Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 05:10 AM

8 posts, read 22,444 times

Advertisements

Trawling through all the posts on this forum have provided me with enormous help already. So I can't resist the urge to turn to you again for more answers. We are a family of four (+ cat) relocating from Europe for my husbands work in DC.

We are looking to rent an apartment in the Montgomery area atleast for the first year until we get our bearings and figure out where we want to settle more long term. Does anyone have any knowledge of the Jefferon at Inigo Crossing complex on the corner of Tuckerman Lane and Rockville Pike. Its newly built and looks nice and we can afford it. But would be interested if someone has any inside info. Same goes for Topaz House on 4400 East West Highway and Avalon at Grosvenor - this looks nice and belongs to the Garrett elementary school district which sounds like its a good school. BUT its right next to the metro- tracks. Anyone know anyone living there? Does the house shake and rumble every 5 minutes?

Kids and school questions: We have a 6yr old and a 2 yr old. My understanding is that if we rent at Jefferson we will be assigned to Ashburton ES. Avalon would put us in Garrett ES and Topaz in Rosemary or Bethesda ES. Are these all good schools so not a factor I need to take too much into consideration? Or ?

Also, as my son's English isn't very good I would really love him to get some good language immersion May-Aug. Are there and summer camps (day only), summer schools or other activities you would recommend.

Also what do you do with 2 year olds for child care - I need a breather from the cutest but most energy charged toddler ever seen for atleast a couple of hours a week to keep my sanity!!

Thank you all for past posts and hopefully help on these questions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland