several parts of what they said make me wonder.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:59 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post

Likely the OP didn't submit the toll bills to her company, or they might have paid them as well as her other expenses. Generally, (at least in my experience) apn employee must fill out an expense report, and submit receipts (perhaps no receipts needed for tolls under a certain amount) to be reimbursed for travel expenses.

OP, your employer might yet reimburse you for those tolls if you submit documentation for those you incurred while on the job with this company. They won't pay additional fees, such as fines for nonpayment, or other expenses associated with collection of those fines, but it might be worth looking into anyway.

But how did you travel on those toll roads that often and miss the YUGE signs they post all over the entrances and exits to the expressways????

Old 12-30-2016, 11:36 AM

2,188 posts, read 2,684,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Likely the OP didn't submit the toll bills to her company, or they might have paid them as well as her other expenses. Generally, (at least in my experience) apn employee must fill out an expense report, and submit receipts (perhaps no receipts needed for tolls under a certain amount) to be reimbursed for travel expenses.

OP, your employer might yet reimburse you for those tolls if you submit documentation for those you incurred while on the job with this company. They won't pay additional fees, such as fines for nonpayment, or other expenses associated with collection of those fines, but it might be worth looking into anyway.

But how did you travel on those toll roads that often and miss the YUGE signs they post all over the entrances and exits to the expressways????
I'd imagine she was just reimbursed at the federal mileage rate, rather than itemizing the individual toll/gas/wear transpo costs.

There's no way OP went on the road 14 times and didn't see all the ginormous toll signs. She probably just assumed it was an honor system to have an ezpass/didn't expect them to track her license plate and bill her that way. Poor risk/reward decision that'll rightfully cost her the toll+late fees for not paying the bill in a timely manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland