Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 09:11 AM

5 posts, read 3,811 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I am new from DC and don't drive. So far I have found the driving schools to be pricey and really can't afford it any time soon. However I'll need transportation to job hunt. Besides getting familiar with routes to main locations , it's psychological support that I really need. Dying for any help.

Ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 12:53 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,807,405 times
take the bus. having a car costs a lot more then driver ed

Old 02-12-2018, 04:16 PM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Psychological support? Okay. You have to be crazy to drive here.

There really are many nuts out there. Maybe you'll fit right in like I do.

Okay, seriously, judging by the results of a good driving school for my kids when they were learning to drive, I would say it is worth every penny. It really helped them get better at it all.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:42 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBloomerMillenial View Post
Hello all, I am new from DC and don't drive.
Dying for any help.
DC is really not the place to learn how to drive.
Good luck.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 PM

I thought this folder specified Waldorf, I left DC. It's farmland. Public trans is an hour's walk away through trees.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 PM

2,193 posts, read 2,687,697 times
Quote:
I thought this folder specified Waldorf, I left DC. It's farmland. Public trans is an hour's walk away through trees.
You have to take a drivers ed class (40 hours in-class; 6 hours behind the wheel) in order to get a Maryland license. I'm really not sure what your options are if you live in the middle of nowhere and can't drive and don't have money to take the required drivers ed classes. Find a job within the radius of your bicycling ability, I suppose, or move back to a denser area.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:44 AM

789 posts, read 1,095,900 times
Quote:
Hello all, I am new from DC and don't drive. So far I have found the driving schools to be pricey and really can't afford it any time soon.
If you can't afford driving school, I'm not sure how you plan on affording a car. Most without the means use other transportation methods until they have said means. Or they ask their parents or family members for help.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:24 AM

Any driver rehabilitation or programs? I can't ride a bike. Besides it's too far and vulnerable. I can afford a car after I can get to work. I don't have anyone who will help. I have my DC license so won't need to take drivers ed for MD.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:18 AM

170 posts, read 188,280 times
#1: You have a DC license but are asking for driving schools? Have you forgotten how to drive? If so, and if you can't really afford anything, you can access written material (learn proper mechanics of driving; regulations specific to the state(s) you will be driving on) either by online search or through specific inquiries to the proper bureaus of motor vehicles. If you need 'driving experience' behind the wheel, your best option would be a friend or relative. Beyond that, you're looking at paying for a driving school.

#2: You are job hunting but are stating that you do not want to ride a bike to work because "it's too far and vulnerable." There are no local stores that you can walk or bike to in your immediate area in Waldorf? Knowing better your specific search parameters and specific area will help us assist you better.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:08 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,807,405 times
Quote:
Any driver rehabilitation or programs? I can't ride a bike. Besides it's too far and vulnerable. I can afford a car after I can get to work. I don't have anyone who will help. I have my DC license so won't need to take drivers ed for MD.
You said u need physiological help so start there 1st. we got to many locos driving around here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
View detailed profiles of: